Haunted Mansion

I am just leaving the theater now and I loved it. I saw it with 6 other Disney adults and we all really enjoyed it. I loved all the nods to the ride and that it incorporated both Florida and California. I thought the story was good, I liked the characters and the plot. I want to see it again. The only thing that disappointed me was there was no tag at the end of the movie, I thought there was a pretty obvious one they could have included that was missing. My nephew and I both left the theater wanting to hop in her car and just drive straight to Anaheim!

We just saw it tonight and it was so great. I was laughing so hard, I had missed that Danny Devito was going to be in it and he was hilarious. Can't wait for our September trip!

I like that it wasn't a recreation of the original Haunted Mansion movie, but told a bit of a different story. We love the one with Eddie Murphy in it, and this one was equally good in our minds.

All of these rave reviews are getting me excited to see it now!! But I promised my twins I'd wait until they got back from the Taylor Swift concert 😊

Our first experience with the overlay was this past Christmas. We liked it, don't get me wrong, and it was great to see something new. But I'll be honest and add that I kinda missed the original. I'm excited to see the movie!

I didn't like it at all. Found it kind of long and boring. The main 3 ghosts were in it for a second. Very disappointing. Hopefully the show white reboot will be good

All of these rave reviews are getting me excited to see it now!! But I promised my twins I'd wait until they got back from the Taylor Swift concert 😊
I wasn't planning to see the new movie, but I might now since people seem to really like it.

Wow! I can't believe your twins got Taylor Swift tickets! How exciting.

I wasn't planning to see the new movie, but I might now since people seem to really like it.

Wow! I can't believe your twins got Taylor Swift tickets! How exciting.
Same here! We're going to see it Wed.

Yeah! They both went online to try for tickets and got lucky!

Attachments

• tay twins tay concert.jpg
    tay twins tay concert.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 14
  • tay twins levi.jpeg
    tay twins levi.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 14
We liked the movie too! It was cute, and had a lot of little moments based on the ride that I enjoyed.

Saw the movies

Its well acted but the end act is pretty generic, If you don't have AMC alist or a discount day. I'd just wait to see it on Disney Plus.

Once again no bad but there are other movies to see

Saw the movies

Its well acted but the end act is pretty generic, If you don't have AMC alist or a discount day. I'd just wait to see it on Disney Plus.

Once again no bad but there are other movies to see
I was the first one of our friend group to see it. I told the others, not a movie to go to the theatre for. You can wait till it is on Disney +.

I think it might be better, if you have a group of die hard Disney fans, who know the ride through and through. I can picture an evening with wine and popcorn, watching the movie, have a bingo card or do shots when you recognize something from the ride first. To shout "portrait X spotted!" and then pause to double check each detail.

I was the first one of our friend group to see it. I told the others, not a movie to go to the theatre for. You can wait till it is on Disney +.

I think it might be better, if you have a group of die hard Disney fans, who know the ride through and through. I can picture an evening with wine and popcorn, watching the movie, have a bingo card or do shots when you recognize something from the ride first. To shout "portrait X spotted!" and then pause to double check each detail.
I think the movie has some fun idea's but like many movies now...they seem not to know how to end them without doing something we've seen 1,000 times before.

I bet most Disney fans will enjoy it but with it being on Disney plus in like 90 days....if you can wait then enjoy it then

I think the movie has some fun idea's but like many movies now...they seem not to know how to end them without doing something we've seen 1,000 times before.
After so many years of storytelling it is hard to be completely original. But I get what you mean.

What I would have liked (although also not very original) the movie to be: no modern ghost hunters, just focus on "how did 999 ghosts end up in this house?" That should be interesting enough to make a movie out of it. Some ghosts can be scary, somecan be funny. Think Stardust.

I thought how they did it now was a little sloppy Gracey did a year of seances and all of a sudden all the ghosts from Crump manor came over and settled there? This could be improved, didnt make much sense to me.
And also, so many backstories, first Ben, then the mansion, Gabbie & Travis and we are almost at the end we get Crump's story thrown into the mix (plus some random remarks about Kent, Bruce and Harriet's backstories).

I would focus on the Mansion in the 1800s(?) and tie in a little better Crump's background.

End with the house being overrun by ghosts. Black-out, cut to a title card with 'the present', and while a voice over says "There are 999 ghosts, but there is room for one more," we see a modern person standing in the door opening with the 'sold'-sign. Credits.

If the movie performs well, you can go sequel with ghosthunters. If it doesn't do well, people have a complete story or can make up what happens to the modern person.

After so many years of storytelling it is hard to be completely original. But I get what you mean.

What I would have liked (although also not very original) the movie to be: no modern ghost hunters, just focus on "how did 999 ghosts end up in this house?" That should be interesting enough to make a movie out of it. Some ghosts can be scary, somecan be funny. Think Stardust.

I thought how they did it now was a little sloppy Gracey did a year of seances and all of a sudden all the ghosts from Crump manor came over and settled there? This could be improved, didnt make much sense to me.
And also, so many backstories, first Ben, then the mansion, Gabbie & Travis and we are almost at the end we get Crump's story thrown into the mix (plus some random remarks about Kent, Bruce and Harriet's backstories).

I would focus on the Mansion in the 1800s(?) and tie in a little better Crump's background.

End with the house being overrun by ghosts. Black-out, cut to a title card with 'the present', and while a voice over says "There are 999 ghosts, but there is room for one more," we see a modern person standing in the door opening with the 'sold'-sign. Credits.

If the movie performs well, you can go sequel with ghosthunters. If it doesn't do well, people have a complete story or can make up what happens to the modern person.
I would mark your whole comment as a SPOILER so you dont spoil the movie to those that haven't seen it.

Sure, but then that's why it will fail at the box office

If you have a great set up which they did but no real payoff, it kinda makes the movie more forgettable. I mean you have Ghosts and can do what ever you want and they choose....something Chat GPT could write.

I think the idea's they had were pretty good even the twist on some characters you think might be doing it and aren't but in the end they just just can't stick the landing, it reminds me of the Muppet HM special as well, great set up and fun first half then has noooo idea how to end it so just does generic stuff.

We saw the movie yesterday. Twins (20), dh and I all thought it was great! I enjoyed it much more than I expected to from the trailer. It was funny, spooky, sad, happy, and overall very entertaining!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter