Has anyone felt the 7 night is Too Long??

Hawkeyegirls

Mouseketeer
I'm sure this is a strange questions, since most posts on here and facebook are people saying the longer the better. But I'm worried about the 7 night being too long. We usually only go on vacations for 5-6 nights. We did an all inclusive one time for 7 nights and I was defiantly ready to get home on night 6.

We have the Fantasy Western and the 4 night dream booked currently for the same timeframe, and I'm needing to cut one of them soon. I just wish the Dream had more exciting stops. I do want to be on one of the newer ships for our first time, so the Wonder and Magic are not options.

I think the cruise is a slightly different scenario than an all-inclusive, because your port stops should change up routine and what you do. Your sea days are recovery.

What sort of all inclusive?

With a beach resort, I'm like ready to be home the 4th or 5th night. With a trip I'm actually seeing new stuff, I think usually I usually hit a wall at 10 days.

Adding that in my case, I don't cruise often because I get a case of cabin fever. I don't like the fishbowl feeling. But I'm assuming cruising does not have the same affect on you.

Last edited:
I know what you mean. We went on a 5 day Double Dip on the Dream and by day 4, we were all bored. There just really isn't much to actually DO on the Disney ships, at least for my non-social, introverted, ASD kids. We spent a lot of time sitting in the cabin watching on demand movies...

We are actually debating a 7 night cruise (Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy) or a week in Hawaii, and I am leaning towards Hawaii because there is more to actually see and do.

I agree with westcoastwild, when I'm somewhere, like Hawaii, just sitting at a resort, 7 nights is too long. On a Disney cruise, 7 nights isn't long enough. I'm actually not looking forward to a 3 night one I've got coming up because the four night we went on a couple years ago was agony getting off so quickly!

I used to be relieved and glad to be home when we would take 10-day WDW trips. I was a little worried a that time when we booked our very first cruise (7-nights) that I'd feel the same way, especially as my DH is not quite a disney fan as I am (he loves Disney, just doesn't love all things Disney). We both got off the cruise at the end and were sad to leave the ship, both saying that it was the most relaxing trip we'd taken (and we had my mother with! Not that she's bad to travel with, just that at some point, I get slightly cranky with her when I travel...never happened) :-) In fact, we were so depressed seeing other guests getting on WDW transport and going to the resorts and we were heading to the airport to go home that we swore that next cruise we would be booking a trip to WDW as well!

So my point is that it is quite different from being on a typical vacation. You can be as active as you want!

I haven't felt 7 nights are too long, however the one time we did an 8 night, by the 8th night I felt like I was ok with leaving. I think it was all the food and drink that did me in.

I feel that way on a lot of trips but not at all on the cruise. My kids and I could have easily stayed another 7 nights. We didn't even get to see all the movies or shows much less everything else that goes on and we only got off at one port (well two counting CC).

Has anyone felt the 7 night is Too Long??

No. Our first cruise was 15 nights. 7 nights is typically the minimum we prefer. I will add we've done shorter (usually coupled with another cruise or part of another trip), but much prefer 7-10 nights minimum.

Well, I certainly hope not :D our first Disney cruise is 15 nights :D We joined an amazing cruise group, and I think that is going to help enhance the trip as well. It already feels like we are sailing with a huge group of family <3

We'll be on the EBTA leaving in 16 achingly-long days, and let me tell you that there's nothing in the world like a long cruise (we've done a 14 day EBPC and two 7-day-back-to-backs on DCL, as well as a 14 day PC cruise on Norwegian (never doing THAT again) and 14 day Hawaiian on Holland America (nice, but geriatric)). The one 7 day cruise we did on DCL out of Galveston was over in an instant. Fifteen days...you're gonna love it!

We'll be on the EBTA leaving in 16 achingly-long days, and let me tell you that there's nothing in the world like a long cruise (we've done a 14 day EBPC and two 7-day-back-to-backs on DCL, as well as a 14 day PC cruise on Norwegian (never doing THAT again) and 14 day Hawaiian on Holland America (nice, but geriatric)). The one 7 day cruise we did on DCL out of Galveston was over in an instant. Fifteen days...you're gonna love it!
Hey, we are on your cruise! We leave on Monday for FL :) See ya real soon!

Something we agree on!! :)

I have looked at options for Winter Break and Spring Break, and while I did love the Magic, I do love Miami, and I could tolerate Marvel for the first two (Magic and Marvel), those are only 5 nights. I did a 4-night this Feb break and it just felt sooooo short!!

So I'm doing the Wonder 7-night Eastern even though I've been to both of those ports (St. Maarten and San Juan) before. I love Castaway, so I don't mind going there!

We've done 7 nights on the Magic, Wonder, and Fantasy and have loved them all. I'd love to go on the Dream, but unless they start doing cruises that are 7 nights or longer, we won't do one on her. We just did the 7n West Caribbean this past January, there's so much to do and see that I could have stayed on the ship for another week and still not get everything done. We're going on another 7n on the Wonder next yr and it can't get here soon enough!! I am not a go to a beach, lay out by a pool, or resort type of person, but there's just something about Disney cruises that I love. I never understood why anyone would want to stay on the ship when they could get off at one of the ports. In Jamaica we stayed on the ship, saw Moana, rode the Aquackduck with no lines, and laid by the pool watching movies and sipping on raspberry mojitos. It was bliss!!!! I even love going to CC. Vacations used to be non-stop going and doing stuff, I would be exhausted by the time I'd get home. I never realized how wonderful it is to just stop and watch the waves in the ocean.

Last edited:
We've done 7 nights on the Magic, Wonder, and Fantasy and have loved them all. I'd love to go on the Dream, but unless they start doing cruises that are 7 nights or longer, we won't do one on her. We just did the 7n West Caribbean this past January, there's so much to do and see that I could have stayed on the ship for another week and still not get everything done. We're going on another 7n on the Wonder next yr and it can't get here soon enough!! I am not a go to a beach, lay out by a pool, or resort type of person, but there's just something about Disney cruises that I love. I never understood why anyone would want to stay on the ship when they could get off at one of the ports. In Jamaica we stayed on the ship, saw Moana, rode the Aquackduck with no lines, and laid by the pool watching movies and sipping on raspberry mojitos. It was bliss!!!! I even love going to CC. Vacations used to be non-stop going and doing stuff, I would be exhausted by the time I'd get home. I never realized how wonderful it is to just stop and watch the waves in the ocean.
What about a B2B? Or is that not the same?

I'm sure this is a strange questions, since most posts on here and facebook are people saying the longer the better. But I'm worried about the 7 night being too long. We usually only go on vacations for 5-6 nights. We did an all inclusive one time for 7 nights and I was defiantly ready to get home on night 6.

We have the Fantasy Western and the 4 night dream booked currently for the same timeframe, and I'm needing to cut one of them soon. I just wish the Dream had more exciting stops. I do want to be on one of the newer ships for our first time, so the Wonder and Magic are not options.
You sound exactly like my husband and I. By day 5 of being in the same place we are ready to be home. We did the 4 night Bahamas cruise last year and it was the first vacation that I was not ready to come home from. It was a whirlwind trying to do everything and I was sad to leave. This year and hopefully every year after will be at least 7 nights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter