HAve you ever witnessed a crime?

dez1978

DIS Veteran
Over the weekend I had to run to the store. As I was pulling out of the lot, I saw a man standing outside of another car pointing a gun into the other car. Not gonna lie, I freaked out for a second. The guy with the gun looked at me and then hopped in his car and both cars pulled out behind me, but ended up turning the opposite direction. I pulled into the Fire department down the road and called 911 to report it, but they were already on the phone with someone else regarding it. I did get a call back from an officer who said they'd identified both vehicles involved, but I've heard nothing else. We live in a small town where ppl are nosy as heck so I'm really surprised that I haven't seen anything on any of the FB pages about it. Nor was there anything on the news. It's really weirding me out to have thought I was going to see someone get shot, then the second where I wondered if he was following me, then to not know if anyone was arrested.

Have you ever witnessed a crime like that?

Oh my yes. A New Age Traveller (to be politically correct) came into the store I was in, loaded up with meat and then did a runner. The shop clerk gave chase and caught him. On a separate occasion, the SAME STORE was robbed at knife point, with me there again!

Oh my yes. A New Age Traveller (to be politically correct) came into the store I was in, loaded up with meat and then did a runner. The shop clerk gave chase and caught him.
That would get a clerk fired here. They just let shoplifters go here in California because the voters decided thefts of under $950 are not worth prosecuting.

Wow! That's scary. I've seen people shoplifting a couple of times in my life, but not anything like what you witnessed! I think you handled it perfectly....and glad you're okay!

Other than the guy with a dozen cartons of cigarettes scattering about the shopping plaza parking lot as I chased him down and tackled him at the top of the lot when I was a kid working the grocery store. That was fun, LOL. I wouldn't do it today (if I was a kid and could still run and give chase.)

Sure. I worked at a state park and went on ride alongs with the LEOs.

Actually once I went on a ride along with the one LEO and my boyfriend at the time (my DH) as he was a seasonal ranger. We walked onto a campsite because they were very obviously smoking pot and when they saw us, the one camper was reaching for something. The LEO ordered him to stop but in that tense nanosecond, then BF, now DH, stepped directly in front of me to protect me in case he was reaching for a firearm.

I'll never forget that.

I witnessed a violent crime when I was kid. Otherwise, I've only ever seen shoplifting and reckless driving. Oh and I've seen people on illegal substances many times at parties or concerts. I'm no snitch when it comes to drugs. I'll tell a store associate about shoplifting, though.

Not with a weapon but I have witnessed a HIT and RUN and I turned around in a parking lot to get behind the offender and get their license plate. Luckily I wasn't the only person to pursue the offender and they were caught within blocks of the accident. THANKFULLY. there were no bodily injuries. I gave my statement to the police. It made my day to do the right thing!

Shopping lifting at World of Disney. CM told me there was nothing they would do about it.

Defacing state property.

I see white collar crimes every week in my line of work.

I’ve been attending concerts since I was 15 and can’t recall one where people weren’t smoking weed. Funny that it’s legal now nearby (NJ), though I assume it’s illegal to smoke anything at a concert (or anywhere indoors).

Saw a guy get his wallet stolen at Miami airport. It happened so fast. I thought it was just friends goofing around but when the victim started looking around in a panic and started yelling I realized it was real.

I wonder how many times we have seen crimes and didn't even realize it.

I remember (a long time ago, like back in the 90s) we were traveling, and we were at an attraction/stop along the way, and there was an attempted robbery. Some guy zapped another guy with a stun gun and tried to take his wallet. It's like the whole thing was over and the "perp" took off before anybody realized what was going on.

Again, back in the 90's (I was on a bus looking out the window) and there was a man chasing a woman on foot in the median of the highway. I have no idea what was going on, but I do not think it was good. It was along I-57 in Chicago, it could have literally been anything going on. A couple of us looked at each other and were like OMG what the heck was that. The bus didn't even slow down. I have no idea what the outcome was.

I was taking my son home from the gym around midnight one night and we witnessed someone running out of a gas station and into a waiting car. The glass door of the gas station was shattered and we obviously knew he was robbing the place. We took chase after the car, followed him for about 10 miles while my son was on the phone with 911. They went into a very shadey neighborhood so we stopped and headed back to the gas station as 911 instructed. My son gave a description of the car, what he saw and the license plate #.

Many years ago I was in the bank when it was robbed. I was at the teller and a man walked behind me to the teller’s window next to mine. I thought to myself “He’s going to rob the bank”. I don’t know why I thought that other than having a sixth sense, I guess. Then, I thought “You watch too much television”. I felt strongly enough about it though, that I didn’t look at him. Well, he walked away and I noticed the teller step back and lean against the wall. Then, I was told what happened. The bank was locked and I could not leave. The FBI came and interviewed me, but I wasn’t much help. I really didn’t look at him.

I was getting cash for a Disney trip the next day. I was at work and was taking a quick break to get the money. Unfortunately, I had to call my co-workers to tell them I wouldn’t be back for a while. I was locked in the bank because it had been robbed. 😳

Nothing really serious-lots of retail theft because I worked in retail for a few years before I started freelancing my art. I worked at a record store in the early 90s, and I never saw so many people trying to take the five finger discount as I did at that place. People were *always* trying to walk out with cassettes, because my store didn't have them in plastic lock holders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter