Happily Ever After Begins Here -- An Oct. 2012 TR Updated! 11/17!

Thanks for joining in! I use mostly natural light, also. At night, I would use a wide open aperture and push the ISO a bit. Or put it on a tripod and do a low ISO and long exposure. The only flash pictures are just from this chapter for MNSSHP. The character meets are outdoors and at night. Just an extremely dark situation. The Tremaines photo was at f/2.8, 1/100, ISO 3200, and -1 flash exposure compensation. A higher ISO will bring out the background, in flash photos.

My backup setup isn't exactly portable. But, it's portable enough. We got a netbook (small 10" laptop) that was only $250. It has a built-in card reader. So, that was a bonus. We also bought a portable external hard drive. You want to get the "portable" hard drive, because a "desktop" external hard drive requires a power outlet. The portable ones don't need a power cable. Always make 2 copies. One goes to the portable hard drive, and the other stays on the laptop. The camera card gets erased, since it usually holds one day of photos for me. 24 MP RAW files are HUGE! :eek:

The white part of the shoes felt like it was styrofoam and the rubber just flaked off. Putting the flip flops in the slippers was a great idea. It was still damp out from the afternoon rain. The slippers were soaking up the water, but the flip flops were keeping my feet somewhat dry.

Thank you so much! I have the Nikon D600. For The Seas with Nemo & Friends, I used the 50mm f/1.4. My ISO was set at 6400. Shutter speed was around 1/50 to 1/100, depending on the scene brightness. Crush, in the current, was very dark. We got lucky and the ride just stopped in there. The last part, where the characters are in the aquarium, is much brighter. You could probably lower the ISO at that point.

Don't be discouraged if they come out blurry. It's a moving ride! It takes a bit of practice. That just means you'll have to ride it again and again!

Your 5D can handle dark rides. Especially with the f/1.2! :thumbsup2 And use the f/1.2 at night, you will be surprised.

We were getting quite a bit of attention. Not just from the CMs, but guests too. I was not used to it. A few took pictures of us. But yes, the shoes just set off the costume.

Thanks for your reply! I love all your tips & hearing your photography setup. I also love both your excitement toward Disney! What a fun thread to follow!

I laughed when I saw the photo of Franklin's shoes - I had 80% the sole of my shoe come off on our last trip to WDW - wish I'd seen this TR before that happened, so I would have known what the "in" shoes were :goodvibes

Your dress is adorable - I bet you're glad you both dressed up, now that you've seen how cute the photos came out.

I'll be checking back in for Hallowishes, so I can see what the :wizard: comes up with.

So bummed that we will just miss you in Oct!

I love the costumes! I was thinking about being Minnie myself, & then saw your costume & loved it. What are you dressing up this year as?

I'm glad the eBay person refunded your money. The shoe incident turned out for the best after all. The Mickey shoes made the costume a big hit.

They really did! People kept yelling out to Franklin: "I love your shoes!" Total hit.

Great pics! :)

Thanks! :goodvibes

your costumes turned out really cute! I think that dressing up for MNSSHP just adds another layer to the fun that already exists. It completes ups the amount of interaction with the characters, CMs and other guests! This year will be the first time that I'll be going as part of a pair, so I'm looking forward to our coordinating get-ups :)

It really does! We had so much more fun with the characters and CMs at last year's party than we did the year before.

Can't wait to hear what your plans are for costumes for your party!

LOVE your costumes!! I thought about doing Minnie Mouse myself this year, but I found that Tink costume super cheap and decided to dress Paxton as Peter Pan to have a theme happening instead.

The food at the Plaza looks delicious!

Our plan for the party is to do the princesses & princes first too, since they are more my top priority than the 7 Dwarfs. Do you remember how early you got into line for the Town Square Theater? Trying to come up with a good plan to get a lot of character meets in before the parade & fireworks and while Paxton is still awake!!

Can't wait to see the parade & fireworks photos. I know they will just be amazing!

Ohhhh, post a pic of Tink and mini Peter! I'd love to see! I think we got in line just before 6. Yes, long wait. But I think it helped that we'd run through all the park the night before. So chilling in Town Square Theater didn't feel like wasting ride time. Between 6:15 and 6:30 is when the line exploded exponentially, so I'd say to plan to be in line between 6 and 6:15.

The parade and fireworks photos are some of the best Franklin has ever taken!

Your costumes are SO cute! You look great!!! I have yet to be organized enough to pack my regular clothes much in advance let alone plan out a costume but maybe someday! It really looks fun!

YUM-O to the Plaza. Love it there. Best french fries ever!

Will have to remember to ask Eugene about his satchel. Now I'm curious!!

Thanks! You should try dressing up one year, it really made the party for us! You are so right about the fries at the Plaza. Don't tell Franklin, but on my solo trip, I may just sneak in a snack trip at the Plaza where I order an order of extra-crispy fries and a sundae! Who needs an actual lunch? :rotfl:

Thanks for your reply! I love all your tips & hearing your photography setup. I also love both your excitement toward Disney! What a fun thread to follow!

Thanks! We're glad you're having fun along with us. :goodvibes

I laughed when I saw the photo of Franklin's shoes - I had 80% the sole of my shoe come off on our last trip to WDW - wish I'd seen this TR before that happened, so I would have known what the "in" shoes were :goodvibes

Your dress is adorable - I bet you're glad you both dressed up, now that you've seen how cute the photos came out.

I'll be checking back in for Hallowishes, so I can see what the :wizard: comes up with.

I can take no credit for the dress. Kelley (PrincessAmongPrinces) took one of my red shirts and turned it into the perfect Minnie dress! She is so crafty!

So bummed that we will just miss you in Oct!

I love the costumes! I was thinking about being Minnie myself, & then saw your costume & loved it. What are you dressing up this year as?

That stinks that we'll just miss each other! Are you going to do a TR? Because you know I'm in! Franklin and I just started talking about costumes today. Can't reveal what we're thinking... But I will say that I'm feeling a little princess-y. :rolleyes1

AWESOME COSTUMES!!! Great job on the dress Kelley! Turns out the disintegrating shoes turned out to be a good thing. :)

You really got some wonderful meet & greet photos. Thanks for sharing the story about Flynn Ryder, even if you didn't give away his secret.

Now, I try to keep my comments positive, but will you two get engaged already?!?! I suppose as long as you get to that part before your actual wedding in October it will be ok. ;)

As always, loving this report!

Great job on the dress Kelley!!

Thanks so much, Dee! :) It was fun to make! Even though I was totally winging it! Haha :)

You guys were so cute as Mickey and Minnie! :) Franklin is such a good sport. I doubt I could ever get my DH to wear an actual costume. I guess I need a solo trip too...?

Ohhhh, post a pic of Tink and mini Peter! I'd love to see! I think we got in line just before 6. Yes, long wait. But I think it helped that we'd run through all the park the night before. So chilling in Town Square Theater didn't feel like wasting ride time. Between 6:15 and 6:30 is when the line exploded exponentially, so I'd say to plan to be in line between 6 and 6:15.

The parade and fireworks photos are some of the best Franklin has ever taken!

I haven't gotten the Peter Pan costume yet, but you can believe I'll post pics when I do! :goodvibes

I think getting in line at 6 is doable, especially if one of us can wait in line while the other takes Paxton to ride some attractions or see a show and meet back up with who is waiting. Thanks for the tips! That's exactly the info I need!

Aww your costumes are super cute! And holy cow you had so many awesome meet and greets!! Wow! Flynn and Repunzel are absolutely adorable!

I LOVE your costumes. You two are just too cute! Can't wait to see your pics of Hallowishes :goodvibes

Your wish is my command, Hallowishes coming right up!

AWESOME COSTUMES!!! Great job on the dress Kelley! Turns out the disintegrating shoes turned out to be a good thing. :)

You really got some wonderful meet & greet photos. Thanks for sharing the story about Flynn Ryder, even if you didn't give away his secret.

Now, I try to keep my comments positive, but will you two get engaged already?!?! I suppose as long as you get to that part before your actual wedding in October it will be ok. ;)

As always, loving this report!

I pinky-swore, I couldn't possible break that agreement with Eugene! We are getting closer to the engagement. But I will point out that all blame should be laid at Franklin's feet, he's the one who waited until Day 8 of a 10-day trip to propose! :rotfl:

Thanks so much, Dee! :) It was fun to make! Even though I was totally winging it! Haha :)

You guys were so cute as Mickey and Minnie! :) Franklin is such a good sport. I doubt I could ever get my DH to wear an actual costume. I guess I need a solo trip too...?

Or a girls trip in the fall?

I haven't gotten the Peter Pan costume yet, but you can believe I'll post pics when I do! :goodvibes

I think getting in line at 6 is doable, especially if one of us can wait in line while the other takes Paxton to ride some attractions or see a show and meet back up with who is waiting. Thanks for the tips! That's exactly the info I need!

Totally doable! And great idea for one of you to wait, while the other runs around with Paxton. Two years ago, the person behind us in the 7 Dwarfs line did just that. Dad got in line while Mom and daughter were still getting her Snow White makeover done at BBB. They arrived a few minutes before the Dwarfs came out. :thumbsup2

Aww your costumes are super cute! And holy cow you had so many awesome meet and greets!! Wow! Flynn and Repunzel are absolutely adorable!

Thanks Wendy! We had an awesome run of characters at the party. That's the fun of hard-ticket parties, doing all the m&gs and other activities you can't do on a normal park day! Flynn and Punzy were the cutest!

We last left off with Franklin and I doing quite the character dash at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party! Rapunzel/Flynn Rider, Snow White/Prince, Cinderella/Prince Charming, The Tremaines, Gaston, Alice, Donald and Aurora/Prince Phillip. Whew! Quite a haul to start the party. It was time to grab a spot for fireworks and Franklin had a very specific spot in mind. He wanted to try something new for Hallowishes. With a new wide-angle lens in tow, he wanted to have the Partners Statue in the foreground with the castle and fireworks behind. I thought it was an awesome idea. What do you think?

DSC_2720-L.jpg

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell...

DSC_2725-L.jpg

Weird glows gleam where the spirits dwell

DSC_2729-L.jpg

Restless bones etherialize
Rise as spooks of every size

DSC_2730-L.jpg

Grim grinning ghosts, come out to socialize

DSC_2732-L.jpg

When the cryptdoors creak and the tombstones quake

DSC_2734-L.jpg

Spooks come out for a swinging wake
Happy haunts materialize
And begin to vocalize

DSC_2735-L.jpg

Grim grinning ghosts, come out to socialize

DSC_2736-L.jpg

As the moon climbs high over the dead oak tree
Spooks arrive for the midnight spree

DSC_2738-L.jpg

Creepy creeps with eerie eyes
Start to shriek and harmonize
Grim grinning ghosts, come out and socialize

DSC_2741-L.jpg

This is Halloween, this is Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween

DSC_2742-L.jpg

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see something strange
Come with us and you will see
It's our world of Halloween

DSC_2747-L.jpg

Oh, this is Halloween, this is Halloween
Pumpkins scream in the dead of night

DSC_2750-L.jpg

This is Halloween, everybody make a scene
Trick or treat 'till the neighbors gonna die of fright

DSC_2753-L.jpg

This is Halloween, this is Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween

DSC_2755-L.jpg

Man I love those fireworks! I said on the May trip that I get a little sad each time when I go to Disney and there AREN’T Halloween fireworks. They’re absolutely my favorite.

We waited a few minutes to let the crowds begin to empty out of the park before heading up Main Street to Franklin’s desired parade position. He had chosen to shoot from the very end of Main Street, so the floats would be coming toward us, with the castle in the background. For anyone who questions the wisdom of going to the second parade at parties, let me give you Exhibit A. This was as crowded as the second parade got:

DSC_2763-L.jpg

Not everyone was ready for a parade. This poor kid kept nodding off while he sat there.

DSC_2772-L.jpg

The street lights dimmed and the spooky lights were turned up, it’s parade time people!

DSC_2783-L.jpg

DSC_2790-L.jpg

DSC_2795-L.jpg

DSC_2802-L.jpg

DSC_2807-L.jpg

DSC_2813-L.jpg

DSC_2817-L.jpg

DSC_2820-L.jpg

For Dee, her favorite crocodile!

DSC_2824-L.jpg

DSC_2832-L.jpg

DSC_2834-L.jpg

DSC_2838-L.jpg

DSC_2840-L.jpg

DSC_2848-L.jpg

DSC_2849-L.jpg

Yeah, Franklin got some attention in this spot.

DSC_2853-L.jpg

DSC_2858-L.jpg

DSC_2866-L.jpg

DSC_2868-L.jpg

DSC_2874-L.jpg

DSC_2876-L.jpg

DSC_2882-L.jpg

DSC_2885-L.jpg

DSC_2893-L.jpg

DSC_2898-L.jpg

DSC_2901-L.jpg

DSC_2911-L.jpg

DSC_2915-L.jpg

DSC_2917-L.jpg

Here comes the candy!

DSC_2923-L.jpg

DSC_2929-L.jpg

DSC_2935-L.jpg

DSC_2939-L.jpg

DSC_2944-L.jpg

Since we were down in the Town Square area again, we had one more party must-do on our list: Meet the mice!

There was just one family in front of us, so we were quickly into the room. When Franklin and I turned the corner, Minnie took one look at us and started jumping up and down. It was so cute! She was so excited to see us all dressed up as herself and Mickey. Mickey was pretty excited too. He ran over and grabbed my hands to pull me into a hug.

i-WtKbH6S-L.jpg

Minnie was pretty happy to see Franklin too, she almost squeezed the life out of him!

i-ZpQD44X-L.jpg

I got some love from my girl, too.

i-tWS7LwK-L.jpg

We had a very important request for this very important couple, we asked if they could teach us how to pose correctly as Mickey and Minnie. They were more than happy to oblige. Minnie showed me how to present my dress out to the side and kick up one of my feet. And Mickey showed Franklin how to take my arm and kick out one of his feet.

i-77mTLSh-L.jpg

Can you tell the real mice from the fake ones anymore? Nah, didn’t think so. We bid our new friends adieu and headed back out to Main Street to try out our newfound skills.

DSC_2956-L.jpg

The night was winding down, so we took a few more photos.

DSC_2961-L.jpg

Including a few parting shots from the train station.

DSC_2964-L.jpg

DSC_2966-L.jpg

DSC_2967-L.jpg

We made our way out of the park.

DSC_2968-L.jpg

DSC_2970-L.jpg

DSC_2971-L.jpg

And back to the bus, another late night at MK complete. Happy Halloween everyone!

DSC_2972-L.jpg

Hey Missy and Franklin! :wave:

I've been behind on all my TRs, including my own! :rotfl: But I popped in over here just in time to see the most amazing series of shots ever from any hard ticket party.

I love that spot at the end of Main Street. I've done MVMCP from there a couple times and hope to try MNSSHP from there one day. Not that it matters. I'll probably just delete all of what I take since there's no way it will stack up to what I just saw here! :worship:

Amazing!!! Just simply amazing shots. I have attended 4 MNSSHP and would go every year if I could. The fireworks and parade just make the night. And Franklin's photos have captured that night in such an awesome light. And now (thank you) I am singing the fireworks song-better than Boo to You though, I guess. :rotfl:
I tend to agree with you that you have so much fun when you are dressed and participating with the characters. Our family dressed up one year as Capt. Hook, Tink, Peter Pan and I was Wendy. The CMs seem to go out of their way to involve you in the action a little more.
Your costumes were adorable!!! Glad you were able to get your money back on Franklin's shoes (but I think his Mickey slipper addition made the costume).

What an incredible trip report--thank you for sharing it! I love what you wrote about DVC (easily the best purchase we ever made). I feel exactly the same way! I have buyer's remorse about practically everything, but not with DVC, not for even one second! I hope you're having a great day!

I've questioned whether the price of the MNSSHP was actually worth the price, but your photos and report convinced me that it is.

You guys are too cute and once again, the photos are fabulous!

I'm running out of superlatives to describe Franklin's photography. What a talented guy!

Love the costumes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!