Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

I assume it would be okay to go the Blue Bayou just for dessert? Not really feeling the menu right now but love the atmosphere. We have a 7:10pm reservation but will probably want to get dinner somewhere else.
I did once and regretted it. It was awkward, the staff wasn’t pleased and their desserts are honestly not that great.

Speaking as a former server during my college years. There is a difference in a party taking up a table for 20 minutes to enjoy a dessert on the menu, compared to a dinning party whose going to sit down for a meal for 1-2 hours.

If it's a quick visit, like having a dessert, I never expected more than the normal tip percentage. Now if that party sat down at that same table for 2 hours and just had a dessert and a glass of water and they didn't leave something "extra" for tying up one of my tables, then I'd have an issue.
But there’s no way to indicate you need a short reservation. They aren’t offering walk up. So no one is going to get that spot. Plus the servers will have lower tips because they lost a table.

I was up at 3 am, again. 60 days out for California Adventure. Of course, nothing was available for Carthay, Lamplighter or Wine Co. since they haven't released their hours yet. :worried: I booked the Jazz Kitchen in DTD to take a break from the parks midday but would trade that for dinner at Lamplighter's....

I was up at 3 am, again. 60 days out for California Adventure. Of course, nothing was available for Carthay, Lamplighter or Wine Co. since they haven't released their hours yet. :worried: I booked the Jazz Kitchen in DTD to take a break from the parks midday but would trade that for dinner at Lamplighter's....
Yes, I’m 45 days out, and nothing yet.

I did once and regretted it. It was awkward, the staff wasn’t pleased and their desserts are honestly not that great.

We ended up doing it no problem when we were there in June. We were probably only there for about 30 mins. Was not awkward at all and left a decent tip on a ~$20 check. Totally worth for the ambiance.

I know I saw a reference to an app that notifies you when reservations become available, but I can't find it. Anyone?

Day 3 of 4. Missed my alarm :upsidedow But was still able to get my breakfast at Storytellers at 8:30 even though I didn't book it until 5 am there were still plenty of times.

So, tomorrow is my last 60 day in advance morning. I don't think I'll have any problem getting Cafe Orleans.

I'm counting on all of you to let me known when Lamplighter opens up for the end of Sept.

I have been up since 4:50 central time to try and book dining reservations for October 1 and nothing is available. And when I say "nothing", I don't mean nothing I want. I mean that there are no reservations available at all at Disneyland, California Adventure, Downtown Disney, the resorts, NOTHING. I checked for 2 hours straight. Took a break to for a run, came back, and still nothing. This is ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter