Happy Haunts Tour

CC&M

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done the Happy Haunts Tour at Disneyland? Can you tell me about it? Any thoughts you can share would be appreciated!

We did it a couple of years ago, on a non-party night. It was great fun. We toured the parks for about 3 hours and heard ghost stories mixed in with some park history. I can't remember all of the rides we went on, but it was at least Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, and Space Mt. Along the way, they offered a few treats including a marshmallow thing that I only remember as sugar, a pumpkin cookie, and a mini Starbucks drink. We also got a name badge pin that wasn't anything special but I really liked, and a separate pin themed for the Haunted Mansion.

My only complaint about was that we had quite a lot of trouble with the headsets. Some of them would have been solved by using our own headphones, as I've seen suggested since then. Unfortunately, some of the problems were with the receivers themselves. It lead to some periods spent standing around while our hosts tried to get things working. While we didn't need them to hear the tour, there was accompanying music that definitely added to the experience.

There is a full review of the Happiest Haunts Tour from 2014 here - http://www.laughingplace.com/w/articles/2014/09/18/happiest-haunts-disneyland-tour-review/. The tour did not include California Adventure last year.

People have talked about the tour in the Halloween Time Superthread in the past, and I would imagine that more folks will be reporting back with their rundown of it as it is one of the highly anticipated events of the Halloween Time season. Stay tuned to that thread.

Yes, please do report back. We've made reservations already, so interested to know all about it. Thanks, Sherry E, I had already read that review, but knew that it was a little out of date, so looking for more current information. Thanks, everyone!

Yes, please do report back. We've made reservations already, so interested to know all about it. Thanks, Sherry E, I had already read that review, but knew that it was a little out of date, so looking for more current information. Thanks, everyone!

It's a review from last year (and this year's tour is supposed to be like last year's, with no DCA), so it's not too out of date. It's just not from the tour this year. In your OP above you asked if anyone had done the tour. Seeing as Halloween Time just began today, I figured that a 2014 review was pretty up to date considering that no one has gotten home to report on this year's tour yet. You didn't specify that you only wanted thoughts on this year's tour. (Eclectic Goddess went a couple of years ago.) Maybe you can add in "2015" to the title of the thread? That might help to clarify, so that people will only post about this year's tour.

I just got back late last night so bear with me. I also took a bad fall waiting for our hotel shuttle so I don't have all my photos just an overview.

First off the tour is amazing and exceeded my expectations. Our guide Rachel was a ton of fun, energetic and really played with the group. You gather at Tour Gardens and get your audio equipment then meet your "ghost host" whom joins you in your adventures.

There are a few treats along the way and wonderful stories of Halloween, legends and even Disney history. In terms of attractions we rode Big thunder mountain railroad, Space Mountain ghost galaxy, Snow White, Matterhorn and Haunted Mansion. There will always be the opportunity to not ride and the guide or host to stay behind so don't let that affect your enjoyment.

We had a varied age group and it was amazing. The special pin is awesome and pays tribute to the 60th as well as the hatbox ghost. My husband and I had so much fun we cannot recommend the tour enough.

Do you think a 4-year-old would do okay or no? She loves all those rides, but sometimes the talking can get a little tedious for them. However, I think they're likely more lively than the holiday tour guides with the ghost host and all.

Do you think a 4-year-old would do okay or no? She loves all those rides, but sometimes the talking can get a little tedious for them. However, I think they're likely more lively than the holiday tour guides with the ghost host and all.

Funny story : One of the people were a family of three including a 4 or 5 year old little girl. Very sweet girl but at first was very afraid of the "Ghost host" , yet about 1/3 through the tour what do we see but she and him holding hands walking together like best friends. Honestly I felt both the guide and "ghost host" to be very patient and understanding and engaging as able/necessary. The talking and recordings are done via an ear piece and radio receiver that fits easily around your neck. However if there are any concerns don't hesitate to talk to Tour Gardens beforehand , they are all very nice. The little girl seemed to love the tour and even went skipping along past Matterhorn with our guide , I think it's certainly dependent on your own child as we don't have kids nor plan to I can only provide a very broad perspective.

wb3n2s.jpg

Funny story : One of the people were a family of three including a 4 or 5 year old little girl. Very sweet girl but at first was very afraid of the "Ghost host" , yet about 1/3 through the tour what do we see but she and him holding hands walking together like best friends. Honestly I felt both the guide and "ghost host" to be very patient and understanding and engaging as able/necessary. The talking and recordings are done via an ear piece and radio receiver that fits easily around your neck. However if there are any concerns don't hesitate to talk to Tour Gardens beforehand , they are all very nice. The little girl seemed to love the tour and even went skipping along past Matterhorn with our guide , I think it's certainly dependent on your own child as we don't have kids nor plan to I can only provide a very broad perspective.

Awesome, thank you! She loves Halloween and spooky things, so I think she would be okay with the ghost host. I called to see if they had weekend spots for this weekend, still deciding if I want to splurge.

how quick do these tours book up? I wanna go on 10/27. do I need to schedule exactly 30 days in advance?

I scheduled ours right at the 30day mark.
I wanted to be sure we had a spot.
If you know you want/plan to do the tour, I recommend booking at 30 days.

Geemo

how quick do these tours book up? I wanna go on 10/27. do I need to schedule exactly 30 days in advance?

I think I booked ours about 6 days out - for Sept. 13th but saw lots of people trying to get it for that day or the next and being already sold out. I would recommend booking it asap just to be sure your preferred date is available.

My DW and DD did this tour in 2012 and absolutely loved it!!

If we ever go back to DL during Halloween they will definitely being doing this one again.

Enjoy the tour!! :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter