HAve you ever witnessed a crime?

That's not what you said.

You said (bolding mine)

You said the voters decided thefts of under 950 are not worth prosecuting which is completely false as I showed above. The voters decided thefts of under $950 are misdemeaners that can get up to 6 months in jail and a $1,000 fine.

As for getting the clerk fired, Chasing a shoplifter was grounds for getting fired 40 years ago long before the current standard for felony theft came into existence. The reason is they value YOU more than they value a couple hundred bucks worth of stuff. Not to mention a gunfight at the OK corral in front of customers tends to drive said customers away. And that is as it should be.

Again if a DA chooses not to do his job because he thinks it's too much of a bother or because he's more interested in running to the national news network with an anti California agenda for a sound bite, that is 100% the DA's fault and not the fault of the law. And again, California's current threshold for felony theft is on par with peer states. In fact 23 states have a standard of $1,000 which is pretty much the same as California's (actually $50 more lenient a standard for the shoplifter) 16 states have an even higher (more lenient on shop lifters) number than 1,000 and as of 2020, only 9 had a lower figure than does California for felony theft. And none of those states DAs seem to have a problem with doing their jobs.
I stand by my statement because that is what RETAILERS say.

When we were in Rome a few years ago, we were outside our Air B&B meeting the driver (female) of the car service we hired. We were all at the back of the van, and the driver was helping load our bags. We all felt something hit our heads and realized it was pennies someone had thrown up in the air (a common distraction, I later learned). In those couple of seconds, I happened to look toward the front of the van and see an older man reach into the passenger side of the van and steal the driver's cell phone and cash box. He locked eyes with me and then slipped into the crowd.

The poor driver was so distraught -- she spoke no English but was hysterically sobbing. She used my phone to call her boss. The sent another van and driver for us. I often wonder what happened to her. I think she was terrified she was going to be fired. We were on our way to board a cruise ship, and it was a disconcerting way to start the day for sure.

Possibly caught someone trying to shoplift a cartload of groceries. let me explain. I was at our local store several years ago. and a lady went in the bathroom with nothing and came out with a cart filled with food. I told a Starbucks employee she reported it to security. Was with my sister 2 different times when she called cops for kids being left in cars. I called once when I saw a baby not in a car seat the last 2 may not be actual crimes but were both bad. And I was with a friend when she shoplifted. thankfuly I wasn't near her at the time but she could of gotten me in deep deep doo doo.

Last edited:
I was a coin collector when I was a kid (still am) and one day an acquaintance offered me a one of the special five dollar bills that had been issued in Hawaii during World War II. I was not really collecting currency at the time, but it was really cool and I thought my Dad who was a World War II vet might like it also, so I bought it. It turned out to be stolen and I had to return it, of course and was even called as a witness during the trial of the acquaintance.

Shoplifting, selling drugs, assault, prostitution, police chase.

I was a witness in a car insurance claim. That is usually highway robbery, right? Lol

I saw a pedestrian get hit by a car and the driver speed off. Thankfully the pedestrian was OK and we were able to identify the car to the police.

Already posted in what I didn't realize was an old thread...
Two months is old? Slightly off topic, and I may have just noticed this, but when I tried to create a thread the DIS suggested similar threads I may want to respond to instead of creating a new post. Never noticed this before the last upgrade. So what some on the DIS refer to as Zombie threads are being encouraged now, just like most other message boards where they prefer not to have similar threads, and would rather have to respond to existing threads, no matter how old.

We had a police chase end on our street a few houses down from ours. The suspect’s car was surrounded and he got out of the car and shot at the police officers who shot back. Two police officers suffered minor injuries and the suspect was taken to the hospital and later arraigned.

Two months is old? Slightly off topic, and I may have just noticed this, but when I tried to create a thread the DIS suggested similar threads I may want to respond to instead of creating a new post. Never noticed this before the last upgrade. So what some on the DIS refer to as Zombie threads are being encouraged now, just like most other message boards where they prefer not to have similar threads, and would rather have to respond to existing threads, no matter how old.
I didn't mean old as a derogatory statement. It's just not a thread started today or yesterday or just last weekend as I had assumed. I typed a reply, sent it, then continued and came across my post which said the same thing 2 months ago, LOL.

That's one of the issues I have with all the forums I frequent being updated. Many threads don't take you to the new posts any more, it takes you to the first post even though you've already read the thread 2 months ago and now there's new recent posts. Happens to me all the time. Especially now that there's no choice of clicking the thread title or clicking the button for new post. The button disappeared and most forums now just take to to the new post, but not every time. Often it happens such as this where it takes you to the beginning of a thread that you've already read long time ago but you think it's new.

Back in the 70s, the Black Panthers came through our neighborhood and were randomly shooting at houses. They shot through our living room window and we all hit the floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter