Has disney ever done anything special for you when checking in?

mishtb

Mouseketeer
For those past disney brides/ disneymooners when you checked into your hotel did any one at disney do/ give anything special to you? For example leave rose petals on your bed......etc....

I'm wondering the same thing. Is there an extra service you can request and pay for extras? - like bed turn-down/rose petals in bed, candles, etc.. If anyone can give any info, I would appreciate it. I guess it may depend where you stay. ;)

I think if you are staying concierge you can request just about anything and they will make it happen. As for in the other resorts I'm not sure.

crissy

mishtb said:
For those past disney brides/ disneymooners when you checked into your hotel did any one at disney do/ give anything special to you? For example leave rose petals on your bed......etc....

I think you mean...as a gift, so to speak? We did get a free upgrade to concierge at the Boardwalk hotel. Of course, I think the lady at the front desk felt sorry for us. We rode Amtrak from DC to Orlando and due to a ton of problems, the train was 13 1/2 hours late getting in. So instead of an early morning arrival, we arrived after 1 in the morning. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=9949249#post9949249

We hadn't notified (or even thought to notify) anyone at Disney that it was our honeymoon. We were finally checking into the Poly when it came time to sign the back of our resort IDs. My DW started to put her maiden name on the back. I replied, "Uh, dear .... that isn't your name anymore!" She laughed and the CM checking us in congratulated us. That night we came back to the room and were very pleasantly surprised to find a bottle of Champaigne on ice and vase of roses from Wally, the GM of the Poly (If I were at home I would add his full name as we kept the note from him).

As a completely personal note, I always wonder about people who go in "expecting" for something special to be done for them. If you expect something, you're probably going to wind up being disappointed. On the other hand -- if you go in with no expectations, then any little "perk" is truly a wonderful gift.

Servants of Evan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter