Happy 4th of July

OrlandoMike

<font color=red>all I can say is beer hurts when i
Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July!

Let's try to remember one thing today........

Today, we are all, gay, straight, republican, democrat........

We are all AMERICANS!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! :bday:

OrlandoMike said:
We are all AMERICANS!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! :bday:

well... except maybe those that live in other countries... but still, they can celebrate our 4th with us too - right?!!! :goodvibes

We are thinking about heading down to the waterside to watch the fireworks tonight; however, just thinking about the crowd... :crowded: but I guess I better get prepared since we are planning to go to WDW on NYE!

Anyway, thanks Mike and hope you have a great 4th as well!

Watched the shuttle as it ascended (from my home, didn't go to the coast). It was really incredible.

Had some family over for the absolute best ribs. My partner really does them to perfection. Hot enough for everyone to get in the pool, but the rain kept interfering. Not that there was much, but the timing was lousy!

It was a pleasant day overall, and now we're whining because we have to go to work tomorrow! :sad2:

DVC~OKW~96 said:
Watched the shuttle as it ascended (from my home, didn't go to the coast). It was really incredible.

Had some family over for the absolute best ribs. My partner really does them to perfection. Hot enough for everyone to get in the pool, but the rain kept interfering. Not that there was much, but the timing was lousy!

It was a pleasant day overall, and now we're whining because we have to go to work tomorrow! :sad2:

Sounds like a good 4th!

We just ended up going to see the Devil Wears Prada (funny stuff). Of course I parked on the upper deck of the parking garage and the timing was almost perfect. We came out of the theater, and out to the parking decks and sat in the back of the truck and were able to watch the fireworks! It sure beat fighting the crowds down at the waterfront!

No ribs though... just popcorn... popcorn::

Hope everyone had a good, safe one!

Tell me about the Devil Wears Prada! We don't often go to the cinema (neither one of us sits still to well) but we'll go if the film is "really good." How do we know that before we go? Recommendations of course!

So, funny. Good. Plot? Good? Acting? Good? Meryl Streep? Still good?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, USA!!!!!!
We were at Firecracker Beach in Westport Washington and the do-it-yourself fireworks displays went on all night. Too Cool! The next day, we went ocean fishing and that too was great although chilly :cold: . We caught three 10+lb, salmon and they were the smallest fish taken all day. The bait we were using was about the same size as most of the trout I've ever caught around here.
I'm back home and the menfolk oughta roll in sometime next week from the great northwest-sightseeing-college-friends-and-family-visiting-epic-roadtrip.
_____
p.s. -- read The Devil Wears Prada book a couple years ago and the movie trailer has kinda scared me off. The touching moment where Meryl tells her asst. "You remind me very much of myself when I was your age" and then the shot of the rolled eyes and knowing smile... In the book, that lady was ONE BAD BE-ATCH with absolutely NO twinkle in the eye. EVER. Very funny, very dark book with a little warning about losing yourself to garner others' approval. I too am curious what others think of the movie.

Unfortunately after hitting the gym for a 4th of July spinning class I got very sick and began to find out that my blood pressure was way out of control (190/100). So I made it to the doc today, got put on a new med and prelimary results look good. 4th of July fesitivities were a wash this year, but it looks like I may live to see anohter.

TuckandStuiesMom said:
p.s. -- read The Devil Wears Prada book a couple years ago and the movie trailer has kinda scared me off. The touching moment where Meryl tells her asst. "You remind me very much of myself when I was your age" and then the shot of the rolled eyes and knowing smile... In the book, that lady was ONE BAD BE-ATCH with absolutely NO twinkle in the eye. EVER. Very funny, very dark book with a little warning about losing yourself to garner others' approval. I too am curious what others think of the movie.
We saw the movie last week and haven't read the book (but I had read in a review that the director 'humanized' Miranda a little). Having not read the book, I still got the message about not losing your values to please others. I enjoyed the movie and thought Meryl did a great job. The devil takes many shapes and I could see in that particular scene, almost an invitation (with a winking nod) to become 'one of us'. Esp. with the following line, something like 'Everyone wants to be us' said without a hint of irony. That was fine acting. And Anne Hathaway is just so beautiful!!! And I always enjoy Stanley Tucci.

Viki said:
Unfortunately after hitting the gym for a 4th of July spinning class I got very sick and began to find out that my blood pressure was way out of control (190/100). So I made it to the doc today, got put on a new med and prelimary results look good. 4th of July fesitivities were a wash this year, but it looks like I may live to see another.

That must have been scary -- but it sounds like the Dr.'s news was good. Do you have a blood pressure cuff so you can self-monitor? Two folks near and dear to me, struggle with this problem. It can really help prevent your BP from getting so bad that you actually feel crummy ... and it gives you (well -- has given them, at least) a sense of control.

Get feeling better!

TuckandStuiesMom said:
That must have been scary -- but it sounds like the Dr.'s news was good. Do you have a blood pressure cuff so you can self-monitor? Two folks near and dear to me, struggle with this problem. It can really help prevent your BP from getting so bad that you actually feel crummy ... and it gives you (well -- has given them, at least) a sense of control.

Get feeling better!

Yes, thank you for asking, I do have my own cuff, that's initially - aside from a familiar pounding pressure in my head - how I knew how bad it was. The doc and I were both glad I made it in yesterday and it looks like the new med is working, at least the numbers are down to 150/95, not good, but not immedidately strokesville!!!

Jaysus Viki, be careful will ya'? {{{{hugs}}}} Get some rest, and lay off the salt, right?

Viki said:
Unfortunately after hitting the gym for a 4th of July spinning class I got very sick and began to find out that my blood pressure was way out of control (190/100). So I made it to the doc today, got put on a new med and prelimary results look good. 4th of July fesitivities were a wash this year, but it looks like I may live to see anohter.

Viki - I'm glad you got to the doctor's right away and hopefully have it under control ... we need you around to keep us all in line! Please make sure you are in good shape before you head down in August - between the heat, the rides and your anniversary you don't want to take any chances. Stay healthy.

Saxton said:
Viki - I'm glad you got to the doctor's right away and hopefully have it under control ... we need you around to keep us all in line! Please make sure you are in good shape before you head down in August - between the heat, the rides and your anniversary you don't want to take any chances. Stay healthy.

Thanks, guys, I appreciate the support. This came up all of a sudden; it's a bit of a surprise. I think the new med is good, but not the right dose yet. I promise I'll stay on top of it. In fact I'm off to see another doc today.

I've always said exercise is a dangerous thing. I try to avoid it at all costs. :-) Seriously, glad you're ok - and it points out such an important issue here... Do you know what your health REALLY is? All these underlying conditions we hear about that have resulted in amusement park deaths...scary. Never take anything for granted. One of my close friends who has had HIV for nearly 15 years teetering on AIDS, just found out he has stage 4 hodgkins. Routine medical care missed the cancer until it reached stage 4! Distressing.

The only spinning I've ever done is on a big wheel with cotton thread, and on the dance floor in Paradise Chicago to "You Spin Me Round". Ah..now THAT was a danceclub. Try not to date me on THAT one. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter