Has anyone stayed at BCV yet (after 6/22/2020)? Reports?

MIAMouseketeer

DIS Veteran
We are booked there next month. I can't move it because it's partly rented and the owner is not responding to the broker. Curious to how the pool/activities situation is? I have a 4 year old and this was supposed to be a resort only stay. I know we can go to Boardwalk, but it's a hike for a 4 year old.

I think just the BCV pool is open and the other pools are closed. I don’t think they have activities at that pool normally. BCV does not have a Community Hall; Boardwalk Villas does but I don’t know what’s happening there post-covid.

There a few videos on YouTube with guest touring BC. The DvC pool is open BCV, Beaches & Cream is open, the store, and Community Hall. At Boardwalk the bakery is open and the bar on the boardwalk. At BWV the main pool and quiet pools are open. Plus pool bar, QS and Community Hall. Arcades are closed.

I don’t think any boats are running at this time, and bicycle and surrey rentals were not available.
Can you rent a stroller for the little one. Good luck.

There a few videos on YouTube with guest touring BC. The DvC pool is open BCV, Beaches & Cream is open, the store, and Community Hall. At Boardwalk the bakery is open and the bar on the boardwalk. At BWV the main pool and quiet pools are open. Plus pool bar, QS and Community Hall. Arcades are closed.

I don’t think any boats are running at this time, and bicycle and surrey rentals were not available.

??? There is no Community Hall at BCV.

Can you point me in the direction of whose videos? No links (against the rules), but who is it? I tried searching and couldn't find any.

I think we might just keep it. With my luck, I'd cancel and they'd open SAB. Highly unlikely, but that's my luck. On the brightside, it will be empty.

Can you point me in the direction of whose videos? No links (against the rules), but who is it? I tried searching and couldn't find any.

I think we might just keep it. With my luck, I'd cancel and they'd open SAB. Highly unlikely, but that's my luck. On the brightside, it will be empty.
If you search “Disney Beach Club” and sort it by date uploaded to newest first, a bunch will come up. It basically just shows people walking around an empty hotel. It’s sad to see SAB closed. 😢

AllEars - glimpse of a few resorts

Here with The Ears - BC and staying at Boardwalk. They take a stroll thru the whole BC to BW area.

Prince Charming Dev - staying at SSR but goes over to BC

All of these You Tubers have a few videos. Also check out DIS you tube channel, they have so much great info.

These videos were very neat, so quiet the first day or two.
Good Luck 😎👍🏻

You can post links. If it shows up with any portion of it as ********, then the filters have been allowed to do their job. No harm done. You just can't discuss the business or webpage if it has ******* in the link.

??? There is no Community Hall at BCV.

Nope.

Community Hall Locations
There are several Community Halls at Walt Disney World Resort. Locations are:

I'd be bummed if I booked BCV while SAB is closed. It's a major reason to book there. But good news is a 4 year old will be happy in pretty much any pool. I'd used the quiet pool most of the time and pack a bag and make then trek to the Luna Pool for full "pool days".

Was at BCV yesterday. They did open a room that is functioning as a Community Hall at BCV, pretty sure it is where the Sandcastles Club used to be. They have pool games at the BCV DVC pool from around 2:30 to 8pm and they also opened the quiet/leisure pool at Beach Club Inn. The Luna Park pool at BWV was packed on Saturday afternoon with guests from both resorts. We moved part of our split stay from BCV to BWV because of SAB not opening but wished we didn't.

Was at BCV yesterday. They did open a room that is functioning as a Community Hall at BCV, pretty sure it is where the Sandcastles Club used to be. They have pool games at the BCV DVC pool from around 2:30 to 8pm and they also opened the quiet/leisure pool at Beach Club Inn. The Luna Park pool at BWV was packed on Saturday afternoon with guests from both resorts. We moved part of our split stay from BCV to BWV because of SAB not opening but wished we didn't.

Thanks for reporting

Is Disney limiting total pool guests in anyway? I know its a cost savings thing but closing SAB and forcing BCV guests to use Luna Pool is the worst idea ever for social distancing.

Last edited:
Is Disney limiting total pool guests in anyway? I know its a cost savings thing but closing SAB and forcing BCV guests to use Luan Pool is the worst idea ever for social distancing.
Agreed. I hope BWV will limit pool guests if it gets super busy. We are staying at more resorts than usual this trip to add some variety with the parks closed.
At BLT they had lots of people working the pool and advising the 'rules'-- i.e. where to sit, not having to wear mask when in pool or sitting but to wear it if you are just walking around or going to the bar, no moving of chairs and to push chair backs forward when leaving for the day so they could be cleaned. BLT staff also mentioned that they were not limiting pool time because it was not that busy and they were cleaning everything, all pool handrails every 20-30 minutes it seemed.

We were going to go to the BWV Luna pool but we didn't see many chairs left and no staff at gate to ask. While looking in the pool area it just seemed like a normal pool day at any other time. Most people waiting in line at the bar and walking around were not wearing masks and were not social distancing, so we passed. We walked over to BVC later, we weren't there to swim just looking around after dinner at Beaches and Cream, and staff approached us right away to explain which pools were open and where activities were, they were very welcoming and friendly:)

Nope.

Community Hall Locations
There are several Community Halls at Walt Disney World Resort. Locations are:

I'd be bummed if I booked BCV while SAB is closed. It's a major reason to book there. But good news is a 4 year old will be happy in pretty much any pool. I'd used the quiet pool most of the time and pack a bag and make then trek to the Luna Pool for full "pool days".
My 4 year old NEEDS a slide. He’s been going on them by himself since he was 2. No fear. And will go on them for hours. A basic pool would be boring after maybe 45 minutes.

I had a friend staying at BW and she also observed that the pool as crowded. She didn't feel comfortable being there.

I've heard that from several different groups about the BW Luna Park Pool. Maybe that will change after the parks reopen.

Did you see if the Beaches and Cream take out window was open?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter