Have you ever been surprised something made it to lost and found

I have been thrilled with Disney Lost and Found on two separate trips. On our very first trip, DD was just one year old... as we were leaving Fantasmic one night, her shoe was lost. I went to the guest services desk and asked if they thought there was any chance I might get the shoe back (being a foolish Mommy, I had only packed the one pair of shoes). The guest services rep assured me that they would find the shoe and gave me a card with the number for lost and found. He said to call in the morning... sure enough, I called the next morning and they had the shoe!!!

The following year our child "leash" and a princess crown disappeared from our stroller. I was certain they were stolen and didn't even check lost and found... until our last day... I remembered the luck I'd had with lost and found on our previous trip, so I called and sure enough, they had the leash... the crown wasn't there, of course, but I'm sure it made some other child's day. I was just happy to have gotten the leash back.

My husband realized he didn't have his wallet one night as we were walking down the hall to our room at BC. We had just walked back from Epcot. It was after the park had just closed. We called the front desk and they said they would report it to lost and found. A little while later we received a phone call to say they had found his wallet and since we were checking out in the morning agreed to bring it to the international walkway entrance of Epcot in the morning for my husband to pick up. When he went the wallet was there with everything in it. There was around $300 in cash not touched. This happened last June.

My children found a credit card at Typhoon lagoon. They had googles in the wave pool. They also turned in room keys, earrings, and sunglasses.

Oh, and I completely forgot about the entire drawer full of clothes that we left in the resort on our most recent trip... We got a postcard in the mail saying we left something in the room and to call a phone number to claim it. When DH called the number, he told the person that we weren't missing anything, but when she described the items, he recognized immediately a t-shirt from a local event that I chair and he knew they were our items... we didn't even realize we'd forgotten anything (can you tell I overpack?).

They immediately shipped the items to us at no charge - what hotel have you ever stayed at who shipped your forgotten items to you for free? That's customer service!!!!

Just one more... we had just left the Hoop De Doo Revue and a woman on our bus realized she had lost her cell phone... she was making a huge fuss over it, so everyone on the bus knew exactly what had happened. She was making quite a drama out of the whole endeavor and was even a bit obnoxious, but we all felt bad that she had lost her phone. Our bus made an unexpected stop at TTC where our driver hopped off for a moment... when he returned, he presented this woman with her missing cell phone... the entire bus cheered - mostly because he shut her up :), but also because, at that moment, we were truly experiencing the Disney Magic.

Since we returned from our trip this past summer I have been wondering if anyone else was really surprised something they lost ended up in lost and found. When we were in Ak last August my husband insisted that I go in EE with the older girls while he sat with ds. Well the pack mule (me) left him to oversee the stroller and bags and everything. He ended up walking away from my bag which had my cell phone, expensive camera and many other things. I thought for sure it was gone for good. He went to guest services who assured him that it would turn up and to check back before we left the park. I was very surprised when we left the park, stopped at guest services and my bag containing all of its items including a banana was there.

I wish! DS (3) left a Ben 10 action figure in his stroller when I took him to the restroom in DHS. We returned and he started pushing his stroller around, then got it in, then realized it was gone! He LOOOOVES Ben 10 and this was his current favorite figure (Heatblast). I had just purchased it at a nearby Walgreens and was felt so sad for him. :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:
Do you know that I spent HOURS looking for a replacement? I had to go to SIX Walgreens to find the darn thing!! He knows someone took it too because we checked the whole area around the stroller as soon as he sat down and realized it was gone, he kept asking "Why you don't find the boy who took my Heatblast and get it back?" :sad: Broke my heart!

My youngest son had his learners permit, two gift card ($75) and his universal ticket fall out of his wallet in Epcot last year. He was crushed. It was out last day at Disney so we never went to lost and found. Two days after we got home he had an envelope from Disney come in the mail with all of his lost items enclosed. I nearly cried!

A diamond that fell out of a ring!!

This was around 17 years ago. I was a nanny traveling with a family. They also invited the grandparents along. The grandma was on one of the now extinct rides in Epcot. I think is was around a 3 karat diamond. Well it fell off on the ride and she didn't notice till later that it was gone. She was so upset but she went back to Epcot late that evening and a cm had turned it into lost and found.

I was so impressed by that. :thumbsup2

I have 2 - Back in 1997 we were at EPCOT with our almost 1yo son. His shoe fell off while riding SSE. We could not find it and went to Lost & Found. They did not have it. We checked several more times before we came home but never got it back. A few weeks later it showed up in our mail box. I was thrilled because it was his first pair of shoes and I wanted to keep them.
In 2005 we were visiting with my niece and her 2 kids. She left her camera in a bathroom stall in the Land at EPCOT. We realized it almost immediately and looked but it was gone. Luckily someone had turned it in to the desk right outside those bathrooms, near Soarin. This was really a good thing because on that same trip, same niece had forgotten $500 cash in her car at the airport parking lot we flew out of and when we returned it was gone. She was thrilled not to have lost her camera too.

We lost a Pal Mickey at a Pirate and Princess party and he was at Lost and Found within a few days. When I was there picking him up a woman came in to look for her husband's sunglasses. They had three or four enormous bags each filled with 100s of pairs of sunglasses (all found on a single day - one of the most numerous items they get daily) so in that case it was a challenge for her just to locate them, but she persisted and found them in the masses of glasses.
I'm sure the Lost and Found cast members have many interesting stories to tell.

My daughter had bought a Jessie doll during our vacation and it didn't leave her sight. While we were at DTD, she had it in all of the pics I was taking. It wasn't until we were back in the resort room that Jessie could not be found. I looked through our camera pics, and sure enough, the pics from the Christmas Store show Jessie, but the pet store doesn't have Jessie at all! :confused: We called the Lost and Found at DTD and they HAD HER!! I couldnt believe it!! She was SO HAPPY and we knew it was HER Jessie because my Emily had written her name on the bottom of Jessies cowboot! :thumbsup2

1) I am constantly amazed at the honesty of people!
2) I have seen many cheap, expensive, typical and strange things turned in.
3) And, by total strangers!
4) I have seen
. . . old, frayed baseball caps
. . . strollers
. . . wallets (some with BIG BUCKS)
. . . cameras
. . . purses
. . . bags of souvenirs
. . . kids toys
. . . sunglasses

5) The strangest was a old lady who turned in a man's very thick wallet
. . . it had credit cards and pictures and cash
. . . the cash was over $1,000
. . . she said she took $20 for the effort
. . . she left her name and room number, just in case the guy complained
. . . the guy came by late that night and inquired about a lost wallet
. . . he read the note from the lady regarding the $20
. . . his reply was "ONLY $20?!?!".
. . . he put $100 in an envelope and addressed it to her room number
. . . he said she saved their vacation and deserved more than $20
. . . a voice-mail was left for her to pick up an envelope at her convenience
. . . the old lady went nuts when she came down and retrieved the envelope!

I was waiting for you to also write

4. I have seen..

.....children :lmao:

On our trip back in 2002 to the Poly, we found a postcard in our bedside table droor that was addressed by a little girl to her grandma with no stamp. I put a stamp on it and mailed it for her! Not sure how long it had been there but I'm sure that "grandma" was happy to receive it! :thumbsup2

On our last trip DS was 9 and we bought him a lanyard with a plastic sleave holder for his park pass and phone numbers (in case he got lost). He also put in there some other souvineirs - unused fast passes is all that comes to mind, but I know there were other paper-items in there that he was just devastated about when he lost the plastic sleave somewhere in EPCOT. I was very surprised when it was turned in to L&F because it really was worth zip - other than memories for a 9 y/o. He was so happy to get it back.

We lost a bag of stuff we had bought at Epcot (when friend's husband laid it down) and it did show up at Lost and Found a few days later. Everything was there except the kids autograph books which were also in the bag.

Why would someone steal kid's autograph books that had their names and addresses in the front? Boggles my mind.

The really bad part was that my friend's four yr old daughter's book was personalized with a lot of Happy Birthdays from the characters since she was celebrating her birthday.

We would have gladly traded every souviner in that bag that we got back for those autograph books. It broke all our hearts.

I was in Germany in Epcot in one of the stores when I realized that I couldn'y find my sunglasses. They are precription so I was really upset by it. I was sent to Der TeddyBear and was asked what they looked like.....they went in the back and came out with them!! I was SOOO relived!!

We were at Epcot and my DD realized she had lost her cell phone. We went to lost and found and filed a report. About an hour later my cell phone rings and the caller id says that it is my DD's phone calling. It is a CM at Test Track. Someone found the phone in one of the cars and turned it in to her. She opened the contacts and found a number for Dad and called it. We were about 5 minutes away and went and got the phone. So, although it never made it to lost and found, it did pass through 2 kind people, the first person who found it and the CM who figured she would try to find the owners of the phone.

My brother lost his wallet once. When they arrived at the park he noticed that he didn't have it and thought he had left it in the room. Later when they got back to the resort it wasn't there. He had reported it missing and was told not to worry that they always show up. Sure enough, after cancelling credit cards that he knew were in there, he was called and told that it was turned in. And he was also amazed that all of the cash that he had in it was still there. So nice of whoever turns in those wallets with everything still there!

It never made it to lost and found but we have a funny story. My DD was 8 months old and we were walking through MK right before the fireworks during EASTER week and she lost one of her shoes. Of course we did not realize it until we got to our viewing point, and DH decided to retrace our steps just to see if he could find it. I told him not to bother, but he went anyway (we had come all the way from the Aladdin ride to Monster's Inc area). He came back right away and said that he ran into someone on Main street holding the shoe! Most of you know how bad Easter Week crowds can be and it was weird that he happened to just run into the person who found our shoe!

Not the same as reporting it to lost and found, but it's a good story:)

I have 3 kids ... I know all about lost shoes!!!

We lost a caricature in a brown mailing tube. We left it on the bus and we knew as soon as the bus pulled away that it was still there. We went straight to the concierge desk at the Poly to report but we never saw it again.:sad:

I was very suprised my sons wallet was turned it without the $80 that was in it. I was very suprised someone had turned an empty childs wallet in with nothing in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter