Haunted Mansion NBC Overlay Closure 2016

PunkPrincess

Keyblade Wielder
Hey I just wanted to know for planning purposes when the HM will be going down for its yearly Halloween transformation.

I don't want to go only to find out that one of my favorite rides is unridable!!!! Last year it closed only on my last day and I was the absolute last one on the night before (I think. If you were there I was the weird girl with the beanie and the t-shirt shivering because I misunderstood how cold SoCal nights are! Its kinda like a desert)

Anyway I felt August may have been a little early for that but I was surprised. Does anyone know? is it the same? or is it different each year?

I'm also eager to find out when it's going down for the NBC overlay because I'll be at DL the last week of August. I hope they hold out and not close the HM until after the 60th Celebration is over.

I'm also eager to find out when it's going down for the NBC overlay because I'll be at DL the last week of August. I hope they hold out and not close the HM until after the 60th Celebration is over.

Same! hey we may bump into eachother! :P I'm kinda easy to find.

oooo n
Looking at historic closure data (e.g., http://www.disboards.com/threads/historical-dlr-park-hours-entertainment-and-refurbs.2291124/):

2015: August 24-September 10
2014: August 25-September 11
2013: August 26-September 12
2012: August 27-September 13
2011: August 29-September 15
2010: August 30-September 16

So ... I would consider any date in 2016 on or after August 23 to be risky ... but not certain.
ooo no good! It's going down each year! Perhaps the 14th is a better week to go but since I'm not working I only need to worry about going when I can gather enough saved money for the plane ticks (from what people owe me)

I hope they hold out and not close the HM until after the 60th Celebration is over.

If they are planning Halloween parties and decorations and the HM overlay as usual, then it is extremely unlikely they would or could wait so long to close HM. Last year Halloween season began on September 11. HM closed for the overlay on August 24. This suggests to me that they like to allow at least 2 weeks to get the overlay installed. The 60th celebration is scheduled to go through September 5. I'm pretty sure HM will go down before that date.

If Halloween season doesn't begin until Sept. 16 this year, then I would expect HM to go down on Aug. 29. If they need an extended period closure for any reason though or if Halloween season starts as early as Sept. 9 (gosh that would be early), then I would expect Aug. 22.

I don't think that they would delay Halloween just to keep one ride open for the last 10 days or so of a 15 month event that will be winding down. The real questions are, will the hat box ghost be part of the overlay this year or hidden, will there be a longer HM refurb when the overlay is removed in Jan, and will Ghost Galaxy go up on SM after Labor Day this year.

I don't think that they would delay Halloween just to keep one ride open for the last 10 days or so of a 15 month event that will be winding down. The real questions are, will the hat box ghost be part of the overlay this year or hidden, will there be a longer HM refurb when the overlay is removed in Jan, and will Ghost Galaxy go up on SM after Labor Day this year.
Are they doing that this year? what with all the Star Wars?

Totally with you as Haunted Mansion is both my and my DD's favorite ride. We're planning for next year but end of August and also don't wsnt to miss it. Wonder why they wait so long to announce it?

Totally with you as Haunted Mansion is both my and my DD's favorite ride. We're planning for next year but end of August and also don't wsnt to miss it. Wonder why they wait so long to announce it?
This may sound like a silly question and I probably missed it but I'm curious and would like to know but what does DD DH DS all that stand for? Are we supposed to not name people? My best guess is Dear Daughter Dear Husband Dear Son.

Yes HM is KEY to my Disney experience! Well at least there would be a big gap without it! Kinda like missing Pirates, Small World, or any of the Mountains.

Based on the historical data I would say 26th of August to 13th September. Just my educated guess. Seems they like to close it on a Monday and open on the 2nd Thursday. =)

My dates were picked specifically with HM in mind. My last 3 trips were with the overlay so I refused to miss it again in its original state.

My kids first trip was during overlay, so I wanted to do normal, even if it meant going during hot June with Grad nites. They kept asking where Jack was lol. So next trip will be during November.

My kids first trip was during overlay, so I wanted to do normal, even if it meant going during hot June with Grad nites. They kept asking where Jack was lol. So next trip will be during November.

My son refused to go on it after the first day because he found the NBC song so annoying. I'm hoping "Grim, Grinning Ghosts" will not annoy him as much.

My son refused to go on it after the first day because he found the NBC song so annoying. I'm hoping "Grim, Grinning Ghosts" will not annoy him as much.
The sound of the singing flowers, mostly the moving mechanics has become really grating to me. Especially if the ride stops there. I'll do it once or twice per season, just to see the changes. But for the 7 months of the classic ride I probably go 15-20 times per year. Especially now that it has FP.

The sound of the singing flowers, mostly the moving mechanics has become really grating to me. Especially if the ride stops there. I'll do it once or twice per season, just to see the changes. But for the 7 months of the classic ride I probably go 15-20 times per year. Especially now that it has FP.

And a really cool distribution of it too, When else can you get something from a grave monument

This may sound like a silly question and I probably missed it but I'm curious and would like to know but what does DD DH DS all that stand for? Are we supposed to not name people? My best guess is Dear Daughter Dear Husband Dear Son...

Bingo! The abbreviations are easier and usually shorter for most people to type. You can name people if you'd like, but then, if the thread becomes long, you have to keep explaining who the names refer to. Many people are concerned about anonymity and privacy issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter