Has your opinon changed on tattoos ? do you have any ?

DW and I got a tattoo this past January. I also have another that I'm particularly proud of, (done myself in the 70's) ours are a infinity cross, her's just the cross, mine with the wording, "your fight is my fight" After 2 bouts of breast cancer and a tumor removed from DW bladder that was blocking a kidney, we said WTH, we are both 60+ and don't really care what other opinions are. Now that said, I think face tattoo are stupid, as a business owner, I probably won't hire someone with tattoos all over their face or someone with a bunch of face piercings. DW and I laugh at these people we see with a nose ring, I tell her, "well they must have trouble with rooting" DW wants to know "What?" I tell her, "when we were on the farm, when pigs rooted under the fence, we used to put rings in their nose to keep them from rooting under the fence!" I don't see the point in piercings. JMHO!

I got my first tattoo at 14, and my second one at 15.... One is gone, and the other one is terrible lol
Since then, I've gotten about... 4 more and wish I had more. My wish is to have 2 full sleeves done, but who knows if that will ever happen - Damn things are expensive, even with having friends in the industry!

I do not care for the look of tattoos, nor have I ever liked the look of them, but the only bodies I care about are my own, my husband’s (he HATES the look of them and I am sure will never get one), and my children’s. Our children will obviously be able to make their own choices for their own bodies when they turn 18, but we hope they will refrain, at least until they are mature enough to know that their choices will be largely permanent and shouldn’t be taken lightly.

Personally I do not like the look of tattoos, so I wouldn’t get one. But it’s not my place to make decisions for someone else. Everyone has the right to tat or not to tat, as they wish.

I like well done tattoos that have been thought out and done by a skilled artist.

I think some people were not thinking very hard when they got their tattoos. Especially those on their face. Because while people are becoming more accepting of tattoos in general, there are a lot of people who are not. When you do something like that, you have to really think through the consequences and accept that it may make your life more difficult.

I personally have 2 tattoos and want 2 more.

Currently I have (one on each shoulder blade):
1) A celtic style cross with a rose at the bottom of it and a sword that is plunging into the rose. This is a piece that reminds me of my love of fantasy and writing.

2) A tree of life that is done in celtic knots with 4 shooting stars. The stars are for my grandma, my mom, my dad, and my writing partner who have all passed away over the years.

I want:
1) At the base of the back of my neck, the old Epcot symbol. It would blend it well with my other two pieces and isn't "in your face" Disney.

2) Somewhere I want "Some things must be believed to be seen". It was a quote from some of the work my writing partner and I did before she passed away.

I think they look terrible and always have. I think you're not very bright if you're completely covered in tattoos and piercings and complain that no one will hire you. I don't judge though, to each his own. Plenty of friends are covered in tats. They are no different today than they were back in the day before the tats.

I was watching a comedian that had my rolling. Neck and face completely covered in tattoos. He talked about how he walked down to the corner store every day and got a Mountain Dew. He said he would walk in and everyone would call out "Hey, Mountain Dew man is here!" like Norm Peterson on Cheers. He pointed to his face and asked, "How much Mountain Dew do you think I need to drink to be called Mountain Dew man and not Face Tattoo man?" Need to look up more from this guy. Can't judge a book by it's cover. He's a comedian in a time where all comedy anymore is just F-bombing and he's featured on the clean comedy channel on Youtube (Dry Bar Comedy I think.)

I first thought about getting one, going back to early 1990. Didn't get my first one until 2016 on my 45th Birthday. It was about a month before out DL trip, I got Steamboat Willie. About a year ago, I jumped on a Friday the 13th deal, and got an outline of the Batman logo. Kind of regretted that for a while, until I paid to complete it. Both are on my arm/shoulders. I might get more, I might not.

I have one, no regrets. I kind of wish it was somewhere I could see it, I forget about it. :) I really want more but haven't been able to come up with a drawing yet.
DH will never get one, no matter how much I beg, no needles for him.

I don’t have any and won’t get one. Little needle type things sticking me with ink just isn’t on my bucket list. But, I have no issue with them and find many very interesting

My kids all have them. ODS has 3. YDS has 3 or 4 and Dd has one. All meaningful to them and all covered easily. SIL has most of a sleeve but each part of it is something about his family. I like those. He has some others that look cheaply done but hey, his body.

I used to think they were only for hooligans. Now I understand the appeal, but I still think they look beat in moderation. Full sleeves? No. Face tattoos? Only if you never want to get a job.

But I would still get one. There's been one I've been thinking about for years and years:

hearttattoo.jpg

In my younger days I pondered getting a small lady bug in a decrete area. Glad now I didn’t. Just a personal taste but I think tats on lower arms and necks not so pretty especially on women. Just a personal taste. A friend has many all over and I do not judge her. Though tats on necks in our area is kind of a gang symbol.

I do not care for tattoos at all. Especially face/head/neck tattoos. I wonder how a person would get a "normal" job if covered with them. DH hates them. Our FDIL got one this weekend and I'm not sure if that will change that or not.

No, my opinion hasn't changed on tattoos. My daughter has a couple small ones, as does my oldest granddaughter. Son has a couple, and son-in-law has two as well. They are all in areas that are or can be covered if necessary. Those kind I don't mind at all. Now if a person's body is mostly, or completely (that I can see anyway) covered in them, I don't see that as attractive but really none of my business.

I would love to have a small tattoo, but I take Coumadin (lifer) so isn't possible unless I stop taking it for several days and I'll only stop it when a doctor tells me to for a procedure/surgery. A tattoo isn't important enough to me to stop taking it.

No and no. I still think they're ugly.

I like that on this thread so many people have pointed out that it's not a moral issue to consider them ugly, it's aesthetic. I know lots of great people with ugly tattoos.

Has your opinion changed on tattoos?
Yes - if you'd asked me when I was young and knew everything, I would have said they were horrible. But over the years, I've seen several small ones that I thought were really pretty. I still find face tattoos or full sleeves very distracting, but I'm way more open-minded about them now.

Do you have any?
No. I've never particularly wanted one...and even if I did, I probably couldn't get one. (I have a low platelet count, so my guess is I'd be considered too risky.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter