Has anyone booked a Grand Floridian photo session?

Matthew; they shoot on the ground of GF or if it rains; inside GF. I was told to come about 15 minutes early, so we could discuss where we wanted to take the pics etc. She mentioned the beach, staircase, garden etc. as options.

She told me to wear whatever I liked, but that stripes, polkadots, busy prints etc. wouldn't come out as nice. Also she found that casual dressing looked the best with the GF/GF ground as background, but again she assured me to wear whatever I prefer.

They've confirmed me exactly what you want to know. I pre purchaged the photopass cd and I was told this was not a problem, it could be put on there without any costs, but I was to bring a print of the email for them to be sure I was paying in one way or another. (in this case by pre-paying) This way you can also still edit the other pics from the parks etc. which you wouldn't be able to if you bought the photopass-cd right then and there at the GF.

The girl I talked to was very nice about it all, very enthousiastic and very helpfull. Without me asking she even went as far as to tell me how to get to the GF in the quickest way from CBR (where I'll be staying), how to get to their desk etc.

So in a way it's a free bonus as long as you allready planned to get the cd! Allthough if you ask me, it's a very smart way to lure people who were doubtfull about buying a photopass-cd into now buying one.

I think your idea for dressing the kids sounds great. Allthough the white shirt might be asking for it with a 16 months year old. Even if you change him right then and there, they'll find a way to get some durt on it somehow. Maybe change that to a nice shade of blue? As far as I can see from your avatar blue does suit him. Also I would think about dressing them in something that'll look nice on the pic, but the can also wear at the park if you plan on hitting them afterwards. Saves you a trip to your home-resort. With small kids you'll be carrying one set of change anyway, no need to make it 2 because you dress them all up and you lugging them around a park and being carefull not to get durt on them or wrinkles in it.

Matthew; they shoot on the ground of GF or if it rains; inside GF. I was told to come about 15 minutes early, so we could discuss where we wanted to take the pics etc. She mentioned the beach, staircase, garden etc. as options.

She told me to wear whatever I liked, but that stripes, polkadots, busy prints etc. wouldn't come out as nice. Also she found that casual dressing looked the best with the GF/GF ground as background, but again she assured me to wear whatever I prefer.

They've confirmed me exactly what you want to know. I pre purchaged the photopass cd and I was told this was not a problem, it could be put on there without any costs, but I was to bring a print of the email for them to be sure I was paying in one way or another. (in this case by pre-paying) This way you can also still edit the other pics from the parks etc. which you wouldn't be able to if you bought the photopass-cd right then and there at the GF.

The girl I talked to was very nice about it all, very enthousiastic and very helpfull. Without me asking she even went as far as to tell me how to get to the GF in the quickest way from CBR (where I'll be staying), how to get to their desk etc.

So in a way it's a free bonus as long as you allready planned to get the cd! Allthough if you ask me, it's a very smart way to lure people who were doubtfull about buying a photopass-cd into now buying one.

I think your idea for dressing the kids sounds great. Allthough the white shirt might be asking for it with a 16 months year old. Even if you change him right then and there, they'll find a way to get some durt on it somehow. Maybe change that to a nice shade of blue? As far as I can see from your avatar blue does suit him. Also I would think about dressing them in something that'll look nice on the pic, but the can also wear at the park if you plan on hitting them afterwards. Saves you a trip to your home-resort. With small kids you'll be carrying one set of change anyway, no need to make it 2 because you dress them all up and you lugging them around a park and being carefull not to get durt on them or wrinkles in it.

Thank you for all of the great info! I am trying to determine which day I should make the appt. for and then I will call tomorrow. I really appreciate all of the details you gave me. Now to plan what they will wear! You're right, blue looks great on DS b/c his eyes are blue...and they would both be dirty fast in all white for sure! :rotfl: Are you doing kids only or are you planning to be in some of the pictures, too? I wonder if there is an extra charge if mom and dad are in some of the pics too? This will make a great souvenir. We are remodeling a house right now (moving this weekend - yay!) and our foyer has a Disney theme. We are going to have lots Disney vacation vacation photos, so it sounds like these GF would be beautiful enlarged and framed for our foyer! :goodvibes

I got just about the same information as posted above-arrive 15 minute early, solid colors look best, we can do pics inside or out depending on weather.

I scheduled ours for 6pm and the CM said that was a great time as it'll be dusk and the outdoor pictures should look awesome.

So excited!!

It'll just be me and my husband. We'll probably do most together shots but some individual.

I got just about the same information as posted above-arrive 15 minute early, solid colors look best, we can do pics inside or out depending on weather.

I scheduled ours for 6pm and the CM said that was a great time as it'll be dusk and the outdoor pictures should look awesome.

So excited!!

It'll just be me and my husband. We'll probably do most together shots but some individual.

GREAT! I am excited to hear that isn't just for kids. I'm thinking some family photos will be awesome. Do you know if there is a price difference depending on how many people are in the photos? We will have two in some, four in others. Also, thanks for the tip about dusk. How pretty!

Kids only would be a bit hard for me to do, unless I rented somebodies kids. :lmao: I haven't got any kids and this is a solo-trip so this photosession will be a totall ego-trip. ;)

If you want some of the kids alone and some of the family (how about a couple of only you and partner? Moms and dads tend to forget those but years from now you'll love these couple-pics and so will the kids), that should be fine within the amount of frames they shoot. Afterall, if you can pick the different backgrounds (she said grounds as in multiples, and was very clear about that) and the position you want to be in, there should be no problem with wanting some frames with kids only, some with the whole family etc.

I'm hoping for it to make a beautifull souvie also. Haven't had a proper one-on-one done since about 1999, so it's so overdo! The girl I talked to was so definately loving doing this and talking about what would suit the indivual, if the one doing the session is anyway like that, the pics should be great.

I wonder if we all spoke with the same CM? The girl I spoke with was suuuper magical and couldn't have been more sweet.

Oh! When I inquired though about the pre-paid photopass, she did tell me to bring along the promo code or whatever but also mentioned at this time there is no additional fee (So the $99 prepaid pass would include the photo session) but hinted that could always change and maybe they'll charge $25 on top of the photopass. Guess we'll find out!

I'm thinking of doing this in January -- does anyone know what time the first appointment in the morning is? I would love to do this BEFORE the parks open one day.

8am-8pm is what I was told. But the later in the evening, the less opportunity you have to do outdoor shoots due to the sun going down.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the updates!!! I have enjoyed reading about them. I also called and was told the same and if it changes from appts being booked a month out - please let me know!!!

I want to make sure I have this right.

From your explanation, it is only if we purchase the PhotoPass CD at the GF (in conjunction with this package), that we would not then be able to edit any of the PhotoPass pics (GF sitting and otherwise).

However, if we purchase the PhotoPass CD normally (or pre-order), we would be able to edit the pictures with no problems once home, because we would just add the card # from the GF sitting to our account?

We have a large family trip planned for early December (16, and probably the only time this will ever happen), and DH and I were already considering hiring one of the Disney professional photographers for a photo session of everyone - this would be a much cheaper option!!!! :goodvibes

Does anyone have any idea - are these just your typical PhotoPass folks over at the GF (thus YMMV on the quality of the pics), or are these truer "professionals"?

I want to make sure I have this right.

From your explanation, it is only if we purchase the PhotoPass CD at the GF (in conjunction with this package), that we would not then be able to edit any of the PhotoPass pics (GF sitting and otherwise).

True

However, if we purchase the PhotoPass CD normally (or pre-order), we would be able to edit the pictures with no problems once home, because we would just add the card # from the GF sitting to our account?

True for the park-pics, don't know about the GF ones. One extra though; pre-purchanged, you wouldn't have to pay a sitting fee for the GF. Not buying before you go, nor at GF would cost you a sitting fee of $49,95. Don't know if this would be waved if you decide to buy the photo-cd afterwards. The thing is; they want some kind of way to make sure you at least pay for the costs -or some extend of it- of the one-on-one-session. With you buying the cd afterwards, they have no proove whatsoever but your word you'll buy it.

Does anyone have any idea - are these just your typical PhotoPass folks over at the GF (thus YMMV on the quality of the pics), or are these truer "professionals"?

Couldn't help you on that one, maybe someone else can? If not; I'll be back on the 13th of september and will be able to tell you some more by then. It'll take some time to get the pics (pre-purchaged the cd), but that should be WAY in time enough for you to judge yourself before your trip.

Just an FYI -- I just called and booked out photosession for 6:00 p.m. & the woman on the phone told me they go as late as 9:00 p.m. We pre-purchased the photopass cd which I told her and she didn't mention any additional charges. Now I'm trying to pick out what to wear! We're going to do this on one of our "off" days just before going to the Poly to eat at Ohana's. I really like the khaki bottoms/white tops idea. No shoes. I think that would look so great on the beach at dusk! And since we're only going to dinner afterwards, it wouldn't matter if we're dressed up just a bit.

Thank you Sheilag so much for posting this question! I had never heard of this and it was exactly what I was looking for. Two years ago we went with my sister and took our photos on the beach. I was just thinking last week that it would be nice to get our pics done somewhere nice that was outside of the park, but with the photopass type + quality. I just finished booking our session. This is what makes the dis so great!!!!!!!!!:love: :love:

Thanks for the info everyone,will be calling tomorrow to make an appointment:thumbsup2

We got a shoot at 4 PM on 9/5 and can't wait! :banana: I told the castmember we had pre-purchased the photo-cd and she said that the photo session won't cost us anything in that case.

Thanks for the info everyone,will be calling tomorrow to make an appointment:thumbsup2

What is the phone number to call, I need to add it to my "To Do" list. We are going in Dec. and they aren't making those appointments yet according to a PP. Thank you if you have it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter