Has anyone booked a dinner show package or dessert show package lately?

Bete

DIS Veteran
Looking to find out about World of Color, Fantasmic, Electrical parade or Disneyland fireworks dinner/show packages or dessert packages, please.

Is this really happening yet? Has anyone been successful doing any of it?

Last edited:
WOC dessert packages and MSEP packages have been running since the weekend of 4/22. I went to the dessert party on 4/22.

Fantasmic starts next weekend and people have reservations for dining packages. I have one for the Hungry Bear package.

Looking to find out about World of Color, Fantasmic, Electrical parade or Disneyland fireworks dinner/show packages or dessert packages, please.

Is this really happening yet? Has anyone been successful doing any of it?
Yes I have booked reservations for all of the above in July. For the most part you needed to do this 60 days out from the date you want to purchase. Some of it is still available here and there but challenging to get. I've booked the following:
  1. MSEP dining package at Plaza Inn for 1st show on 7/2, it's a lunch and they give you your lanyard and pass to return at viewing spot (standing only) that evening. Pay at time of dining.
  2. WOC dessert party for 1st show on 7/3, pre-pay at time of booking.
  3. Fantasmic dinner at Hungry Bear for 1st show, its a to go package, pay at time of dining, return at show time to reserved viewing area (standing only).
  4. Skyline Lounge for Fireworks on 7/8, pre-pay at time of booking. Dinner included from Galatic Grill, access to lounge for the evening, with pre-assigned table and in/out privileges. Given lanyard at check-in.
All dining reservations drop 60 days out from date you want at 06:00am PST. My suggestion is to have either your app ready on page or desktop, be signed in to your account, and have your cc stored on your account. It makes the booking process faster, sometimes seconds makes the difference in whether you score a reservation or not. Usually after I was done booking what I wanted, I would go back and look to see availability that was left, and majority of the time it was sold out and that was in a very short window of time.

The word is that some pacakages drop at different times. People have reported the WOC dessert party being available in the middle of the night 60 days before, sometime before 3:30 am Pacific time.

Edited to correct my fireworks statement! I don't think there are any packages specific for the Fireworks show, but definitely for WoC, Fantasmic, and MSEP. Fireworks info in 1Disneylandfan's post below.

Last edited:
I don't think there are any packages specific for the Fireworks show, but definitely for WoC, Fantasmic, and MSEP.

There is a dining package for fireworks (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/tomorrowland-skyline-lounge/) it debuted this past Friday night 5/20. Technically it's a dining package to enjoy the skyline lounge, however if fireworks are scheduled that evening you get to view it from there. You can search for videos of it on YouTube, many have posted their experience of it from over the weekend.

There is a dining package for fireworks (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/tomorrowland-skyline-lounge/) it debuted this past Friday night 5/20. Technically it's a dining package to enjoy the skyline lounge, however if fireworks are scheduled that evening you get to view it from there. You can search for videos of it on YouTube, many have posted their experience of it from over the weekend.
Sort of. This isn't really a fireworks dining package- the fireworks view is mediocre at best and, as pointed out by others, fireworks don't happen every night-even if they are on the schedule. The info page linked barely mentions the fireworks at all which should be a pretty big hint that the main purpose of this isn't fireworks viewing. It's definitely not like the fireworks dining packages available at WDW that regulars there might be familiar with or like the dining packages being discussed here for other nighttime entertainment.

Sort of. This isn't really a fireworks dining package- the fireworks view is mediocre at best and, as pointed out by others, fireworks don't happen every night-even if they are on the schedule. The info page linked barely mentions the fireworks at all which should be a pretty big hint that the main purpose of this isn't fireworks viewing. It's definitely not like the fireworks dining packages available at WDW that regulars there might be familiar with or like the dining packages being discussed here for other nighttime entertainment.
I don't necessarily feel the fireworks view is "mediocre", since you see all of the "actual fireworks" happening in the sky. However a person would miss out on all of the "projections" on the castle and along Main Street. You would still hear the music, since it is piped in.

Granted the OP didn't mention a time frame when they would be visiting the parks, however if visiting during the summer, fireworks would be nightly, and the only time they get canceled is due to wind, and that no one has control over....sadly.

I was able to get a Fantasmic Premium Package at River Belle Terrace for our trip in early June. There had been no availability, but I just kept checking periodically and eventually lucked out. Maybe somebody cancelled? I would suggest to just keep trying and you may get lucky too.

I was able to get a Fantasmic Premium Package at River Belle Terrace for our trip in early June. There had been no availability, but I just kept checking periodically and eventually lucked out. Maybe somebody cancelled? I would suggest to just keep trying and you may get lucky too.
Honestly people cancel for various reasons. I initially booked Fantasmic package 2 different days for our trip, got everything else booked, then canceled one of our Fantasmic dates. Agree with just keep checking.

Just a thought I have. I think part of the difference in whether booking some of these are easier than others is whether its a pre-paid situation or not. MSEP and Fantasmic are just a cc guarantee and you pay at time of dining. WOC dessert and Skyline Lounge are a pre-pay at time of booking. Granted even with the cancelation policy allowing you to do so within a certain time frame, I think people re-think whether they want to front money 60 days out, especially if it's more than 2 people. In all the bookings I did for my trip, I found MSEP to be the hardest to come by. For Fantasmic I did Hungry Bear to go since I wasn't interested in River Belle Terrace. Otherwise that is probably the hardest one to snag.

Edited to correct my fireworks statement! I don't think there are any packages specific for the Fireworks show, but definitely for WoC, Fantasmic, and MSEP. Fireworks info in 1Disneylandfan's post below.

Thanks for this it is very helpful :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter