Has anyone's daughter been picked to be the special Cinderella yet?

I know they have an age range for princess on floats. I would think this is the same range. I once knew the age range but I can't remember it. I do know that my 3 year old is still too young.

Just a hunch, but I've seen CMs go up to people and ask about doing special things, and I think there are some things they are looking for, including a little girl between 5-9 (just in that size/age range from a glance) in a group that is soaking up the magic as they enter the park in the morning, without another girl in the same range with her.

So often I read about the families that get picked to be grand marshals and it happens to folks smiling and enjoying just being at the MK, not racing to be the first in line with a character on Main Street, or running to get to Space Mountain first, or generally frowning, fussing, or arguing as they pass by.

I know the parade family is approached in the first hour the park is open, on Main Street, and I'd bet that's the case for the lucky little princess, too.

Here's hoping a DISer gets to enjoy and come back and report!

Awwww, how lovely!

Our close encounter with Cinderella came when my then 2yo son had a black eye. We saw "Cindy" in the castle and she held him and made over him for ten minutes. Right in front of my Cinderella lovin' 4 yo DD. And she loved it. She got to see her too, but it was bro getting all the kisses! No problem.

Learned this in my teacher training...
"Fair" isn't everyone getting the same thing. "Fair" is everyone getting what they need.

Anything else is a lucky bonus - but still fair. :cheer2:

Day 12....:)

I tried searching for stories from newspapers and the only one I found was the previous one listed. I thought maybe if someone locally got picked the Fl newspapers would have some sort of coverage.

In my one paper town , you have to either hate George Bush or get shot by a drug dealer to be in the paper......a little girl being lucky enough to be picked to ride in a parade at Disney wouldn't have a chance.....I don't even thing the neighborhood paper would cover it.......

"Fair" isn't everyone getting the same thing. "Fair" is everyone getting what they need.

And a truer statement was never quoted....... :wizard:

I was just there last week and didn't hear about this until I checked the boards when I got home on Sunday! My dd wouldn't do it if she were picked unless I went with her (she's 4). The prince picked her to lead our section for Festival of the Lion King. She's normally not shy AT ALL, but she ran away. Performance anxiety I guess! :earseek:

I think I would be more excited then my DD. It sure would be magical though.

Well said!!!

But, oh my goodness, I know I would be crying, I'd be so happy for my daughter.

LakeAriel said:

I LOVE this!!

SeaShelley said:
I LOVE this!!

I can't take credit for this, WHOSEMOM posted it. I also heard it teaching and quoted her and agreed on here. I'll never forget it, it is so true and helps prevent the "guilts" with your own children. Everyone is different.

Yes, many schools use that philosophy - especially when dealing with children with special needs.

"Fair isn't always equal!" :earsgirl:

LakeAriel said:

And a truer statement was never quoted....... :wizard:

heyyyy I learned that in my teacher training too! And I used it ALL the time as a teacher, and allllllllllllllllllllll the time as a parent, too! I think it's one of those standard teacher things like "don't smile until Christmas," :rotfl:

kpk89 said:
heyyyy I learned that in my teacher training too! And I used it ALL the time as a teacher, and allllllllllllllllllllll the time as a parent, too! I think it's one of those standard teacher things like "don't smile until Christmas," :rotfl:

An old favorite (taken with a grain of salt ):
"Be a witch 'til Halloween!"

I know this is veering off topic a little as many are waiting for a DISer to report....but I just wanted to say that as an adult twin myself, I see where you're coming from. But my parents were great and taught as that being twins doesn't mean that we are one in the same. We are two different people, who view life in two different ways. The same event is perceived by each of us in two distinct manners. My parents did not "favor" one of us over the other, although one of us was recognized in school more so for academics while the other for activities. We have one brother, and he wasn't treated differently because he was the only boy. If one of us was chosen for something like this and the others witnessed it, we would view it as a magical event for our family, not one individual of our family. One of the greatest thing that I have learned so far from my parents is that we are each special for different things; I recognize those traits in my siblings and know who to go to for the best advice. Sometimes in all of the Disney mania I think parents tend to overplan (I know, a curse word around here) or try to live vicariously through their children so much that they don't really get the chance to really see the experience through their child's eyes. Take a moment to really let go of the control you feel you need and let them just be kids for a little while...even if it means forgoing Splas Mountain because they want to see Philharmagic for the 20th time...I suspect that my parents would give anything for us to be that "innocent" again if it meant that there was more time for us to spend together as a family.

Does anyone know more about this? Is it a random pick or can you request that your child be chosen? A friend is going next week, she visits 2-3 times
per year and would love to have her granddaughter selected!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter