• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have your kids ever embarrassed you at Disney?

Bellefan76

Chewie, we're home
I'll go first.

My DD was 6 and this was her first trip to WDW. My DD was and is (she's 17 now), a smart-*** at her core.

She absolutely HAD to see Tinkerbell. She would not be dissuaded. Her and I wanted in line for 2 hours for Pixie Hollow.

If you had not experienced Pixie Hollow, they had a "shrinking tunnel" in which you would be made the size of a fairy.

My little ******* went through this tunnel never giving me an inkling that she wasn't buying it. She stomps into the greeting room, marches up to Tink, and hands on hips announces to the room that the tunnel was fake, no one shrank, and this was all a big lie. I couldn't get my hand over her mouth fast enough, she made a little 3 year old cry, and I could have cheerfully killed her.

11 years later and I will never forget it.

Anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's fake? Tell your daughter she claimed another disillusionment victim 11 years later. :)

One of my daughters (4 at the time) saw the huge pile of abondoned water bottles at TSA in MCO. She skampered under the folding tables and started sorting through the water bottles. The point man for TSA was not amused in the slightest and I was at a height disadvantage to follow her. I eventually convinced her to return but the absolutely serious TSA response suggested that I was facing a night in custody. I regretted saying she must be thirsty and smiling.

Last edited:
One of our daughters made an announcement at Akershus that the princesses were "creepy" looking. I had taken our youngest to the restroom and could hear her as we were walking back. I thought about making a quick run for it but figured I had to admit she was mine and went back to the table!! This is the same kid who could not get enough of the Grinch. She thought he was the coolest thing ever.(we did Universal the same trip) Another one of our little angels told our chef at Teppan Edo that his breath was stinky. Years ago(man I'm getting old)we took our oldest to Discovery Island. The boat took forever to pick us up when we were returning to the hotel. I'm not sure what the issue was but my dh was beginning to think we would be spending the night there. Well it arrived and our daughter informed the captain that he needed to buy a watch and he should be fired. We were very apologetic but I thought my husband was going to swim back to the hotel!

Not at Disney, but at a BBQ restaurant.

My DS wanted a BLT, but that wasn't on the menu.

He looks at the waitress after she tells him that they don't have that and says, "you have bread, right? You have bacon, lettuce and tomatoes, right? Then you can make me a BLT." The waitress said that she would make sure with the chef, but he was probably right.

We told our DS that he was probably also going to have the cook's spit in his sandwich. He was very proud when the waitress brought him what he wanted. We tipped her well.

Not at Disney, but at a BBQ restaurant.

My DS wanted a BLT, but that wasn't on the menu.

He looks at the waitress after she tells him that they don't have that and says, "you have bread, right? You have bacon, lettuce and tomatoes, right? Then you can make me a BLT." The waitress said that she would make sure with the chef, but he was probably right.

We told our DS that he was probably also going to have the cook's spit in his sandwich. He was very proud when the waitress brought him what he wanted. We tipped her well.
Reminds me of the scene at the diner in “Five Easy Pieces” between Jack Nicholson and the waitress, LOL.

Waiting outside at Hollywood and Vine for our ADR. Daughter was just turned 3 and a complete live wire. She’s standing on the bench beside me and is quite which is always a warning sign. I look at her and she’s licking the window!! I glance inside and there’s a family laughing at her! I made sure she sat on benches after that.

I'm sad to admit this: we are a family of 5 adults. Our last trip we were (don't kill me!) drinking around the world. Early December trip so all the festive stuff was out. It was getting late and my youngest DD and I stopped to buy some of the fun light up necklaces. The other 3 forged ahead to Germany (DH fave stop). We arrived wearing our new light-up necklaces and my oldest DD (a smidge tipsy) yells..."HEY where are my fun things!! I want some fun things too!" we did buy her a necklace as well but I wish I had recorded that "shout out".

I'm too lazy to rewrite it much, but I tell a story about that in one of my trip reports. The first time we visited Orlando, only middle daughter and I went to the parks because everyone else was a Disney skeptic and didn't think they'd have any fun there. Middle daughter -- Ballet Girl -- wanted to pin trade at Disney, so we decided to head over to Disney's Character Warehouse in the Orlando Premium Outlet and add to our meager stock. Her immediately older brother, SeaWorld Son, and her little sister Warrior Girl decided to come along, which seemed innocuous enough. :rolleyes1 The parking lot at the Outlet mall was packed, but there was plenty of parking -- shaded parking -- in the parking garage, which was free. :confused3

I'd forgotten my mall map, but I remembered the Disney store was near the food court, so we found it easily enough. Ballet Girl and I headed over to the pins and promptly found a Pirates of the Caribbean pin we both liked for a buck a pop. Score! We both picked out the same lanyard -- it was pink enough for her and purple enough for me -- and, since none of the other pins there particularly excited us, we picked up a couple of mystery bags each. So we ended up with two of everything. The cashier said, "Would you like two bags?" and Ballet Girl said, "Sure!"

Alas, I was not paying attention. The cashier divided everything evenly and gave one bag to Ballet Girl and offered the other to Warrior Girl. Despite her name, Warrior Girl had long been terrifed of costumed characters, and had also decided Disney equals costumed characters. Since she hates costumed characters, simple logic proved to her that she must hate Disney. :sad2: This despite her love of many a Disney flick. Plus she doesn't like Mickey Mouse, who was of course emblazoned across the bag. So she just crossed her arms and glared at the poor cashier.

Ballet Girl, who is the soul of tact, cheerfully said, "I'll carry it for her." I thought we'd gotten over that hurdle pretty neatly, but then the cashier offered the kids Mickey stickers, and this time Warrior Girl didn't just glare but loudly announced, "I hate that guy" (meaning Mickey -- fortunately, the clerk was female) and stalked away, which prompted SeaWorld Son into a declaration that "Sea World is way better than Disney" and would have sent him off into a rant on the subject if I hadn't given him the Glare of Death.

Ballet Girl, beaming over her loot and the unexpected gift of stickers, thanked the saleslady again and wished her good day, and I thanked her as well and muttered something apologetic. Then I slunk out of the store with Ballet Girl practically skipping at my side, telling me how great the Pirates pin was, SeaWorld Son muttering softly that "Sea World is still better, I dunno why Disney gets all the attention" and Warrior Girl whispering, "Disney is evil" kinda stuff to herself. I expect the saleslady predicted a wonderful time at Disney World for us. :p

The worst part is that we are not talking little kids, or even elementary age. Sea World Son was 16 at the time, and Warrior Girl 11! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter