Happy Anni-birth-aversary...A 33 night Celebration & HHN too.....SF & RPR September 2022 TR

Those sleeps are just flying by...you will be jumping into the car service vehicle before you know it!

The Ghost Tour is a bargain for sure, and does sound like a lot of fun!
You will have to give us all the details, including Tom's enjoyment of the evening :D

I just read Universal will have a Classic Monsters photo experience for all hotel guests, located at Cabana Bay.
I am hoping you will go over and grab some photos, even if Cabana Bay isn't your cup of tea :cutie:

Ohhhh, 3 more weeks! Yeah!
It's fun waiting along with you and cant wait for the report.
The haunted house sounds like a lot of fun too. I have gone on haunted tours in Charleston, a graveyard tour. No ghosts, LOL, but was spooky.
We also toured Middleton Plantation in Charleston, and for some reason, I had an experience in the remaining part of the house. The main house was burned down during the Civil War but they left the side extensions for the family. While upstairs in a bedroom that had glass encased artifacts, and portraits of the owners, I had an experience. I looked at the master/owners portrait and immediately got sick and shaky and scared. I just felt like I had to get out of there quickly. I took off down the stairs and over to the slave quarters and sat down for a while. My friends found me out there. I don't know what happened, but it was intense. I've never had anything like that happen before, so maybe I was just getting sick? But I didn't get sick and it lasted about a half hour or so. Just weird. I've never had anything like that happen before. It wasn't supposed to be a haunted house. And the graveyard tour didn't bother me at all. Still a mystery, but I know I don't want that feeling again.

Just finished catching up. I’am a little late to the party, but so glad you have started your new trip report.

Sounds like you have some very nice plans for things to do while on your trip.

I took the grandchildren to Sea World many moons ago and we had a meal at Sharks Underwater Grill. We really enjoyed ourselves. We had a nice meal and good service. I think you will like it.

Some of those Ghost Walks and Haunted Houses are the best. Look forward to your report on those if you go.

My hubby is not a big fan of those walks and houses, but my younger sister K is always game as she loves Halloween as much as I do.

The start of your trip will be here before you know it.

:welcome: along Robbie.......you`re always welcome.......

Yes, I think we have some nice things on the cards this trip, and we are excited for them, especially the new ones.

I did like the idea of the ghost walk, but thinking about the heat and MD is quite hilly, so the house appealed more. Halloween is much more fun in the States!!

And yes, we`re hearing good things about Sharks Grill.

Glad to see you here Robbie......:wave2:

I've been very MIA on the boards... some people here can attest to that :rotfl: But I always enjoy your reports! The Donnelly house sounds fun! Also September is a good month, we'll be celebrating our 5 year anniversary. Congratulations to you and Tom!

:welcome: amalone1013........:-)

lol....glad you made it back and happy to hear you enjoy reading along, I`m glad you`re posting!!

Another September anniversary!!! Congratulations to you too.......we celebrated every anniversary as each one is special......hope you have a lovely anniversary too.

And hope you enjoy this one too, good to see you here.......:wave2:

Those sleeps are just flying by...you will be jumping into the car service vehicle before you know it!

The Ghost Tour is a bargain for sure, and does sound like a lot of fun!
You will have to give us all the details, including Tom's enjoyment of the evening :D

I just read Universal will have a Classic Monsters photo experience for all hotel guests, located at Cabana Bay.
I am hoping you will go over and grab some photos, even if Cabana Bay isn't your cup of tea :cutie:

Can`t wait Maria.....

I think Tom will enjoy it once he is there, as long as it`s not too far fetched, he`ll get a good giggle out of it.

lol......

i-xF9V7q4-S.gif

I can`t see us going over there even for that.....but, you never know......😉

The ghost tour sounds like a lot of fun! Several years ago the 5 of us did a ghost walking tour at night in Colonial Williamsburg. Spooky for sure!!!! We loved it.
It really does!

Anything spooky sounds good to me.....I love getting a good scare!!! And that does a good walking tour.

We did one in a city called York several years back.....we were unlucky and got the guide who wasn`t very enthused about the whole thing......but I`d give it another try if we were up there again.

Ohhhh, 3 more weeks! Yeah!
It's fun waiting along with you and cant wait for the report.
The haunted house sounds like a lot of fun too. I have gone on haunted tours in Charleston, a graveyard tour. No ghosts, LOL, but was spooky.
We also toured Middleton Plantation in Charleston, and for some reason, I had an experience in the remaining part of the house. The main house was burned down during the Civil War but they left the side extensions for the family. While upstairs in a bedroom that had glass encased artifacts, and portraits of the owners, I had an experience. I looked at the master/owners portrait and immediately got sick and shaky and scared. I just felt like I had to get out of there quickly. I took off down the stairs and over to the slave quarters and sat down for a while. My friends found me out there. I don't know what happened, but it was intense. I've never had anything like that happen before, so maybe I was just getting sick? But I didn't get sick and it lasted about a half hour or so. Just weird. I've never had anything like that happen before. It wasn't supposed to be a haunted house. And the graveyard tour didn't bother me at all. Still a mystery, but I know I don't want that feeling again.

Heck!!!

There was definitely something going on spooky there for sure. When you know what kind of people they might have been back then, Plantations could be horrible places. I`m sure some evil could live on.

Hope you felt ok as soon as you were out of there......

Yes, it`s getting there with the countdown!!

It really does!

Anything spooky sounds good to me.....I love getting a good scare!!! And that does a good walking tour.

We did one in a city called York several years back.....we were unlucky and got the guide who wasn`t very enthused about the whole thing......but I`d give it another try if we were up there again.
I love a good spooky scare too.

Heck!!!

There was definitely something going on spooky there for sure. When you know what kind of people they might have been back then, Plantations could be horrible places. I`m sure some evil could live on.

Hope you felt ok as soon as you were out of there......

Yes, it`s getting there with the countdown!!
Yea, it was really scary. I had no control over my reactions, just get out of there ASAP. That had never happened before and since.
I've never told that experience before, and don't know why I did?
I only go to spooky places with my old girlfriends who love that kind of stuff (haunted houses, grave sites, tours). I was with that group then and no one else had that happen.
BTW, the slave quarters just made me feel very sad. They had the original poster which said what each slave was worth to the master. for example, a house maid was worth 75 cents a day and a young strong male was worth 1 dollar or so a day. (those aren't the exact prices cause I can't remember) but it was very disheartening and sad to think that happened in the deep South back then.

It did take a while to feel normal again. I was shaky for a while, but it took about 20 or 30 minutes I guess.

Just getting caught up! Getting so close for you. A few things popped into my head as I read through.

1660187055060.gifI did see Geaorge Michael in concert (in his Wham days) with the Pointer Sisters. I won’t post the pre-concert picture here that my sister uses on Facebook to tweak at my brother lol. Must have been 37 or 38 years ago!

We never wanted to go to Busch Gardens so wouldn`t have travelled down for any event, but this is handy, despite it being in SW I think we`ll love it.

We know a few folks who went to the one in Orlando last year and all said good things about it, so yes, we`re looking forward to it.
We went to Animal Kingdom when it first opened and our daughter was 12. She wanted to know why we brought her to a zoo as there weren’t too many typical rides open. We then went to Busch Gardens and she said - you brought us to another zoo 😂

Hope you enjoy HHN! I cannot watch any of those. When I was around 10 we went to the drive-in for a dusk to dawn classic horror movie night. My parents tucked us in to the back of the van. My eldest brother was there with his friends. He snuck open the back door of the van and when Dracula went in for the bite he grabbed my neck. My Mom almost wrung his neck! I see that fake fog rolling in and I am out of there!

Yea, it was really scary. I had no control over my reactions, just get out of there ASAP. That had never happened before and since.
I've never told that experience before, and don't know why I did?
I only go to spooky places with my old girlfriends who love that kind of stuff (haunted houses, grave sites, tours). I was with that group then and no one else had that happen.
BTW, the slave quarters just made me feel very sad. They had the original poster which said what each slave was worth to the master. for example, a house maid was worth 75 cents a day and a young strong male was worth 1 dollar or so a day. (those aren't the exact prices cause I can't remember) but it was very disheartening and sad to think that happened in the deep South back then.

It did take a while to feel normal again. I was shaky for a while, but it took about 20 or 30 minutes I guess.

Some history is just horrific. I was surprised to hear recently some folks want to have weddings in these old plantations.....given the history it wouldn`t be somewhere I`d choose regardless of how beautiful these places can be.

Oh I agree, out of all my groups of friends, not all of them enjoy this sort of thing, and one or two are positively spooked out by it all. And digging deeper there`s usually a reason for that that involves paranormal issues somewhere. They won`t speak of it though....although one will talk till the cows come home about her experiences with ghosts and spooks.....lol......I swear this lady could meet a spook almost everywhere she goes!! hmm.

That must have been unsettling though feeling such emotion in that situation. I`m glad you shared what happened though as many do have occurrences like that but don`t speak of it :flower3:

Just getting caught up! Getting so close for you. A few things popped into my head as I read through.

View attachment 692652I did see Geaorge Michael in concert (in his Wham days) with the Pointer Sisters. I won’t post the pre-concert picture here that my sister uses on Facebook to tweak at my brother lol. Must have been 37 or 38 years ago!

We went to Animal Kingdom when it first opened and our daughter was 12. She wanted to know why we brought her to a zoo as there weren’t too many typical rides open. We then went to Busch Gardens and she said - you brought us to another zoo 😂

Hope you enjoy HHN! I cannot watch any of those. When I was around 10 we went to the drive-in for a dusk to dawn classic horror movie night. My parents tucked us in to the back of the van. My eldest brother was there with his friends. He snuck open the back door of the van and when Dracula went in for the bite he grabbed my neck. My Mom almost wrung his neck! I see that fake fog rolling in and I am out of there!

lol.....when you hear how many years ago it was they were at their peak....it is truly terrifying!!!

I only saw them at Live Aid in 1985, but would loved to have seen them on their own in concert. No one would go with me when they had a gig in Glasgow.....lol......they were quite the showmen though! And George was so easy on the eye....🥰..

Oh lordy......lol.....your daughters zoo thoughts are funny.....and not completely wrong.......lol......

I`m laughing at your brother!!!! That is a hoot.......not for you though and I can imagine your mother`s horror at what he did....but so funny to others!! Yes, I can see why horror things aren`t for you given that incident......::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter