have you ever had anything stolen from you?

I was mugged once when I was 25. They took my purse but as they were running away my wallet must have fallen out because someone found it about a block away and called the police. My purse was taken out of my desk at work the one day I forgot to lock it. The purse was found in a local park by a jogger. My wallet and cell phone were gone but everything else was in there.They charged over $1500 all over the area in about an hour and a half. My wallet was taken from my purse at another place I worked. there was a person who worked in several areas where wallets and sunglasses turned up missing. He was finally caught in a set up by security. Finally my house was broken into 2 years ago and all the took was my brand new 55" TV and dvd player. They trashed my room looking for things and broke open my fire box containing papers.

At my senior prom, someone went around and stole money from the purses at every single table. Some people were missing the entire purse. Why did they get away with it? Because the adults there had a list of people with library fees, and decided hunting us down over $0.25 was more important than watching everyone. When I told them to subtract the $1.00 from the $100 I had stolen, they threatened to withhold my diploma. My mom went the next morning, with choice words for the people in the office, and that was the end of that. lol

When I was in Jr. High one of the other girls would regularly steal lunch money from my purse whenever I went up to turn in my papers. She got caught by the teacher one day. Sucked to be her.

When I was younger a guy went from door to door in the high rise I worked opening all the doors and if there was no one in sight rifling through the drawers or coats and taking things. He got my wallet. The bad thing was I had taken a $500 set of sapphire earrings out of my ears earlier that day because they were bugging me and put them in my wallet. The REALLY bad thing was he got my train pass. I had no money and no way to get home. Luckily I sat on the same car every day on my way home so the conductor knew me and knew I had a pass PLUS my cousin's husband was the train engineer on the train I rode. They gave me a free ride every day until the new month started and I could afford buy a new ticket.

DH's and my first Christmas together I put all the christmas presents for DH's family in the car all wrapped up to mail the next day. Someone broke into the car and stole all the presents. Many of the presents included framed photos taken by the professional photographer from our wedding. I got the photos back as they were found by the police in a nearby ditch - but not the frames.

Last Christmas someone unplugged all our projection lights, pulled them out of the ground and stole them. We live on an acreage, aren't close to the street, so never expected that!
So, if you have projection lights, bolt them to plywood or something. That's what we'll do if we replace them.

The one thing that really hurt that was stolen was my wedding ring. I have a little porcelain chest of drawers on a shelf in the bathroom and I keep jewelry in it sometimes, the ring was stolen out of it. I now wear a cheap replacement that I bought at Target, back when they used to sell wedding rings.

In 1977 I had a beautiful pair of blue satin shorts( we didn't have as much money as everyone else in our town, so it was a big deal for me to have those shorts!). I took them for PE, knowing they would be safe in out wire baskets which had locks. Nope. Someone was able to pull them between the little holes of the basket. I thought I knew who did it but I could never prove it. Fast forward about 4/5 yrs and I left my jacket on a table at lunch. The same girl and her bunch of friends is sitting at the table. After I get my jacket I notice that my one of my awesome '80's unicorn pins was missing. There again, I couldn't prove it. Plus she was mean and there was NO WAY I was going to confront her :) All trivial compared to some of ya'll!

When I was in grad school my bike was stolen from the locked backyard of my apartment. My landlord who lived upstairs from me lost thousands in tools that same robbery.
I had $500 for Christmas money I saved from a bonus I received stolen. I was stupid and it was cash and it was lifted from my purse in Macy's herald square.
My house was broken into about eight years ago. All my jewelry (not that it was worth much mostly just sentimental) except my diamond studs and wedding set (I was wearing them) were taken as well as a laptop. They didn't take the presents under the tree though. Yeah it was a week before Christmas. Merry Christmas.

Mugged, house has been cleaned out , cars but the worse one I don't know why was my watch ( only a cheap swatch but I loved it ) from hospital whilst I was fighting for my life. I kept thinking how somebody must have lent over me on 5 drips and took it from the side... how low..

Very seldom if ever left my golf clubs in my car. One night I did & car got broken into. I loved those clubs played great with them. I only wish the person who took them gave them the round I never could.

I caught someone trying to pickpocket me once. It was in Madrid, and I was so shocked I couldn't come up with a sufficiently offensive response in Spanish before the light changed and I had to cross the street.

Sounds like you've had my sister over. HAHA. She used to steal from the family all the time. Then she'd try to lie when she got caught and either outright blame me or implicate me too.

Ugh...awful! It's too bad we can't pick our family! We suspect it was the druggie nephew but didn't have any proof. If I ever host a holiday again (unlikely), anything of value will be locked in the bedroom.

Someone stole my Columbia Aggie jacket at the ACM/Party for a Cause in Vegas this April :( I haven't been able to find the same jacket in any stores or online since.

I used the available college school parking lot when arriving early and there were spaces. One day I was late arriving so I used street parking. Came back from classes and NO CAR. In disbelief I walked around thinking I might have parked it elsewhere.....stupid me. Finally came to realization, called police to report and was totally disgusted. Less than a week later I got a phone call that I could PICK UP MY CAR at tow lot!!!! Front/rear windows cracked, front valence under bumper broken, touch-up paint I had in console splashed around interior, door lock broke as was ignition. Car was retrieved a few parking spots from where it was taken just for a JOY RIDE and VANDALISM.

Car was my pride and joy, a 1968 GT350 SHELBY....just like this > http://www.mustangspecs.com/carpics/68gt5008.jpg

Repaired it and had to sell it to pay for last years tuition.

When my parents split my sister and I were staying with my paternal grandparents about two hours away. My Dad would come out every weekend. When he came out for Christmas he stopped at a rest stop and someone stole our entire Christmas from the trunk of his car.

At around age eleven I came home from school and our front door was cracked open. When I went inside the hall closet was open and Mr. & Mrs. Santa that my grandmother had made were spilled out on their heads. Still it didn't hit me until I went into the kitchen and it was trashed. Upon further investigation all the drawers in the bedrooms had been tossed. What was weird was the stuff they took, a wrought iron rooster clock, stepmother's, father's Timex, things that weren't worth much. Meanwhile there was plenty of cash (stepmother was a cocktail waitress) and um...*not tobacco* in my Dad's nightstand untouched. My stepmom was always convinced it was the teen boys on the corner but thinking about it now, if it had been they would have taken those things.

My Diary of a Madman t-shirt. I'd always been convinced my mom tossed it but my sister admitted years later her best friend stole it. Same girl who stole my Cuts Like a Knife cassette. Same neighborhood, the stepmother of a friend stole my Journey concert tee then would wear it in front of me to taunt me. These were some bad, bad people so I never asked for it back. Once my Dad woke up to find that friend rifling through his nightstand.

My car was broken into. Stole my pull out deck and my bowling balls.

Had my wallet lifted in Wonder World when I was picking up some photos. I'd just cashed my paycheck.

A close family member used to regularly lift stuff when in my home. I don't think she thinks of it as stealing but that I can afford to replace it. Twisted I know. Now if she will be here I take all the prescription meds, my jewelry, purse and anything small I don't care to lose and lock them up in the Master Bedroom.

Cash from my purse when I had dropped my DD off to be watched while we went to a company dinner. That was fun, going to pay for our drinks and finding my wallet empty.

The biggest thing was my car. About 5 days later police called me because they found it. There were a few cigarette burns and I had to have the ignition repaired but I felt pretty lucky to get it back.

When I was growing up we had 5 pumpkins stolen my dad's house one year. I was more upset because we had gone to the pumpkin patch and picked them all out.

Back in college my husband's roommate stole his rubbermaid tupperware..guess he felt like he needed it more.

It wasn't technically mine but my mom's boyfriend from years ago stole our 50th Anniversary Wizard of Oz Collector's Edition VHS movie with special movie jacket..I'm still upset some 15 years later. He also stole Titantic (you know the 2 VHS tape version).

I had a garden flag stolen when I lived in a rental house.

My purse - had to cancel everything, get a new ID, etc. They bought a cell phone with my ID and charged over $400 in text messages on it. Got the number for the phone from T Mobile, gave it to the police and was told they didn't have the manpower to do anything about it. Had to fill out forms with the police report number etc so I wouldn't have to pay the bill for the phone charges.

On the good side, when I was in high school and had just started driving, I apparently set my wallet on the roof of my car as I was loading bags into the car, then drove off without retrieving it. Someone found it in the parking lot, called me, and drove it to my house. They politely declined any reward. To this day I try to never set anything on the roof of my car.

On my very first day of university I went to the second hand bookstore on campus to try buy one of my textbooks. All bags had to be left in cubbies outside. When I came out my bag was gone. There was nothing of value to anyone else in there - my phone which was bought for $30 from Kmart and had less than $10 of prepaid credit on it, a practice chanter (an instrument used by bagpipe players for practicing), my diary and my house keys. Unfortunately my diary had my home address written inside it so we had to get the locks changed. A couple of days later my mum got a call from someone saying that I had left my bag in the pool room at university. I wasn't even aware that the university HAD a pool room. So I ended up getting everything back, but it was still a pretty traumatic and expensive experience!

On my first trip to New York in 2014 my almost brand new iPhone was stolen by a pickpocket. It was in one of those wallet cases so my credit card and travel money card were also in it (and I thought my licence but that magically reappeared at the gates of Disneyland...seriously!). I originally thought it was in Times Square but I realised on our trip in September that it was likely at the stage door for If/Then on Broadway. That resulted in many, many tears but was fortunately covered by travel insurance. My bank was also great and got me a replacement card within a couple of days, although Australia Post was very difficult with getting me the money on my travel card.

I also had a few things stolen when I was a kid by one of my best friends who, as it turned out, was a bit of a kleptomaniac. I was most upset about the loss of one of my favourite Barbies, but my mum was more concerned with the expensive silver locket!

My youth.

Seriously though, a long time ago somebody stole the plastic pieces off the wheels of my car. I don't know when it happened really or how long they had been gone. I just know that one day I noticed those little plastic things were missing. I have no idea who took them, or why they would want them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter