HAVING A GRAND OLD TIME! The 2013 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
:goodvibes congrats on booking SL! You are going to love it..Its our preference for summer visits to the GF becuase of its close proximity to the CY pool and the boat dock too...

:confused3 BTW..am curious on how you got that awesome 40% discount :thumbsup2..the most we have been able to get recently is the 35% off offered with a BB ressie..

:wave2: Hi MommyGina..

As BCV has pointed out the music can only be heard in the main building...and is only until 10pm...and although I do believe all of the construction will be finished by the time of your trip..I do think there will be room refurbs going on..which may effect the availablity of certain buildings...

Dont think that you need to worry about 2am boat horns...LOL..dont think the boats are generally running that late...my recommendation for a quieter building would be to request Sago ...that building is closest to the wooded area...and furthest from the hustle bustle (although I dont think it ever really feels hustley bustley ( I think I made that word up..LOL....!!??) of the courtyard area...

And..as for that Mickey waffle...your DD and as well who ever else might want one ;) can be had at the GF Cafe..and also at Gasparillas...

MickeyNut Good morning!:surfweb:...ETA..just saw that we were posting at the same time!! :goodvibes ..LOL..on the Sugar...I do like it!

Thanks!! We are excited! The proximity of the Sugarloaf building to the pool scored big points with us!! pixiedust:

Oh, the 40% off is the military discount, which we are so lucky to have been able to use over the last few years. :goodvibes

MickeyNut Good morning!:surfweb:...ETA..just saw that we were posting at the same time!! :goodvibes ..LOL..on the Sugar...I do like it!

Good morning, Blue :surfweb:. I agree......you gotta have your SL ::yes:: (that is when you're not in RPC :cloud9:).

Villas will be open when I am there and hope to get more pics!!!

I would love to see pics of the villas. I am hoping to get a peak at them when we go in December. We aren't staying at the GF, but I'm sure we'll be wandering around at some point during our trip since we are staying on the monorail :goodvibes.

We had Sago marina side and loved it. We were right next to the elevator and I was concerned at first, but even that was fairly quiet.

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words.:grouphug:

BCV23 & pas130 - :wave2:

Blue Skies - LOL about making up a word. I like it.;)

trishadono - only 2 weeks until you return?! YAY!:cool1:

Woohoo, a new thread! Thanks for doing this! I've been lurking on the last one reading whatever I can find. We're considering GF for May 2014, since the Poly construction is so up in the air. First time at GF, other than Citricos for dinner.

Can some of you knowledgeable gurus post a summary of what is/isn't under construction at this point at GF, and how you think that would affect guests in the various buildings? We'll have our DD7 with us and would love advice on non-CL quieter room/bldg choices. We would prefer not to hear the 2am boat horns or the band playing all night.

Also, where to find Mickey Waffles for breakfast? ahem..for my DD, of course... :rolleyes1

:welcome: to the FAQ and the DIS!! Glad you came out of lurkdom to join us on the new thread.

I think you will love the Grand. (shocking! lol) Everyone has given great info on the construction/quiet issue, and you should be able to get Mickey waffles at all the breakfast options on property - they are still on the menu at Gasparilla's, GF Cafe, 1900 Park Fare, Private Dining.:goodvibes

I've added new suite photos to post #6 and Beach Pool Bar photos to post #11, if anyone wants to check them out.:wave:

IDreamofPoly - so close!:cool1::cool1: You're welcome, btw - it's a labor of love.:lovestruc

New Gasparilla Island Grill & Arcade photos in post #10. More restaurant photos and shop (Sandy Cove) photos later today, hopefully.:flower3: I need a break from my laptop.:laughing:

New Gasparilla Island Grill & Arcade photos in post #10. More restaurant photos and shop (Sandy Cove) photos later today, hopefully.:flower3: I need a break from my laptop.:laughing:

Awesome! Thanks for all your hard work! :goodvibes

I saw a Star Wars game in the arcade, my girls will be all set! :rotfl:

I saw a Star Wars game in the arcade

Wha?!

click... click... click...

Awwwwwwwyeah babyyyyyy!!! :cool1:

Is the arcade open 24 hours? That's probably the only time I'm going to have available at this rate!

BTW, does anyone else hear the Flintstones theme when they read the subject header?

We are arriving at the BC in 4 days and will be checking in at the GF on the 28th! We are so unbelievable excited.:woohoo:

Just wondering if there is any information I can get for anyone while I'm down there? Updated menus, questions for CMs, certain photos, etc? This thread has been a huge help to my planning and I'd love to pay it forward!

We are arriving at the BC in 4 days and will be checking in at the GF on the 28th! We are so unbelievable excited.:woohoo:

Just wondering if there is any information I can get for anyone while I'm down there? Updated menus, questions for CMs, certain photos, etc? This thread has been a huge help to my planning and I'd love to pay it forward!

I don't have any requests for anything, but just wanted to say have a great trip :wizard:.

Guys, I cannot even believe I am posting this. We checked in today after 6 days at BC CL. Tomorrow is my 40th birthday.

WE WERE SURPRISE UPGRADED TO THE GRAND SUITE.

I swear I still can barely breathe. I am beside myself. I am still shaking. A few pics for the time being...

0D46D16B-2F8A-4CDE-8AFB-D3F9DE1A085A-7467-000002372B4FBE54.jpg

F2D0F9E9-1951-4BF0-99B6-E94B04BF0093-7467-000002372025123D.jpg

I have lots more but don't have much time right now. I can post more later or when I get home.

It has FIVE balconies. They told us Billy Joel played this piano. Johnny Depp stayed here.

It is insane. We have all cried. I am so grateful. We are here for four nights!!!

I am here with dh and kids. My BFF since childhood is staying on the second floor. We have already had our scones and snacks and shopped at basin. And an old friend who I have not seen in years is coming to meet for drinks tonight. Now this is a 40th birthday I can tolerate!

Guys, I cannot even believe I am posting this. We checked in today after 6 days at BC CL. Tomorrow is my 40th birthday.

I swear I still can barely breathe. I am beside myself. I am still shaking. A few pics for the time being...

I have lots more but don't have much time right now. I can post more later or when I get home.

It has FIVE balconies. They told us Billy Joel played this piano. Johnny Depp stayed here.

It is insane. We have all cried. I am so grateful. We are here for four nights!!!

I am here with dh and kids. My BFF since childhood is staying on the second floor. We have already had our scones and snacks and shopped at basin. And an old friend who I have not seen in years is coming to meet for drinks tonight. Now this is a 40th birthday I can tolerate!

Congrats on the awesome upgrade :dance3:. The pics are beautiful.....enjoy that amazing suite :goodvibes.

0D46D16B-2F8A-4CDE-8AFB-D3F9DE1A085A-7467-000002372B4FBE54.jpg

F2D0F9E9-1951-4BF0-99B6-E94B04BF0093-7467-000002372025123D.jpg

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!!!:cheer2::dance3::cool1:

The Grand really knows how to sprinkle pixie dust. Have a magical 40th Birthday!!

pixiedust: oh. my. MICKEY!!!!!!

That is amazing!! I got goosebumps and started to tear up reading your post! Take lots and lots of photos! and Enjoy every single one of those balconys!!

You'll sleep well tonight knowing you are sleeping where Johnny Depp slept!!

Happy Happy Birthday to you!

oh...and I am SUPER JEALOUS!::yes::

bethclayton-- What an unbelievable Birthday present to you!!pixiedust: Enjoy every second--- I don't know how in the world you will sleep tonight!!!

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!:cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!