HARD ROCK HOTEL information

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are due to stay at the HRH mid-June. We hear pets are permitted in some rooms. One of our traveling party has allergies to pets (cats).

Are the pets confined to certain rooms, or floors? If you have stayed at the HRH with your pet tell us what floor(s) you stayed on.

Or...if you stayed and have the same trouble with allergies did the hotel work with you??

Thanks !

Usually yes they are confined to a certain floor but I have read and seen otherwise. When we stay at a Loews hotel I have them put that we have a child with severe asthma and allergies to cats.
We have over 6 stays and have never had a problem. Just make sure when you check in you state it again.

I called Emerils and they had almost nothing left for next week. I am staying at HRH. Can they do better for a PS with Emeril's? Thanks

They do have an arcade. I remember 12-20 machines maybe, some new titles, some old.

Mike

I'll be at HRH beginning July 19th and I have another question for all you experts. I know I read a post somewhere about shops within walking distance but I can't find it now. I'm not sure I'll need one but I'd like to know where they are just in case I run out of anything. I'll get a stop on my ride from the airport but you just never know. Anybody know what's nearby (shops & restaurants)? I also need 'directions for dummies' so I can find the place. :p

I also am interested in knowing what kind of charging is available on the room key. Will we be able to charge food & such in the parks and City Walk? I want my son and his friend to be able to frequently tour alone so I can have a great vacation too!.

Thanks,
Carolyn

There is a shop in the HRH lobby that sells things you might have forgotten to bring, ie:toothbrush, band aids, etc.
There are shops all along CityWalk, but no super markets.

There is a Walgreens in the shopping center across the street from the main entrance of Universal. It's a short drive and it might even be in walking distance.

Mike

I think i already asked this but I dont remember what was said. Is there a coin operated washer & dryer in the hotel? Thanks

On the 4th floor there are 2? washers and dryers. They may have more on another floor.

We are planning a trip to include a couple of days at Universal. I want to take advantage of the perks by staying at a Universal Hotel. My DD6 is very sensitive to loud noises. Exactly how loud is it there? Is it just at the pool that it's noisy, or is it the lobby, or the whole hotel in general? (I'm starting to research all of this. I just love the planning!!:D ) Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

I find the music to be a bit loud in the lobby but not overbearing at HRH. The music by the pool was fairly low I thought. The speakers are hidden in the bushes so you can strategically decide where to sit. It is quieter in some places more than others.

If you want to stay away from the music you may want to check out the Royal Pacific. I didn't stay there but did walk through the lobby and pool areas and it is a beautiful hotel. It also seemed a bit more kid friendly with the water play area.

I'll be celebrating my upcoming birthday with a return trip to HRH (8/13/03-8/18/03) and all that entails. I was there with my husband and son (now age 10) Dec 2001 and had a great time. I booked the upcoming trip through Universalstudios.com before I found disboards and all the great info here. :( Now, I'd like to get the inside scoop.

We have a standard pool view room and I would like to try to upgrade to Club Level (I joined Loewsfirst). What, if anything should I be prepared to pay for that? And just what perks are included in Club Level to make it worthwhile?

What is the Grade A program and does anyone know if it will be in effect in August?

We have reservations for Tchoup Chop, what would be the best seats in the house (party of 8-10)?

I have reserved Cabana 10 (I like the shade) any comments? Can I see the movie from there?

Does anyone know if HRH has a private car service? My mother will be staying one night at HRH and joining us for dinner at Tchoup Chop. Unfortunately, she is in the process of chemo/radiation and does not have much energy/strength. I don't think I'll be able to convince her to use a wheel chair but I don't think she'll be able to get herself to the boat launch either.

Thanks in advance for assist on these questions. :cool: I'm sure I'll be back with more inquiries in the near future. :bounce:

WOW great board!

I am looking to staying at the HRH after our 10 day Disney cruise on 12/28/04 thru 01/2/05

What goes on here for New Years! I know it is a way off, but these boards help you plan so you can really enjoy yourselves!

Also club level and Loews card? What are these benefits?

Thank you Everyone!

We will be staying at the HRH Aug 25-29. I got an Entertainment Rate of $160 for a Deluxe Room. My question is what can we expect from these rooms? Are they worth the extra price over the standard rooms. We stayed at Portofino last year and loved their Deluxe Room, but we thought we would try a different hotel? Will we like the HRH? We have two boys - 6 and 7 that will love the water slide at HRH. Thanks!

I'm staying the club level in October. I believe this is very similar to the concierge at WDW hotels. The 5th floor is the club level. Breakfast offerings; snacks-waters-sodas throughout the day; desserts, beers & cordials in the evenings. I can't wait. We got the fan club rate of $230 a night. With 2 teens I think it's worth the extra $$. Plus you get turndown service and robes in your room, faster checkin, help with reservations. Discounts on cabanas. For us, it's a dream vacation staying club at HRH and conceirge at YC...don't know if we'll ever be able to do it this way again.

In the other Universal forum page (attractions I think), there's a post about the fan club card. Regular club price quoted to us was $329. Only downfall is I wish there were deluxe rooms on the conceirge level.

I would also love some information on the Kids Club. I'm hoping it will appeal to our 4 yr ds so we can have a quiet nice dinner....he doesn't do restraunts too well--he has waayy too much energy to sit still for very long.

Tazz--we are staying in a deluxe room at the HRH in Oct . I wanted club level but I need the extra bed space. Its hard for 13 yr old to sleep with hisolder brother--who is already over 6 foot. He takes up the whole bed, lol and steals the blankets.
I think they should have some deluxe rooms on the club level also. We stayed YC concierge last year and really liked it. the rooms are nice. We didnt feel cramped at all. They had plenty of good food in the lounge and we ended up only buying 1 meal a day and that was while we were in the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter