Has anyone taken their "full size" stroller from home?

4our4kids

Mouseketeer
I have an Evenflo travel systems stroller and would like to know if I can expect any problems using it in the parks. It seems that most "Dis'ers' recommend light weight (umbrella type) folding strollers, and I was going to do that, but now that we are getting closer to leaving, I don't want to part with the $$ for something I already have and like. We no longer need the car seat part of it as my DD is 2.
I would just like to know where I might have problems with it.
We will have our own van while there, but may use disney transportation at times.
Thanks, Laura

We used our stroller both times we went down with our daughter (at 6 months and 1 year). It was really handy to have all of the storage space under the stroller, the cup holders and snack tray, the reclining seat for naps and diaper changes and it’s a tall stroller, comfortable for my husband and I to push.

We did bring a bike lock and a rain shield to use when we went inside of a ride or show. I highly recommend the rain shield…kept her and her seat nice and dry.

The only negative thing is that it isn’t the easiest to carry on and off of the busses or the small boats. (You can usually keep it open for the monorail and the larger friendship boats).

We took our 2 year old twins to wdw in October and brought our Graco tandem stroller. We had no problems. It was ony a little more cumbersome than our twin umbrella stroller, and the storage that it had was a life saver. Go ahead and take the stroller you're most comfortable with. Have a great time!

If you take a lock, you can't lock the stroller to anything or make it impossible to move becasue of fire codes. Locking one set of wheels together will usually make the stroller unusable, but still able to be moved by CMs if needed.
If you are going to use WDW transportation (trams from the parking areas, buses, monorail or train at MK and AK), you will need to be able to fold your stroller.

We've never regretted bringing our big full-size double stroler. It's sometimes hard to fold up and down and a little heavy, but having the extra storage space (not to mention seating space) is SOOOO worth it. We've also never had problems with anyone taking it. I'm sure it happens, but we've just been very lucky.

I'm all for the Evenflo.
Mine is now 4 years old,
but we still take it every-
where. Sometimes we
recline the seat and my
six yr old rides behind
his sister. We had no
problems with it. We do
travel often though and
are used to lugging it
around. It really only
takes seconds to fold
it and latch it and carry
it onto the bus.
One thing I always
try to remind my DH to
do is to keep our "gear"
and packages condensed
so that emptying it and
folding it are easy. Not
to mention the fact that
it would really bother me
to hold up the bus to
do this. He's notorious
for just chucking things
into the stroller instead
of putting them away.:)
We use a rain poncho
to cover our stroller, just
make sure the head
opening is strategically
placed.;)
Patty

Go ahead and take it...We took our whole travel system (carry seat and all!) with us when we took our 4 month old DS and didn't have any problems. It is a little easier when you have a resort that's on the monorail line because you don't have to fold up the stroller on the monorail. The only time it was a pain was when the bus was full and things got a little crowded. But the convience of it in the park was well worth it!

Thanks for the replies and ideas everyone. I will be much more comfortable (and so will DD, Carly) with our regular stroller. I had been concerned that the light weight ones may tip backwards, as I use mine like a packmule!! I have "O" rings on the handle which I hang bags and anything that I can from. :D

We took two full sized strollers when our boys were young and it was great! It was nice that the kids could both nap, that we had cup holders (and they had trays) and that we had plenty of room for our 'stuff' in the basket. I think for younger kids (ones that may need to nap) and when you have lots of 'stuff' (diapers, etc.) the full sized strollers are great.

Also, we had no problems folding our full sized strollers to get on the parking lot trams, either. My husband and I had it down to a science -- we'd have the folded and waiting...one got on, we loaded the strollers and stuff, then the other would get on. Also, they both fit in a car on the monorail no problem, either. The other thing that was nice, is that when we left the stroller with our stuff in it, we would just recline the seats back so that the stuff wasn't just sitting out in plain view. Yes, we're trusting people. I just think the chances of someone rifling through our stuff is very slim. They have no idea if we are about to walk up or if we're gone for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter