Hardest ADRs to get?

I always book for 2 also when I'm solo. I figure it's [remotely] possible thatI'll meet another solo beforehand, that I'll want to continue chatting with over a meal. Granted, it's never actually happened in over 25 solo trips, but it's still nice to leave the option open.

For me it's more if a friend in the area can meet me. I'm not eating with someone I don't know other than from chatting in line. Eek. But if it works for you, go for it.

The 6 year old needs to be included in the reservation if you want him/her to come in with you. They very well may not allow someone who isn’t on the reservation to enter.

I think this is especially true for going from 2-3 because you're asking for a bigger table size than you are booked for. The system only has this ADR allocated for a two-top, presumably.

Many restaurants seat parties of 2 at tables for 4, so that works for those locations. But the Space 220 lounge has a lot of tables for 2, which won't accommodate 3, and you're taking a chance that they may not be able to seat you. I'd keep checking for a table for 4, because there's no problem if you show up with only 3 in your party.

Thanks - this is really good to know. I now have 2x reservations for 2 people at 11.40 and 11.50, so I guess we could do it this way, but I would prefer for us all to be seated together since either me or my husband will be sitting on our own! I'll keep checking for 4 and may just forget it if I can't get anything.

Since when did SciFi become so coveted? Is it due to the vastly increased popularity of HS in general with minimal increase in dining options?

Had no issues today. I think 3 of our 4 reservations are considered "hard to get".
  • Chef Mickeys breakfast (60+7)
  • Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre lunch (60+3)
  • Boma Breakfast (60+4)
  • Space 200 lunch (60+6)
The time for Sci-Fi is a bit earlier than I wanted (before noon... but it was either that or 2:45pm). Regular dinner times were available though.

Had no plans for Space but I checked for the fun of it and it was available (good time too) so just grabbed it. May or may not keep it. Theme looks really neat but pricey for what you get and heard food isn't that good.

so CRT is not that hard anymore? I will be doing a 60+7 reservation.

I didn't have trouble getting a 60+7 CRT reservation (for 2) at the time I wanted, 10-ish am brunch, when I went in early December...YMMV depending upon the time of year, meal, and party size...If it's a priority for you, make it the first or one of the first you secure. It was second on my list.

I didn't have trouble getting a 60+7 CRT reservation (for 2) at the time I wanted, 10-ish am brunch, when I went in early December...YMMV depending upon the time of year, meal, and party size...If it's a priority for you, make it the first or one of the first you secure. It was second on my list.

what about Topolino's breakfast? My kids would love that. We will be going in february 2023, so "low season"

what about Topolino's breakfast? My kids would love that. We will be going in february 2023, so "low season"

Topolino's breakfast was first on my list, and I was able to secure a good time at 60+5, which was my desired day as well. For this one, the later in your trip, the better the chances of both availability and desired time and I recommend prioritizing it if it's a must do. I have also seen availability quite often last minute, as people cancel the night before a scheduled ressie. We secured a second breakfast that way during our December visit.

For two kids at heart, my boyfriend and me, Topolino's was the dining highlight of our trip, for both character experiences and food. It's even more fun now that the characters are stopping by each table--did a little impromptu ballet with Daisy a few weeks ago when I was there.

Space 220 seems like the most difficult. But I for some reason can't seem to score Garden Grill reservations at 60+6, which seems very strange to me.

Space 220 seems like the most difficult. But I for some reason can't seem to score Garden Grill reservations at 60+6, which seems very strange to me.
How many are you searching for? Disney never likes odd numbers and GG doesn’t seem to want to book parties less than 4. When I travel solo, I book it for 4 and then modify the reservation to 1… the system is happy to do this so go figure lol

How many are you searching for? Disney never likes odd numbers and GG doesn’t seem to want to book parties less than 4. When I travel solo, I book it for 4 and then modify the reservation to 1… the system is happy to do this so go figure lol
I will try that. Thanks!

I had no idea about odd numbers and dining reservation issues! We are a party of 5 (hooray...😒) -- are y'all saying that when booking Space 220 Lounge at 60+6 I should search as a party of 6?

Does the lounge have many places that seat 6??

I had no idea about odd numbers and dining reservation issues! We are a party of 5 (hooray...😒) -- are y'all saying that when booking Space 220 Lounge at 60+6 I should search as a party of 6?

Does the lounge have many places that seat 6??
Lounge maxes out at 4 per table. You should be searching for a 4 and a 2, assuming you're ok sitting separately. If not, the restaurant has larger tables to go with the larger price tag.

Also, I haven't seen a report of someone getting a 4 top at +6, even now that ADRs are booking for September when crowds are historically lighter. The likelihood of you getting overlapping reservations for those groups at 60+6 is very, very low. If you can't book at +9 or +10, don't expect a 4-top in the lounge that you can book close to a 2-top.

We have another two weeks before we can book our dining but how hard is it to get topolinos for DINNER?

I seem to be having a hard time getting Tusker House Breakfast for the first week of October. I have one for our last day, but hoping to find one earlier that fits my reservation schedule.

Also watching Chef Mickey’s for a better dinner time that 8:30.

Since when did SciFi become so coveted? Is it due to the vastly increased popularity of HS in general with minimal increase in dining options?
I was thinking the same thing! I've eaten there several times and never had an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter