Have an ADR for Marrakesh. Now can someone tell me about this restaurant?

Princess Amy

Nurse by day. Disney Princess by night.
:cheer2:I really wanted to try Marrakesh on our upcoming trip since we really enjoyed their counter service last time. So I ended up booking an ADR. But it seems I cannot find any info out there on this restaurant. Anyone have any opinions, pictures, reports on if Marrakesh is any good? More importantly, did I make the right decision.:confused3

I have an old TR somewhere that I am pretty sure has pics from RM, if it doesn't I will repost the picture here, i really loved this restaurant. I had the beef couscous and it was amazing! It was soooo good, super tender beef and the couscous was great! There were tons of different flavors going on but they all blend together. The entertainment is fun with the bellydancing and what not. This is also some of the best service we had. The servers were super attentive. The dessert we chose was the bastilla, now this was super yummy!!! Really if you can't tell, we really liked it, probably one of our best meals in WDW that trip, and the one we were most hmmm about. You don't hear alot about it, which is part of the reason we wanted to go and check it out.

If you've dined at Marrakesh and were on the DDP with a tween who would rather have a kid's meal than one of the adult entrees, did your server allow you to use your child's adult credit to get a kid's meal?

I know that each dining circumstance can vary depending upon the server, but I'm trying to get a flavor (no pun intended) of how flexible Marrakesh is with allowing a tween on the DDP to order an entree and dessert from the kid's menu with an adult credit.

Also booked RM for upcoming trip based on how much we enjoyed the counter service last time around. Would love to hear more reviews and recommendations. Are there any dishes on the menu that is not included on the DDP? We went with deluxe dining.

I was excited to try RM on our last trip. On Day 1 we met a lovely young lady out near the enttance of Morrocco Pavilion who engaged us in conversation Re: RM and washed our hands with Rose water:goodvibes and we were very excited about our upcoming lunch reservation about 6 days later.
We are very adventurous diners and were looking forward to a new experience.:woohoo:
When we arrived for lunch, they checked our ressie, seated us, and nobody came to speak to us for about 7 minutes. :confused: We were about ready to leave when someone finally came. Not a good start.

While the belly dancing was interesting, it was not worth tolerating the food which was edible but not very good. The Jasmina salad was a basic salad with iceberg lettuce, we got the feast for two because we wanted to taste everything, and nothing was remarkable except the baklava dessert.

After having seen the pictures of food from Tangierine Cafe, I am looking forward to dining there next October, but my DH refuses- he'll get fish & chips before trying Morroccan cuisine again.

I happen to love couscous, felafel, lentils, hummus, etc and will try anything once, but I will not go back to RM again... :confused3JMHO...
It's not for me...

the beef filet kabobs are good :thumbsup2

still I think that if you didn't have ddp, tangeriene cafe is a better bet

We went about 10 years ago and the food was good. DH really liked it and the Belly Dancers. I thought it was okay. We are taking kids this time and skipping this restaurant because I am not sure how entertaining it would be for them and DH is a little sad.

Oct. 2009 -- had a wonderful lunch. All of the food was delicious. I really liked the seafood bastilla appetizer, the mint iced tea, and the mint ice cream dessert with fruit. The live performance music was enchanting... and the belly dancer was fun to watch too. Service was among the best of all our meals (maybe 30 between 2 trips). And the chef/waiter was very accomodating for our son's food allergy - basically cooked him anything and everything he wanted.

The belly dancer invited children to dance on the floor. A brother and sister belly danced with her on the dance floor... they were about age 9 to 11.... they enjoyed the experience! The belly dancer also came to the tables while dancing and posed for pictures.

Wonderful meal and experience... I want to go again!

I think we must have done the meal for two also. It was good, but we won't go back for a while either. We were a little overstimulated by the music and dancing. Our DD was 7 mo at the time. We won't go back until she can appreciate it more.

Tangerine is good. I think they have schwarma. But hot if you have to eat outside in summer (which we did).

We ate dinner there last week. The food was very good, 3 of us had the steak kebobs with rice pilaf in place of the hummus, the other had chicken kebobs. The bread is very good and so was the lentil soup. Our servers were very friendly and willing to chat about the part of Morocco they were from. The music and belly dancing were a nice addition. It can be a bit loud in there though with all the tile.

We enjoyed our meal here alot. We were seated right next to the belly dancer, right next too. Dd went up and danced with her, it was fun for her. Dh had the Mediterranean Seafood Platter - shrimp ragout, broiled salmon, and seafood bastilla $36.95. He paid like an extra $4 or something small like that for it. Because of the bastilla was like an appetizer. He loved it!

I have the vegetable couscous, it was good. I ate most of it. Nothing outstanding but it was good. Dd had the pasta with no sauce. The only odd thing was none of us really liked our desserts. Dh did the sampler and I did the bastilla.

We would go back again. I know Dh really liked his meal and said it was a new place we had to go to more often. We were forcing ourselves to eat at all new places for free dining last August. I know this place is often over looked but it was good. Our service was quick and the food came out quite quickly.

It is one of my husband's favorite places. We generally go more at lunch than dinner (we generally don't have the dining plan) and prefer the lunch to dinner choices. Our favorite things are the appetizers- the beef brewat is amazing and the chicken bastilla is good also. We enjoyed the food so much that we bought the cookbook so I could make the beef berwat's at home- which is one of the favorite meals in the house. I did not care for the lamb leg that I got last time we were there but not because it wasn't well cooked- I just didn't care for the flavors as much as other dishes- the beef skewers are a favorite of ours as an entree- although I am always happy to just order apps for a meal. Desserts seem to be hit and miss- they change from time to time and I think there was an ice cream one with a pastery that we liked best (bastilla dough pastry so different than what you think of).

Thanks for the replies! We are running out of restaurants to try for the first time and RM was one of the few on the list. We are excited to try it.

:thumbsup2 Went there for the first time in 10/2009 - enjoyed the food - DD had lamb and I had couscous - the decor was beautiful and the music and belly dancing enjoyable....(not too loud for us).

The server was so nice he deducted $10.00 off the meal because he said we didn't finish all of it - I'm not sure if that was true or he was just flirting with DD who is 27 - :laughing: at any rate - I will definitely eat there again....

just wanted to add we had an amazing meal there are just loved there coffee, it had orange water in it, it was amazing, we used several snack credits on that cofee as its the same at the CS, well worth trying...
Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter