Has anyone seen the turkeys?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Rebeltinkle, Apr 20, 2004.

  1. Rebeltinkle

    Rebeltinkle Mouseketeer

    Apr 10, 2002
    :Pinkbounc My family has seen beautiful full grown turkeys along the grassy areas next to the road as you drive to the Magic Kingdom parking area. We are always amazed to see them in a natural setting, we don't have them in our urban area in Illinois. I will resist making any comments on the turkey legs sold in FrontierLand. :Pinkbounc
  2. GlennandAnn

    GlennandAnn <font color=9966FF>If found, please return to Boar

    Jan 22, 2001
    Our family owns a home in Kissimmee which backs up to a nature preserve. We frequently see these turkeys there. They are pretty nice looking birds, aren't they!

  3. Avatar

    DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

    to hide this advert.
  4. OhMickey

    OhMickey DIS Veteran

    Apr 28, 2001
    I had to read this post because I thought it had something to do with the smoked turkey legs...

    However, I noticed you're from IL. I am too. But unlike you I live in a rural area and always see turkeys. We have a bunch (don't know what you call a group of turkeys) of them who visit our yard a couple of times a week. I still love seeing them though.
  5. esulerzy

    esulerzy Mouseketeer

    Apr 30, 2001
    I see them all the time when I play the Magnolia, Palm, or Oak Trail golf courses. They are beautiful but it does make you re-think those turkey legs :)
  6. DisneyGirl83

    DisneyGirl83 Mouseketeer

    Jan 26, 2004
    Maybe those are the lucky ones that escaped from the Turkey Leg processing plant! haha sorry I couldn't resist!
  7. chamonix

    chamonix DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

    Jan 20, 2001
    We have seen them several times at Disney going to and from the Poly along the road. We are also in Illinois, but down here near the Shawnee forest, we see turkeys quite frequently. Most people would call a group of turkeys a "gaggle of turkeys" but when I googled gaggle, I read that a group of turkeys is called a "rafter". uh, huh. Not that anyone ever uses that IRL, lol. At least, not around here. :rolleyes:

Share This Page