HAVING A GRAND OLD TIME! The 2013 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lagoon View Room 8331, 3rd Floor Boca Chica - exactly what I hoped for when I requested Boca Chica, full balcony, higher floor.

While there was wear to the furniture and the upholstery as others had reported, it did not diminish my enjoyment of this large, extremely comfortable room. I loved the blue reading chair (most comfy reading chair ever!) and the poster tribute to books and toys of childhood and Disney above it. The sink area of the bathroom was delightful - well laid out and spacious. The wallpaper is darling.

I was worried about being cold or feeling like there weren't enough covers without a bedspread, but the triple sheeting arrangement was comfortable. I got out an extra blanket the first night, but never needed it. I kept the room a little warmer than usual and it worked fine.

I am trying not to get too attached to the decor as it will all be changing soon. I'm thrilled to be going back in January so I can enjoy the soon to be past decor one more time. I didn't expect to fall in love with it, but I did.

When I got back to my room my first night, I loved finding the lights on soft, the dorky Disney hotel music playing on the TV, and immaculately turned down beds with chocolate and a sweet card.

Woooowww circusgirl
Love those pix!!! Got me soooo excited!
Any pix of the beach ,hammock and the main pool?

Beautiful pictures Circusgirl! I have a question since you stayed in a lagoon view room- was it very noisy at night, as far as the boat horns and EWP?

Woooowww circusgirl
Love those pix!!! Got me soooo excited!
Any pix of the beach ,hammock and the main pool?

Here are a few more of the beach and pool area. I did not see a hammock while I was there. This was my first stay, so I suspect things may have changed since the addition of DVC. Perhaps someone who has more experience with the resort can shed some light on this. I know the beach area is smaller since the new building was added.

Love the pictures!!!
Richard such a sweet man!!!!

He is the best! We had a wonderful conversation and I was extremely inspired by his kindness and spirit.

Beautiful pictures Circusgirl! I have a question since you stayed in a lagoon view room- was it very noisy at night, as far as the boat horns and EWP?

The EWP is certainly a force while it is happening, although with the balcony doors closed it would not have bothered me. I loved watching it from my room the nights I happened to be there for it. The boat horns were never an issue for me.

My TA put it is great perspective (my poor poor TA :lmao:) I get the big Poly rooms and CL, but I can enjoy my favorite amenities at GF the pools:beach: For a little less I can have non-CL at GF, but IPO so far is doing a pretty good job making me feel like a VIP :goodvibes It's tough too as DH doesn't love GF like I do...so in a way this will keep everyone happy

I agree with your TA....the best of both worlds :thumbsup2. I know you're going to have a great time at the Poly ::yes::.

Just dropping by to wish you all a Happy Christmas :santa:

Hope you had a nice Christmas as well :santa:.

I have been following this thread for months and want to thank everyone for the information and wonderful pictures.

Merry Christmas, two days until we are on the plane and first stay at GFV:cool1:

Not sure if you're at the GF now, but if you are, hope you're having a great time :wizard:.

i just wanted to say merry christmas to all of my wonderful GF friends! i hope you all have a wonderful day (or two days, for those of us who make a big deal out of christmas eve, too, like we do at my house). i am thankful for all of you. :goodvibes

I hope you and your family had a nice Christmas Eve/Day as well :santa:. I, too, am thankful for the wonderful people on this thread as everyone is very nice and helpful :flower3:.

Inspired by our recent stay and "Twas The Night Before Christmas," we offer the following:

Twas the day before Christmas and all through the Grand
All the guests had assembled from many a land

To gaze at the tree and the gingerbread house
It was pure Disney magic in the land of the mouse

Fine wreaths and garland were hung from the walls
Which helped us forget those packed shopping malls

As Santa approached on his gift-laden sleigh
Some guests had relaxed at the GF's Cafe

There were others who sat in plush lobby chairs
While a young bride and groom posed near the stairs

But for all who attended, it was a such a Grand sight
Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
:santa:

Very nice :goodvibes.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday, full of family and joy.

LOL - you said a mouthful, I go slower and get less done now, too.;)

I hope you had a great time celebrating with your family :).

I love to bake, but the older I get the more time consuming it is....but I managed to do pretty well this year in the baking department...even though it did take me a little longer than usual :rolleyes1.

Merry Christmas and A Happy, healthy New Year Everyone!!!!
Couldn't make it to the Grand this year, but we just booked a trip for next year in a grand Villa so excited our new home away from home!!!!!!!

Hope you had a nice holiday too :santa:. Sorry you didn't make it to the Grand this year, but yay for being booked in a grand villa next year :yay:.

Thank you all for your enthusiasm for my photos! I loved that they felt like a Christmas present. :goodvibes

More awesome pics :thumbsup2....thanks for posting.

Lagoon View Room 8331, 3rd Floor Boca Chica - exactly what I hoped for when I requested Boca Chica, full balcony, higher floor.

While there was wear to the furniture and the upholstery as others had reported, it did not diminish my enjoyment of this large, extremely comfortable room. I loved the blue reading chair (most comfy reading chair ever!) and the poster tribute to books and toys of childhood and Disney above it. The sink area of the bathroom was delightful - well laid out and spacious. The wallpaper is darling.

Glad you got exactly what you requested :goodvibes. I agree about the rooms and decor. I think the rooms do need to be redone, but that doesn't take away from my enjoyment either. I didn't think I would like the Grand before my first stay, but it's hard not to fall in love with it. I hope you have another fantastic trip in January :wizard:.

And finally, in a class by himself:

I love Richard....he's so sweet :goodvibes.

Circusgirl Amazing pics! Thank you for sharing them....Boca Chica is such a nice lodge...great locaton IMO...glad that you got your request...

Turn down pics have me feeling like I just walked into the room..with the lights low..the music on the televivison..and the yummy chocolates waiting to be snacked on..:lovestruc

Hey MickeyNut :goodvibes

And a big hello to the rest of my fellow GF fans! :wave2: TGIF!!

Only 20 DAYS to go until our MLK weekend stay at the GF! Now that the holidays are wrapping up (I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! :goodvibes), it is just starting to hit us that we are actually leaving so soon! :dance3:

So looking forward to being back and also trying out Narcoossee's for the first time! Any particular dish suggestions?

Let the countdown begin... :cheer2:

Circusgirl Amazing pics! Thank you for sharing them....Boca Chica is such a nice lodge...great locaton IMO...glad that you got your request...

Turn down pics have me feeling like I just walked into the room..with the lights low..the music on the televivison..and the yummy chocolates waiting to be snacked on..:lovestruc

And a big hello to the rest of my fellow GF fans! :wave2: TGIF!!

Hello, Blue...:wave2: I agree with you re: Boca Chica. Our room had a great view and we could just walk into the lobby and right to the room within a few steps. :goodvibes I loved sitting on the balcony and seeing the castle, plus being "close to the action" re: the EWP! :thumbsup2
Hope your Christmas was all you wanted it to be! As well, to my other GF friends..:) Isn't it a most wonderful time of year? :goodvibes

New to thread, not to Disney. Can someone tell me what a deluxe room at the GF will be like. Thanks!

Hi Blue :wave2:.

Only 20 DAYS to go until our MLK weekend stay at the GF! Now that the holidays are wrapping up (I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! :goodvibes), it is just starting to hit us that we are actually leaving so soon! :dance3:

It will be here before you know it :yay:. Hope you had a great holiday. Happy packing :goodvibes.

Hope your Christmas was all you wanted it to be! As well, to my other GF friends..:) Isn't it a most wonderful time of year? :goodvibes

Hi grannyminnie :goodvibes.....hope you had a very Merry Christmas.

New to thread, not to Disney. Can someone tell me what a deluxe room at the GF will be like. Thanks!

Welcome to the GF thread :welcome:. A deluxe room will have the same decor as a standard room, but is quite a bit larger with a small sitting area.

Oh the pictures are getting me so excited!!

Remember a few weeks ago, I posted about my friend getting married and us bring Richard inside to help with her train? She got the picture link from Disney yesterday and he came out so cute playing with her flower girl.. She has thanked me a dozen times for directing him to her in the lobby.. He loves his job.

My GF MB are set to ship next week.. We have so many now, I am thinking of bring all of them to match the outfit (apparently, they all activate again with a new check in).

41 days to SL!!

Hello Mickeynut... my Christmas was nice, but a little dark cloud hanging over it was my mom's continuing decline due to dementia..:( The family had to split up and eat at two different houses due to it, and that was a first. I am, however, blessed to still have her.

Hello everyone

I posted a couple of months ago, asking about a one night stay, and mentioning that I was getting an error message when I tried to book it online.

I decided to leave it until around Easter, when all other parts of the holiday were paid off, and then book it over the phone.

Well, I was looking again today, putting in the dates and seeing what would happen, and it worked!! No error message! It was also cheaper, too. £354 for an MK view, rather than the original £404 for a standard view!! And I only had to pay a £200 deposit, too!

Soooooo excited, can't wait!!

Just wanted to pay a tribute on the GF thread to our beloved JungleCruiser who we lost 1 year ago today. :grouphug:She was a dear friend to all who knew her, and a very special lady. We miss you :hug: Her home away from home is the Grand. Here's a pic at the GF Café from last November I sent to her to show our fabulous view...we texted back and forth our whole stay...it was as if she was with us the whole time :goodvibes

The room pictures are great. Deluxe vs. standard. I am amazed how wonderful the help is on this site. Thanks!

Hello Mickeynut... my Christmas was nice, but a little dark cloud hanging over it was my mom's continuing decline due to dementia..:( The family had to split up and eat at two different houses due to it, and that was a first. I am, however, blessed to still have her.

Glad you had a nice Christmas. I'm so sorry about your mom :hug:.

Hello everyone

I posted a couple of months ago, asking about a one night stay, and mentioning that I was getting an error message when I tried to book it online.

I decided to leave it until around Easter, when all other parts of the holiday were paid off, and then book it over the phone.

Well, I was looking again today, putting in the dates and seeing what would happen, and it worked!! No error message! It was also cheaper, too. £354 for an MK view, rather than the original £404 for a standard view!! And I only had to pay a £200 deposit, too!

Soooooo excited, can't wait!!

Glad everything worked out this time and you were able to book what you wanted :thumbsup2.

Just wanted to pay a tribute on the GF thread to our beloved JungleCruiser who we lost 1 year ago today. :grouphug:She was a dear friend to all who knew her, and a very special lady. We miss you :hug: Her home away from home is the Grand. Here's a pic at the GF Café from last November I sent to her to show our fabulous view...we texted back and forth our whole stay...it was as if she was with us the whole time :goodvibes

:hug:

The room pictures are great. Deluxe vs. standard. I am amazed how wonderful the help is on this site. Thanks!

Glad the pics were helpful :goodvibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter