Have You Stayed at Both... AKL & CSR?

JessiMommy

DIS Veteran
I need the advice of my DIS pals. My family and friends here in the real world think I over analyze everything related to my Disney trips! GASP! :rolleyes:

So as of right now we have a split stay booked. We are traveling Saturday, September 14 - Saturday, September 21 of this year. We start off for 4 nights at CSR and finish up with 3 nights at AKL. I'm wondering now if I really want the split stay. The cost difference is not the issue, checking out and back in again is not a big deal either. I'm worried now that my trip will somehow feel too quick with 2 shorter stays at each place instead of 1 longer one, if that makes any sense.

The original thought was to try out 2 resorts that are newer to us in 1 trip. However the more I think about it I think there is a bigger draw for us to stay at AKL. I don't really think CSR has anything to offer that AKL is lacking in. We stayed at CSR many years ago although only for a quick trip and we didn't really utilize the resort. We've never stayed at AKL. As I plan, I find myself pouring over AKL information but barely glancing at anything related to CSR. This trip we plan to spend a lot of afternoons in the pool.

For anyone who has stayed at both locations would you do the split stay or just do the entire stay at the lodge?? I feel so torn over what to do.... sigh.... :confused:

I need the advice of my DIS pals. My family and friends here in the real world think I over analyze everything related to my Disney trips! GASP! :rolleyes:

So as of right now we have a split stay booked. We are traveling Saturday, September 14 - Saturday, September 21 of this year. We start off for 4 nights at CSR and finish up with 3 nights at AKL. I'm wondering now if I really want the split stay. The cost difference is not the issue, checking out and back in again is not a big deal either. I'm worried now that my trip will somehow feel too quick with 2 shorter stays at each place instead of 1 longer one, if that makes any sense.

The original thought was to try out 2 resorts that are newer to us in 1 trip. However the more I think about it I think there is a bigger draw for us to stay at AKL. I don't really think CSR has anything to offer that AKL is lacking in. We stayed at CSR many years ago although only for a quick trip and we didn't really utilize the resort. We've never stayed at AKL. As I plan, I find myself pouring over AKL information but barely glancing at anything related to CSR. This trip we plan to spend a lot of afternoons in the pool.

For anyone who has stayed at both locations would you do the split stay or just do the entire stay at the lodge?? I feel so torn over what to do.... sigh.... :confused:

IMO ... Split stays are awesome. I really enjoy the moderates so much that even though we could stay all deluxe, we usually start with a mod and move to a deluxe for the latter half of our trip. CSR probably has the nicest pool of all the moderates. (Note: POR is my fav mod) I would probably suggest reversing your plan with 3 nights CSR and 4 AKL.

I would stay at AKL the whole time. I like both resorts, but I hate moving mid trip. I like to unpack and be settled in my room. There is so much to do at AKL you will be glad to have the extra time there.

I would stay at AKL the whole time. I like both resorts, but I hate moving mid trip. I like to unpack and be settled in my room. There is so much to do at AKL you will be glad to have the extra time there.

Ditto for us! You are exactly correct about feeling like its a shorter trip when we have split. AKL is the way to go here I would think.

Never imitated, never duplicated, AKL. ( I love splits, they enhance our trips by refreshing our surroundings, but I did not enjoy CSR.)

I love split stays! AKL is my fav hotel, favorite pool, favorite food court. BUT I really like CSR....for a few days (just because of the size of resort & I don't like food court)....I love CSR pool. I like the pool bar where you can order food and sit by the pool. I like the atmosphere of the resort also. I'd go for a split stay.

Oh no, such conflicting advice, lol! Everyone makes good points. Hmmm..... Maybe I need to make a pro's & con's list. :)

I don't mind the idea of a split stay, but we wouldn't do it for a 7 night trip. I think if you're going for 10-14 days trying two resorts would probably keep things fresh, but on a 7 day trip may just be a hassle.

If you are using the Disney buses to get around than CSR has a definate advantage there. If not then just stay where you want.

We've stayed at both. The only advantage we found to CR was walking to the MK. If you want lots of afternoons at the pool, I would do AKL. I think the pool there is much more relaxing.

I am biased because I don't like the idea of moving mid stay for only 7 days.

I think AKL buses are way better than CSR!! (If that is a decision making thing)

We do split stays quite a bit and have stayed at AKL and CSR, though not in the same trip. We did a split trip between VWL and CSR in May of this year, but I am not sure with only a week trip I'd do it again. Next year we are doing another split stay between YC CL and then AKL, but we're also staying 12 nights. If it were me, I'd do the whole trip at AKL. CSR is okay, but AKL is awesome. We love it there. Where else can you sit on your balcony and watch animals?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts