Has anyone Complained about Stateroom Noise?

I was that horrible awful person who.... asked other people to please be a touch more considerate. Our first morning out, we were woken bright and early (and I mean EARLY) by thumping and what seemed like yelling from above us. It even woke up our kid, who's a very deep sleeper. I finally gave up getting back to sleep- the noise was inconsistent, and right when I'd drop back off it'd start up again. I staggered out of our 8th floor room on the Wonder and went up to get coffee.

And encountered a mom and her tween daughter playing Foosball. At 6 am. And every time the girl scored a point, she would yelp and jump up and down and holler. I thought about it as I shuffled off to the coffee station, and finally- as politely as I could- approached them and asked if they could please, please not jump up and down and yell. They were directly above our stateroom and had woken us up. Mom looked HORRIFIED, tween daughter looked sour- then super abashed when mom shot her a look. Later on I asked at guest services what time people were supposed to have access to the foosball table- turns out, not that early, everything should have been covered and locked up. We did not have that problem again on the cruise, and guest services surprised us with a card loaded up for use in the video arcade and some chocolate covered strawberries. Truly above and beyond!

I've been reading a lot of room reports and have noticed that there are some rooms that perpetually have a lot of noise come in. My understanding is that regardless of what category of room you purchase, everyone should be entitled to a quiet room experience. The only differentiation that DCL provides is views and obstructed views...not noise levels.

Has anyone been in one of the rooms that has had a lot of noise...either from being under a noisy club, a engine noise, or running loud people...and complained to guest services? What have they done? Did they move you to another room...give you a credit? If you've been moved, have they ever moved you to a higher category?

I just read that my upcoming room has had reports of being noisy and wanted to know how to arm myself or what to do about it if i can't get a good night's rest.:cloud9:

Most all of your concerns are a non-issue. For the most part, the layout of the Magic and Wonder is such that you are not underneath public space, or other loud areas. Some people have issues with being located near the laundry facilities, or near an elevator. I personally do not have an issue being located near an elevator. The laundry does not bother me ... though it can be warm when you walk past the laundry.

Kids running down the hall? That all depends on the kids ... I'd open the door, and tell them to knock it off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter