Happy Anni-birth-aversary...A 33 night Celebration & HHN too.....SF & RPR September 2022 TR

Yay for new things Carole!
I will look forward to hearing the reviews.
We are not much for the magical dining either, however, we were so happy with it at Jaleo in DS, it was amazing for the price! We loved it 😊

Yay for new things Carole!
I will look forward to hearing the reviews.
We are not much for the magical dining either, however, we were so happy with it at Jaleo in DS, it was amazing for the price! We loved it 😊

Yes, we`re excited to do Howl O Scream for the first time......we will certainly review it in great detail!!!

I have heard good things about some places with MD, tend to be onsite for some reason. But, so many restaurants don`t like it, but maybe feel they have to. I`ll certainly avoid most places that offer it if we can on busy nights.

Glad you enjoyed your experience though with it, Jaleo does get good reviews in general I think....as you can imagine, we`ve never been......lol......

Well the Scream O'Howl sounds like it would be a good addition for your trip. I always wondered why you didn't go to it. It will be interesting to hear how you like it.

All caught up again. What is your count down at now?

Well the Scream O'Howl sounds like it would be a good addition for your trip. I always wondered why you didn't go to it. It will be interesting to hear how you like it.

All caught up again. What is your count down at now?

Honestly, we never wanted to go down to Busch Gardens before, so never considered it really, but SW is so handy.

23 sleeps till our overnight at the airport hotel…….which makes…..24 sleeps till we fly…… :thumbsup2

Honestly, we never wanted to go down to Busch Gardens
the drive on I4 has been a real nightmare the last few few times we’ve made the trek, including off peak hours both north/south (or should i say east/west)?.

a guaranteed hassle for a solid 30 - 45 min past the champions gate exit heading south.

Nature of the beast I guess, as it’s it’s becoming so built up in that area now. :confused3 . I feel for the locals, especially when they can’t skirt around it in some sections.

the drive on I4 has been a real nightmare the last few few times we’ve made the trek, including off peak hours both north/south (or should i say east/west)?.

a guaranteed hassle for a solid 30 - 45 min past the champions gate exit heading south.

Nature of the beast I guess, as it’s it’s becoming so built up in that area now. :confused3 . I feel for the locals, especially when they can’t skirt around it in some sections.

Oh yes, the last time we went to Clearwater it was the Championsgate area that caused the issues too, that whole area is a nightmare. We know many who live there and travelling to Universal can be trying to say the least for them.

Yep, no avoiding it for some.

We do say North/South and are always being corrected........lol....

Yes, we`re excited to do Howl O Scream for the first time......we will certainly review it in great detail!!!

I have heard good things about some places with MD, tend to be onsite for some reason. But, so many restaurants don`t like it, but maybe feel they have to. I`ll certainly avoid most places that offer it if we can on busy nights.

Glad you enjoyed your experience though with it, Jaleo does get good reviews in general I think....as you can imagine, we`ve never been......lol......
I’ve been to four Jaleo locations, three in the DC area and the one in DS. The original location is one of my all-time favorite restaurants. I’ve enjoyed several great meals there. Maybe they were having a bad night, or maybe my expectations were too high, but the location in DS was not so great.

Since our last trip, these weeks have just flown past and all of a sudden we have 5 short weeks to go till we get back to our favourite home away from home
It's so close!
and our first HHN in 3 years, but we are also celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary on September 5th 🥂 🍾
Aw I'm glad you get to come back to HHN & happy anniversary!

Our anniversary is September 1st! :rotfl:
But, this year it`s back and although there seems to be a lot of folks not impressed....I think it looks fabulous!!! Hearing the description of the houses, I think they sound good....well, except for the rumoured Bug house which I might avoid like the preverbial plague! Not a huge fan of bugs of any kind.......but, I will do it at least once.
Yes it all looks amazing! I hate bugs too so maybe that'll be the scariest house :rotfl:
We do add on the Express Pass as we would never do the event without it. Once upon a time there were quiet nights, but over the last years there is no such thing. Maybe quieter.....but not quiet.
Absolutely! Once you get EP there's no going back lol
And of course they changed too that in the new movies insisting Laurie Strode was not his sister......that made me mad as that was the whole point of the darn movie!!
So I finally sat down and watched all the Halloween movies last year, and I was so confused how in some she was his sister and in others she wasn't. I know they weren't all made at the same time or by the same people, but it seems like such a weird/important thing to change. & while I do like the newer ones it seems weird he'd just go after a random woman who escaped him and had no other relation to him at all.
We went to the cinema 2 weeks ago to see The Black Phone and although it didn`t scare me, nor did it have any really terrifying moments in it, it was still a decent film. However, you could see throughout the film where it would make a great house for HHN......black balloons and that mask are two to begin with.
Yes! It wasn't really a scary movie, but I did see how the visuals could easily be used in a haunted house so I'm excited for that.
Freaky is a film we haven`t seen and probably won`t get to see it before HHN, but think Freaky Friday on scary steroids!!
I might rewatch it before I go but I remember not really liking Freaky that much, but I'm interested to see what they do with it.
Reading about the house and his music, I am now excited about this house, well, maybe looking forward to it more than I was initially.
The description of it sounded really good to me too. I wasn't quite sure how they were going to work his music into a house, and I think what they came up with sounds really cool.
Our latest addition to our plans is something rather new to us, and it`s the Howl O Scream event at SeaWorld.
Ooo I can't wait to hear about it! We almost went last year, but then Josh had to leave early and we decided not to go this year since I didn't want to lose any nights at HHN but it sounds like they do a good job.

I’ve been to four Jaleo locations, three in the DC area and the one in DS. The original location is one of my all-time favorite restaurants. I’ve enjoyed several great meals there. Maybe they were having a bad night, or maybe my expectations were too high, but the location in DS was not so great.

I hate when that happens.....you find somewhere nice, then go to and then you go to another and it disappoints.

I doubt we`ll go back to DS, nothing there really catches our eye apart from Boathouse which we did like and Morimoto Asia, but we can get similar elsewhere so probably won`t bother.

It's so close!

Aw I'm glad you get to come back to HHN & happy anniversary!

Our anniversary is September 1st! :rotfl:

Yes it all looks amazing! I hate bugs too so maybe that'll be the scariest house :rotfl:

Absolutely! Once you get EP there's no going back lol

So I finally sat down and watched all the Halloween movies last year, and I was so confused how in some she was his sister and in others she wasn't. I know they weren't all made at the same time or by the same people, but it seems like such a weird/important thing to change. & while I do like the newer ones it seems weird he'd just go after a random woman who escaped him and had no other relation to him at all.

Yes! It wasn't really a scary movie, but I did see how the visuals could easily be used in a haunted house so I'm excited for that.

I might rewatch it before I go but I remember not really liking Freaky that much, but I'm interested to see what they do with it.

The description of it sounded really good to me too. I wasn't quite sure how they were going to work his music into a house, and I think what they came up with sounds really cool.

Ooo I can't wait to hear about it! We almost went last year, but then Josh had to leave early and we decided not to go this year since I didn't want to lose any nights at HHN but it sounds like they do a good job.

:welcome: along Raeven.......

You`re September 1st!!! Nice.....it`s always nice to celebrate, have you got any plans for that yet?

I`ve been hearing about that bug house.....I think I may give it a pass altogether, but the curious person in me doesn`t want to miss it......it might be fabulous....lol......

The newer movies are still made by the original production team with Malek Akkad taking over from his father who did the originals, and Blumhouse which is why I had faith in them, but yes, they changed it for no reason as to them being brother and sister......pissed me off no end I can tell you......lol......I will watch the final one, but hope they leave it alone after that. But, I`m hoping the house will be as good as the very first Halloween house in 2014 which was so much better than the second one they did.

I think I remember you mentioning wanting to go to HoS......oh absolutely.....will be over the moon to report back on it.......

Glad to see you here and yes....we are so close now....:wave2:

Woo Hoo! 5 weeks to go for us also

Not quite 30 years but we will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary as well, you definitely get the gold medal there :)

Looking forward to seeing you both again!

:welcome: back Matt!!!!

Wondered where you were..........:thumbsup2

10 years is something to celebrate for sure!!! Are you and Rob planning anything special.....well apart from getting back to Orlando.....which is celebration enough after all this time of enforced absence from the USA!!

I think you said you were at RP again too???

Oh we are so looking forward to seeing you both again......it`s been ages!!

Glad to see you post and big hugs to you both and puppy dog too of course who won`t be a puppy at all now of course.........:dog:

:welcome: along Raeven.......

You`re September 1st!!! Nice.....it`s always nice to celebrate, have you got any plans for that yet?

I`ve been hearing about that bug house.....I think I may give it a pass altogether, but the curious person in me doesn`t want to miss it......it might be fabulous....lol......

The newer movies are still made by the original production team with Malek Akkad taking over from his father who did the originals, and Blumhouse which is why I had faith in them, but yes, they changed it for no reason as to them being brother and sister......pissed me off no end I can tell you......lol......I will watch the final one, but hope they leave it alone after that. But, I`m hoping the house will be as good as the very first Halloween house in 2014 which was so much better than the second one they did.

I think I remember you mentioning wanting to go to HoS......oh absolutely.....will be over the moon to report back on it.......

Glad to see you here and yes....we are so close now....:wave2:
We usually just do dinner and count the trip as part of our celebrations :rotfl:

I think I went the year the did Halloween 2. I like that movie a lot, but don’t remember liking the house that much.

We usually just do dinner and count the trip as part of our celebrations :rotfl:

I think I went the year the did Halloween 2. I like that movie a lot, but don’t remember liking the house that much.

Perfect celebration for us too.......

Yes, it wasn`t the best film to make a house out of. It was just ok...lots of Michael`s around but not as well themed as the first.

I have serious high hopes for this house :worship:.....hope I`m not disappointed!!!! Along with thousands of others looking forward to this one!!

Ahhh the perk of a busy summer is that there's a new Carole PTR waiting for me! Woohoo! Look forward to living through you vicariously once more :) We're still tentatively planning on a Feb/23 trip but our children were bickering nonstop on our trip to Canada's Wonderland so DH has sworn off travelling with them for awhile lol.

Ahhh the perk of a busy summer is that there's a new Carole PTR waiting for me! Woohoo! Look forward to living through you vicariously once more :) We're still tentatively planning on a Feb/23 trip but our children were bickering nonstop on our trip to Canada's Wonderland so DH has sworn off travelling with them for awhile lol.

And a :welcome: back to you musika.......:-)

Yep, couldn`t wait to start this one....first September since 2019, so we are excited!!!

lol.....oh dear......I have no clue how long a journey that would have been for you....but bickering in the car would not be fun!!

Will keep fingers crossed that February works out for you all.....would love to hear you get sorted soon for that trip.

Good to see you on this one too.......:wave2:

21 SLEEPS TO GO

Not quite 3 weeks till we fly, that`s tomorrow.....but 3 weeks from today we`ll be at The Radisson up in Manchester for our overnight, something we very much enjoy, and I think this time will be more relaxed than we were in November as we have no need for a Covid test before we can fly this time......thank goodness!!! Our stress levels were through the roof that day waiting for those negative results.

So, this time we can really take our time and enjoy some lunch, then some relaxation for the rest of the day.

We have been looking to do a few things that are new to us so, one of our friends out in Orlando recently made a suggestion to me and I thought........... that sounds like fun!!!

Mount Dora Ghost Tours.

They offer a few different options and they all sounded good. One was a 1 hour 45 minute walking tour of all the haunted pats of Mount Dora, the other was a Haunted Pub Crawl, which yes, I have to admit did tempt us for a hot minute 🍹.....but Tom would be driving, so not drinking for him!!

There was another option and it was to visit the most haunted house in Mount Dora.....The Donnelly House.

cv75-M.jpg

This house is one we have passed several times wandering round Mount Dora, I had no clue what it was or that it was part of a haunted experience, but always thought it looked a little creepy and was sure it had some history to it.

It`s not as old as I thought it was going to be, built in 1893 by a Pittsburgh native, John Donnelly, for his wife Annie and he was one of the Yacht Club Founders and became the city`s first Mayor in 1910.

This is from the blurb on the website.

"A paranormal experience like no other awaits you in The Donnelly House. Spend two hours in the eerie Steamboat Gothic Victorian style home, built in 1893.

Once inside the haunted house you will become the ghost hunters as you search for “paranormal anomalies” and seek the ghost of Annie Donnelly using high tech equipment"

I adore the paranormal, ghost hunts, Clairvoyants, haunted castles in the UK and anything else remotely spooky, so this sounded wonderful to me......I know it`s set up of course, but it`ll still be enjoyable.....I hope!

Tom?????

He had a rather pained expression suggesting he`d rather have his hair permed and coloured blue!!

i-QmB2XR2-S.gif

Hmmm. Not something he ever indulges in and gives me a rather quizical look when ever I mention the paranormal......he`s the cynical one if you haven`t guessed already.

We did once stay in an extremely haunted pub/hotel many years ago.....I felt it was very eerie for no discernible reason other than it just had a weird feel in certain parts of the hotel and our suite, the bathroom in particular was cool despite the heat being on full. Turns out the bathroom had been where the gallows had been sited many years before. We didn`t hear or see anything paranormal or ghost like to be truthful, it was just an intense feeling of something horrible. Tom did admit later he felt something......might have been me attached to his back all night.......:rotfl:

Although it was a beautiful place with lovely food, I wouldn`t go back because it was a sad eerie feeling, not a spooky eerie that I love so much. Tom simply stated he wouldn`t go back because the bathroom was cold......:duck:

But, this Mount Dora event sounds cool......I think we`ll get a lot of fun out of it.....well, I will and Tom will probably get a lot of fun out of watching me!!

It`s an absolute bargain at $34 each, so it`s something else new to us, it`s only on weekends, so we`ll do it on a Saturday when we don`t usually go to HHN`s anyway.

I think we may eat dinner in Mount Dora that evening before the event itself just for convenience and there are plenty of options to choose from, so we won`t starve.

Now to look at food options.......:scratchin

$34 for a ghost tour is a SUPER GREAT DEAL! Enjoy it!

That`s what we thought.....it`s an absolute bargain.......I believe it was originally $45 but they had an offer when I looked at it. Would still have thought the original price was decent too.

Our friend said they have done it and really enjoyed it, so I think it`ll be a hoot!!

Just finished catching up. I’am a little late to the party, but so glad you have started your new trip report.

Sounds like you have some very nice plans for things to do while on your trip.

I took the grandchildren to Sea World many moons ago and we had a meal at Sharks Underwater Grill. We really enjoyed ourselves. We had a nice meal and good service. I think you will like it.

I adore the paranormal, ghost hunts, Clairvoyants, haunted castles in the UK and anything else remotely spooky, so this sounded wonderful to me......I know it`s set up of course, but it`ll still be enjoyable.....I hope!

Tom?????

He had a rather pained expression suggesting he`d rather have his hair permed and coloured blue!!

Some of those Ghost Walks and Haunted Houses are the best. Look forward to your report on those if you go.

My hubby is not a big fan of those walks and houses, but my younger sister K is always game as she loves Halloween as much as I do.

The start of your trip will be here before you know it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter