Happy Anni-birth-aversary...A 33 night Celebration & HHN too.....SF & RPR September 2022 TR

Another great trip report comes to an end! Thank you for sharing and taking us along with you❤️

Thank you so much Andrea, it`s a pleasure and always lovely to see you post, I`m so glad you enjoyed it and thank you for your lovely comments along the way.

Have you any new travel plans in place for this year yet??

Thank you so much Andrea, it`s a pleasure and always lovely to see you post, I`m so glad you enjoyed it and thank you for your lovely comments along the way.

Have you any new travel plans in place for this year yet??
None set in stone, although I’m sure we will be back in Orlando sometime in the next year. Now that the kids are grown, they don’t particularly want to visit theme parks with old mom and dad🤣

Carole I was just wondering if there’s a reason you fly Virgin from Manchester? I know you mentioned you have a 3hr car ride home so I was wondering if Manchester is your closest airport or is it that you like it better for some reason. My daughter possibly looking at Virgin flights for 2024 and will have to fly from here to connect with Virgin in the Uk as she wants to use points. Just wondering if Manchester is better than London for any reason? She’s only at the research stage so open to suggestions.

None set in stone, although I’m sure we will be back in Orlando sometime in the next year. Now that the kids are grown, they don’t particularly want to visit theme parks with old mom and dad🤣

lol……they’ll come back for a trip in the future……I guarantee it!!!

Two of my friends would love their adult kids to travel to Florida with them, some wish their adult kids wouldn’t still go with them lol…..but they enjoy it really!!

One of the biggest pleasures is when adult kids do want to travel with us……we definitely enjoy it!

But, look forward to hearing about any plans you do have, it’s nice to be impulsive at times……..:)

Carole I was just wondering if there’s a reason you fly Virgin from Manchester? I know you mentioned you have a 3hr car ride home so I was wondering if Manchester is your closest airport or is it that you like it better for some reason. My daughter possibly looking at Virgin flights for 2024 and will have to fly from here to connect with Virgin in the Uk as she wants to use points. Just wondering if Manchester is better than London for any reason? She’s only at the research stage so open to suggestions.

We just prefer it to be honest.

Heathrow is fine, we enjoyed flying from there, but Orlando flight times at Manchester usually suit us better too and MAN is easier to navigate too, especially changing planes and possible terminals.

Although tell her to carefully check prices, friends of ours often find LHR cheaper at times with VA.

I think your daughter would be happy with either airport.,

We just prefer it to be honest.

Heathrow is fine, we enjoyed flying from there, but Orlando flight times at Manchester usually suit us better too and MAN is easier to navigate too, especially changing planes and possible terminals.

Although tell her to carefully check prices, friends of ours often find LHR cheaper at times with VA.

I think your daughter would be happy with either airport.,
Thank you Carole. I will be sure to tell her to check prices for the various airports. Virgin used to fly direct from Belfast over the summer but that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore so she will have to weigh her options carefully taking in adding on flights from here versus Aer Lingus from dublin etc. VA is our favourite airline so we usually try to use them. I really do think their crew and planes are a cut above the rest.

Thank you Carole. I will be sure to tell her to check prices for the various airports. Virgin used to fly direct from Belfast over the summer but that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore so she will have to weigh her options carefully taking in adding on flights from here versus Aer Lingus from dublin etc. VA is our favourite airline so we usually try to use them. I really do think their crew and planes are a cut above the rest.

Yep, VA are the best. We`ve never flow AL, we did look at them last year, but so many folks spoke of their flights being cancelled last minute, so we excluded them.

BA are good for internal flights, but not for American flights for us....don`t get me wrong out flights with BA were ok, but not as good as VA.

I think VA have cut flights from several more local airports, such a shame as they are so many of our friends first choice.

Hope your daughter manages to get something to suit her. Flight prices can be scary now.

How lovely to head home in upper class! Looking forward to your next trip!

Thank you Minnie…..it was a nice treat!

Can‘t actually believe it’s now 9 weeks till we get back to Orlando……:cheer2:

And thank you for joining us along the way, always enjoy seeing your posts along the way….hope you’re doing well….:wave2:

I`m glad I remembered correctly!

Oh please do the Ghost Tour if you can, we`d love to do one, but we never seem to get around to staying overnight and do it. The lighthouse is also somewhere we`ve never visited, but everyone says it`s a must see.

It sounds like you`ll have a lovely trip there with some fun plans, and reading, relaxing and lounging for some of the time sounds perfect. And so many lovely food options there too.

Come back and let us know how it went, but hope you both have an absolute blast :hug:
Carole, may I trouble you again to ask your first choices for food in St. Augustine? :)

Truer words were never spoken! Or written for that matter :rotfl: Flight prices are shocking atm. Hoping they will become slightly easier in 2024 but not holding out much hope 🤞

Our flights for this upcoming trip were eyewateringly high to be honest, but not much we can do about it if we want to go. Nov/Dec were more than we would usually pay too, but again, it is what it is......so much for long haul flight prices coming down!! And these flights are filling up so fast, so there`s still folks prepared to pay the prices.

But, hopefully by the time your daughter goes, it`ll be slightly more reasonable.

Carole - I’m sure I speak for most here, following along was such a pleasure.

View attachment 739779

thank you for another wonderful trip report:flower1:.

have you come up with the title for the next one yet?

Thank you Janet....very kind words.

lol.....Kyle asked me a few weeks ago if I had thought about titles.....maybe I should!!

And it was nice having you and your mister being part of the trip too, we still talk of our Howl o Scream night and dinner beforehand as being one of the highlights of our trip.

Thank you again, I`m so glad you enjoyed it as always....... :wave2:

Carole, may I trouble you again to ask your first choices for food in St. Augustine? :)

Absolutely!!!

We don`t have a huge amount of places we`ve eaten in as we visited most places twice......we are creatures of habit!

Harry`s Seafood Bar & Grille, it`s on Avenida Menendez opposite the Bridge of Lions, this place is beautiful and food is outstanding. They have indoor and outdoor seating and it looks like it would be gorgeous to sit out in the evenings there.

Prohibition Kitchen on St George St. A 1920`s style gastro pub. We only had dessert there and next time we went back they were closed for some reason or another, but so many folks we know love it. Food did look very good.

Pizza Time, again on St George St. It has the claim of having the second best pizza in America. I don`t know about that, but it was exceptionally good! Some days the line to get in is right back down the street.

Florida Cracker Cafe, further up St George St. Hands down the best spicy fries I`ve ever eaten and the seafood was pretty darn good too. Small place, but ever so nice.

OC White`s Seafood and Spirits.....again, gorgeous for seafood. It`s on Avenida Menendez too. We sat upstairs overlooking the sea.

Sangria Wine and Tapas Bar on St George St. We haven`t eaten here, but stopped in for a drink and everything we saw served up looked lovely.

Maple Street Biscuit Company is on Cordova Street.....again, we haven`t been there ourselves, but friends whose opinion we value said it`s exceptional!! Must make a visit sometime.

Hope that helps a little.....there are loads more places over the Bridge of Lions, we do keep meaning to drive over as we have a few ideas of places we like the look of. If you do venture over that way and find somewhere, let us know.......

And happy to help if I can anytime Cara....... :wave2:

Absolutely!!!

We don`t have a huge amount of places we`ve eaten in as we visited most places twice......we are creatures of habit!

Harry`s Seafood Bar & Grille, it`s on Avenida Menendez opposite the Bridge of Lions, this place is beautiful and food is outstanding. They have indoor and outdoor seating and it looks like it would be gorgeous to sit out in the evenings there.

Prohibition Kitchen on St George St. A 1920`s style gastro pub. We only had dessert there and next time we went back they were closed for some reason or another, but so many folks we know love it. Food did look very good.

Pizza Time, again on St George St. It has the claim of having the second best pizza in America. I don`t know about that, but it was exceptionally good! Some days the line to get in is right back down the street.

Florida Cracker Cafe, further up St George St. Hands down the best spicy fries I`ve ever eaten and the seafood was pretty darn good too. Small place, but ever so nice.

OC White`s Seafood and Spirits.....again, gorgeous for seafood. It`s on Avenida Menendez too. We sat upstairs overlooking the sea.

Sangria Wine and Tapas Bar on St George St. We haven`t eaten here, but stopped in for a drink and everything we saw served up looked lovely.

Maple Street Biscuit Company is on Cordova Street.....again, we haven`t been there ourselves, but friends whose opinion we value said it`s exceptional!! Must make a visit sometime.

Hope that helps a little.....there are loads more places over the Bridge of Lions, we do keep meaning to drive over as we have a few ideas of places we like the look of. If you do venture over that way and find somewhere, let us know.......

And happy to help if I can anytime Cara....... :wave2:
Lovely suggestions that are now on my list! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter