Hard Rock walking path & security?

sarabguerra

Mouseketeer
We're trying to decide between 2 rooms at Royal Pacific and the Family Suite (Future Rock Star) at Hard Rock. Saw some comments and one video review that mentioned the security on the walking path from HRH get busy and backs up. Wondering what experiences everyone has had with the lines getting really busy there before park opening?

On our trip last year we walked the path from Aventura and there never was there a back up of more than a handful of people at security where pop-out at Margaritaville. We're rope droppers and like to get there there at least 30 minutes prior to early hours. One of our kids uses a wheelchair so walking is actually easier than the boats or busses, and getting as close to the front as possible is just easier navigation wise.

That would only ever be HRH guests & PB guests; I can't imagine it getting a wait worth mentioning. Unless a very odd circumstance came up. And it's a walking path, so it's not like there would be a boatful of people arriving there at once to gum it up.

We're trying to decide between 2 rooms at Royal Pacific and the Family Suite (Future Rock Star) at Hard Rock. Saw some comments and one video review that mentioned the security on the walking path from HRH get busy and backs up. Wondering what experiences everyone has had with the lines getting really busy there before park opening?

On our trip last year we walked the path from Aventura and there never was there a back up of more than a handful of people at security where pop-out at Margaritaville. We're rope droppers and like to get there there at least 30 minutes prior to early hours. One of our kids uses a wheelchair so walking is actually easier than the boats or busses, and getting as close to the front as possible is just easier navigation wise.
I have never experienced any issues with either walking path security, but something could have happened - a large group traveling together, etc. I wouldn't discount someone's bad experience but I think it is rare.

I’ve walked both paths for years. Sometimes you have to wait for people. Particularly when you see multiple groups with strollers. But from all boat hotels, those boat lines can be just a little busy too.

But I’d take the path or boat line over any in City Walk, from the garages.

It if was me, I’d take Hard Rock. Such an easy walk to the Studios. The walk from Royal is longer. When I’m at Royal, I rarely walk, boat for me. At Hard Rock, very rarely take the boat, and walk to the parks almost every time.

We were at the Hard Rock last week, no long, annoying line at the end of the path. We never used the boat last week. Just too easy to stroll.

Anyway, my thoughts.

My family prefers the walk from Hard Rock. We have never had a long line at security. I think the one exception is some kids were trying to sneak in small liquor bottles and they were found but they kept arguing. My kids also enjoyed the Future Rock Star Suite. FYI they have fixed the noise issues (listed in several reviews I read) by having a loud air conditioner (?).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter