Happy Snow Day!!!

We lost power for a few hours this afternoon, middle of a meeting it just poof! Kiddo got the shovels out of the garage (it's full of stuff and you can get them from the front but it won't open with no power so...) we did around the car and cleaned the car, then I gave up. I hate my driveway lol, it's so long! I used an app to hire someone but it hasn't been "picked up" yet so I am guess I'll have to go out and do it later. Kiddo claimed to be too tired but still felt he earned some money. On the one hand, I am very glad this is the first big snow storm of the winter (and hopefully the only one this big lol), but I sure do wish I had something planned to get away!

I had a nice nap (sleep in) and then watched a few tv shows.
I eventually helped shovel off the back deck area ,,so much snow.
Now after all that fresh air I shall hopefully sleep well tonight.
I'm back to in school work tomorrow and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't
a bit worried.
Stay well and safe everyone.
Hugs
Mel

I had a nice nap (sleep in) and then watched a few tv shows.
I eventually helped shovel off the back deck area ,,so much snow.
Now after all that fresh air I shall hopefully sleep well tonight.
I'm back to in school work tomorrow and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't
a bit worried.
Stay well and safe everyone.
Hugs
Mel

I hope school goes as well as it possible can. ❤️
MY SISTER in law texted me that she can not stop hearing the song “danger zone” in her head. Tried to calm her down a little this evening, but my nephew was hospitalized with heart inflammation after 1 dose, and is not allowed anymore. He is medically exempted.

My day was exhausting, dispatching ambulances (some with extremely long waits), A lot of accidents, emergencies, all the kooks come out.

To boot I had to cancel my dental appt, I am sneezing amd coughing 🙄somehow I won the lottery (or so it feels here), and got spots for us (son and myself to get rapid tests at the pharmacy tomorrow at 3;45. So we’ll see if it’s a cold or covid. I feel just sick enough to complain 😂, but I’m ok to work.

I hope school goes as well as it possible can. ❤
MY SISTER in law texted me that she can not stop hearing the song “danger zone” in her head. Tried to calm her down a little this evening, but my nephew was hospitalized with heart inflammation after 1 dose, and is not allowed anymore. He is medically exempted.

My day was exhausting, dispatching ambulances (some with extremely long waits), A lot of accidents, emergencies, all the kooks come out.

To boot I had to cancel my dental appt, I am sneezing amd coughing 🙄somehow I won the lottery (or so it feels here), and got spots for us (son and myself to get rapid tests at the pharmacy tomorrow at 3;45. So we’ll see if it’s a cold or covid. I feel just sick enough to complain 😂, but I’m ok to work.

I think for me that being the caretaker in all situations (home, work etc. ) is maybe at it's breaking point.
I've been so afraid to say I'm afraid cause well I'm the one suppose to be telling everyone not to be afraid.
My sister in law helped me realize tonight that it is natural to be afraid ,,,, but now I need to not let it overwhelm me .
Sometimes just having that heart to heart talk is so important.

You rest well Hon and fingers crossed it's just a nasty old cold. I'll be thinking of you.
Hugs
Mel

I think for me that being the caretaker in all situations (home, work etc. ) is maybe at it's breaking point.
I've been so afraid to say I'm afraid cause well I'm the one suppose to be telling everyone not to be afraid.
My sister in law helped me realize tonight that it is natural to be afraid ,,,, but now I need to not let it overwhelm me .
Sometimes just having that heart to heart talk is so important.

You rest well Hon and fingers crossed it's just a nasty old cold. I'll be thinking of you.
Hugs
Mel
Oh Mel…:hug: . I’m sorry this is so tough for you right now. And I hear you so much on the “being a caretaker in all situations.” That burnout is real and I know your job is so taxing.

I work with children and one of the parents just texted me to say the medical unit she works on is on outbreak. But ALL of the hospitals in our area and the majority of seniors facilities are on outbreak. It’s crazy.

Well I thought I got away with it... dropped kiddo off at school this morning! Even though buses were cancelled. He called me 30 minutes later saying it's a snow day and i need to get him... ah well. It was a nice 30 minutes of quite?

I hear more snow is on the way tomorrow! I long for spring. Or the ability to travel to somewhere warm :D

I hope you all get a few more snow days with all of that snow!

The Farmer's almanac said it was going to be a colder and snowier winter this year. So far, they are correct.

I hope you all get shoveled / snowblowed out soon!!!! Crossing my fingers for you it doesn't get too cold. It was -35 here with the windchill AGAIN :cold: :faint: but don't forget the snowfall we had then rain on top of it. It's not much better in my little part of Alberta either.

My son picked up the Covid tests. I am negative, so it’s just a cold. i think we are getting 5-10cm tomorrow. Is it Friday yet 😏 it’s just so cold, how can it snow. Grrr
Mel, I hope your day wasn’t too bad, and you have a good rest tonight, 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩
@pigletto regarding the outbreaks. Same here. Heart wrenching. My husband said I cried in my sleep last night. I’m doing 7-7, which is an exception due to Covid Some are waiting 6 hours for an ambulance, I’m actually horrified, and have never seen it.

My son picked up the Covid tests. I am negative, so it’s just a cold. i think we are getting 5-10cm tomorrow. Is it Friday yet 😏 it’s just so cold, how can it snow. Grrr
Mel, I hope your day wasn’t too bad, and you have a good rest tonight, 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩
@pigletto regarding the outbreaks. Same here. Heart wrenching. My husband said I cried in my sleep last night. I’m doing 7-7, which is an exception due to Covid Some are waiting 6 hours for an ambulance, I’m actually horrified, and have never seen it.
Oh thank god...well you know what I mean...sorry about the cold and snow but it's way better than Covid.
Hot tea or a hot toddy is needed.
I am so sorry about the crying in your sleep ,,I've had this happen before and for me it's usually all the pent up emotion of the day. Remember to take good care of yourself Hon. I hope you can rest better tonight.
Hugs Hon
Mel
https://www.thecookierookie.com/cold-remedy-hot-toddy/

Last edited:
Oh thank god...well you know what I mean...sorry about the cold and snow but it's way better than Covid.
Hot tea or a hot toddy is needed.
I am so sorry about the crying in your sleep ,,I've had this happen before and for me it's usually all the pent up emotion of the day. Remember to take good care of yourself Hon. I hope you can rest better tonight.
Hugs Hon
Mel
https://www.thecookierookie.com/cold-remedy-hot-toddy/

Thank you, yes I do know. 🥰
That looks sooo good. I told my husband we will have those tomorrow night!

I also am not going to keep doing these 12 hour shifts. It’s non-stop, and I promised myself for tomorrow, so I’ll definitely log in at 7, but that’ll be the last one.

Ty again, ❤️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter