Happily Ever After Begins Here -- An Oct. 2012 TR Updated! 11/17!

Mmmmm... those snacks look AMAZING!!!

A couple of questions- were all of the snacks sweet treats, or were there any savory items (other than the popcorn)?

Full sized treats or were some of them made in a smaller version? Like the school bread and the carrot cake cookies are ginormous when you buy them in the parks, so it would be nice to have a bite size version when you are sampling all those goodies.

Snacks I need to try- I need to give the popcorn another shot. The only time I have had it was at Fantasmic and it was a bit stale. And I hear really good things about the pretzels- would love to try the Jalapeno cheese one.

I'm a big fan of the Dole Whip, and a trip to Disney is not complete without a Mickey Bar. Another yummy snack is the Strawberry Shortcake at Sunshine Seasons.

Although I share Franklin's adoration for anything coconut, the schoolbread I tried once didn't blow me away.

The story about getting separated from Franklin was amusing. I hope it was not too stressful at the time.

One of my big phobias, honestly, is a fear of getting separated from my group/family. Cell phones and technology are great, but not foolproof, so I like to have a Plan A AND a Plan B whenever we split up. Ben and I were separated from Mark and Nate, literally, when we were at Islands of Adventure- we were in Jurassic Park and they were in the Wizarding World, which was closed to new entries because it was too full. We didn't have cell phones because this was a wet ride day for us. I freaked out a tiny bit, and a really sympathetic Team Member let Ben and me sneak in before our time entry was valid!!!

So this vow renewal... would it be a Disney vow renewal? Perhaps with all of your bestest Disney friends in attendance????

Of course! :goodvibes I think we'd actually do it on DCL...Castaway Cay...paradise! We haven't ever talked about it, but a girl can dream, right? :laughing:

And, I don't want to give anything away, but y'all - Missy's wedding dress is just STUNNING!! :) Her wedding is just going to be amazing!

I can't wait to see it!!!! :hyper:

Seriously, this party was amazing. Every Disney snack I had ever hoped to try was under one roof and completely accessible to me.

Oh my word...and they were in MINI form. :faint: Heaven. That is only truly amazing party!!! I think I would have to try everything!

Cannot wait to see the Illuminations pics!​

That snack party looks awesome!! I was pretty much drooling over all your pictures. Those carrot cake cookies & the red velvet cupcakes look amazing!

I'm so glad you posted a picture of AJ! :rotfl: I hear her a lot on the WDW Today podcast, and she doesn't look like what I pictured, but now that I see her, she matches her voice. Nice to put a face to her now for when I listen! I'm surprised there was no plastic cheese at this event if she was putting it together! :lmao:

Can't wait to see the IllumiNations pictures!!!

Missyrose said:
Seriously, this party was amazing. Every Disney snack I had ever hoped to try was under one roof and completely accessible to me.

But let me tease you by saying Franklin + Preferred Iluminations viewing = Primo fireworks pictures!

So let’s hear it friends, after seeing all of those delicious snacks, what is your favorite Disney snack and what Disney snack are you dying to try?

The Snack Attack party sounds awesome! :)

I can't even wait to see Franklin's pictures. He is so amazing, so I know these must be breathtaking!!

I really want to try School Bread! I've heard great thing about it here on the Dis, so I will definitely have to get some next time!

First, congratulations on finding your dress!! So exciting :)

Second, I think I gained weight just looking at all of those snacks! :rotfl: Everything looks delicious. We had an event in the Odyssey building before, it was nice.

Ugh one of my biggest Disney fears is getting separated from Brandon in a park with no phone! I can't believe you had to walk around the World Showcase to find Frankin...not the whole thing multiple times I hope! That would be lots of walking! :rotfl:

That snack party sounds amazing! I remember reading about it and I didn't really get what it was, but now it makes sense! Everything looks so good! I would love a zebra dome right about now! :thumbsup2

You see, way back when, this trip was supposed to begin on October 6. But the Disney Food Blog announced it would be having its annual Snack Attack party on October 3. I called Franklin from work that day and said that we had enough DVC points for the extra days to extend our trip and it would only cost $50 to change our flights. And what was his response? “Let’s do it.” I love that man, A LOT.

What is the Snack Attack party you ask? AJ, the super-cool goddess in charge of the Disney Food Blog caters a party with all of those iconic Disney World snacks that everyone loves.

As we all finished eating, AJ rounded everybody up to take us to the Illuminations viewing location. We definitely grabbed some of that delicious Disney popcorn for the show. That’s where we’ll stop for now. But let me tease you by saying Franklin + Preferred Iluminations viewing = Primo fireworks pictures! So let’s hear it friends, after seeing all of those delicious snacks, what is your favorite Disney snack and what Disney snack are you dying to try?

NO WAY...:faint: That is seriously one of the more Awesome Dis experiences... a Snack Attack Party with preferred Illuminations viewing? Does this happen the same time every year...:rolleyes1

It looks fabulous... even better than the traditional Wishes Dessert Party because those are all the things you read/ see and want to try or have and loved...::yes::

Darn and I wanted to try that Carrot Cake Cookie when we hit the Writer's Stop but I was too full from lunch and and an earlier cupcake from Starring Rolls... the Red Velvet... which was quite good...

Favorite snack... well this last time... I'd have to say the Peanut butter and Chocolate Cake from the Boardwalk bakery... or the No Way Jose inspired sundae (they made me a two scoop one...)... The Strawberry Cupcake from the Boardwalk Bakery was quite nice as well...:thumbsup2

So you said Yes to your Dress? :goodvibes- Do you ever watch that on TV... It's one of my guilty pleasure tv shows... I've come to prefer the Atlanta version over the New York one however...

Can't wait to see the Dress pictures sometime down the road...:bride:

:surfweb:

Gosh that snack party looks like so much fun! What an awesome idea to have all the best Disney snacks in one place. I'm with you though, I don't understand the hype over the babycakes cupcakes. I think they are kinda gross. Give me the chocolate peanut butter cupcake from the contempo cafe any day!

The party was a lot of fun! I really don't get the Babycakes hype either. The cupcakes were really dry. The funny thing about me and Disney cupcakes is this... I keep trying all the fancy cupcakes, and I end up just wishing they were a yellow-cake, pink-icing cupcake.

Mmmmm... those snacks look AMAZING!!!

A couple of questions- were all of the snacks sweet treats, or were there any savory items (other than the popcorn)?

They were all sweet except for the popcorn.

Full sized treats or were some of them made in a smaller version? Like the school bread and the carrot cake cookies are ginormous when you buy them in the parks, so it would be nice to have a bite size version when you are sampling all those goodies.

Most of them were full sized (the carrot cake cookie and school bread were HUGE!). The cupcakes were minis though.

Snacks I need to try- I need to give the popcorn another shot. The only time I have had it was at Fantasmic and it was a bit stale. And I hear really good things about the pretzels- would love to try the Jalapeno cheese one.

I'm a big fan of the Dole Whip, and a trip to Disney is not complete without a Mickey Bar. Another yummy snack is the Strawberry Shortcake at Sunshine Seasons.

Although I share Franklin's adoration for anything coconut, the schoolbread I tried once didn't blow me away.

YES! You need to give Disney popcorn another shot. Here's what you really need to do, go stand by one of the popcorn carts at Magic Kingdom and wait for them to start popping new popcorn. Then get in line and buy, there is nothing better than piping hot Disney popcorn. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

I would really like to try the cream cheese pretzels, definitely on my Disney food bucket list.

The story about getting separated from Franklin was amusing. I hope it was not too stressful at the time.

One of my big phobias, honestly, is a fear of getting separated from my group/family. Cell phones and technology are great, but not foolproof, so I like to have a Plan A AND a Plan B whenever we split up. Ben and I were separated from Mark and Nate, literally, when we were at Islands of Adventure- we were in Jurassic Park and they were in the Wizarding World, which was closed to new entries because it was too full. We didn't have cell phones because this was a wet ride day for us. I freaked out a tiny bit, and a really sympathetic Team Member let Ben and me sneak in before our time entry was valid!!!

It. Freaked. Me. Out. Like big time. We really should have a plan like that. I'm shocked the TM let you into WWoHP, they were really strict about entry times the first time we went!

Of course! :goodvibes I think we'd actually do it on DCL...Castaway Cay...paradise! We haven't ever talked about it, but a girl can dream, right?

I can't wait to see it!!!! :hyper:

Oh my word...and they were in MINI form. :faint: Heaven. That is only truly amazing party!!! I think I would have to try everything!

Cannot wait to see the Illuminations pics!

Ooooooooo DCL, Castaway Cay... I'm loving that idea. I was supposed to use my Disney Visa rewards on our October trip but kept forgetting to get the rewards card. So now I'm toying with the idea of just letting it build until it's enough to pay for at least a healthy chunk of a Disney cruise. Ah, goals. :rolleyes1

I cannot wait to show everyone the dress. I honestly never actually thought I would look that good in a dress!

Illuminations pics are coming up very soon. Like, as soon as I finish this post! :rotfl:

That snack party looks awesome!! I was pretty much drooling over all your pictures. Those carrot cake cookies & the red velvet cupcakes look amazing!

I'm so glad you posted a picture of AJ! :rotfl: I hear her a lot on the WDW Today podcast, and she doesn't look like what I pictured, but now that I see her, she matches her voice. Nice to put a face to her now for when I listen! I'm surprised there was no plastic cheese at this event if she was putting it together! :lmao:

Can't wait to see the IllumiNations pictures!!!

AJ might kill me if she saw the photo, she doesn't like pictures! But she was totally awesome. I'm a total fangirl for her blog. I mean come on, a blog about all the yummy things to eat at Disney World, it's perfection!

The treats were all so yummy, definitely worth extending the trip!

The Snack Attack party sounds awesome! :)

I can't even wait to see Franklin's pictures. He is so amazing, so I know these must be breathtaking!!

I really want to try School Bread! I've heard great thing about it here on the Dis, so I will definitely have to get some next time!

I really liked the inside of the school bread, but I'm not a coconut fan, so Franklin had to eat that part so I could try the pastry and custard.

I love that you have a "next time" to plan for now!

First, congratulations on finding your dress!! So exciting :)

Second, I think I gained weight just looking at all of those snacks! :rotfl: Everything looks delicious. We had an event in the Odyssey building before, it was nice.

Thank you!!!!! All the snacks were a bit overwhelming. You don't want to waste any of that delicious food, but there was just so much! So we just did the best we could to clean our plates. :lmao:

Odyssey was really nice. I don't get why Disney lets so many buildings at Epcot just sit empty. I mean, they demolished parts of MK to build New Fantasyland. But there are swaths of land at Epcot just waiting for someone to build SOMETHING! Sorry for the mini-rant, but I just don't get it.

Ugh one of my biggest Disney fears is getting separated from Brandon in a park with no phone! I can't believe you had to walk around the World Showcase to find Frankin...not the whole thing multiple times I hope! That would be lots of walking! :rotfl:

That snack party sounds amazing! I remember reading about it and I didn't really get what it was, but now it makes sense! Everything looks so good! I would love a zebra dome right about now! :thumbsup2

The laps to find Franklin were pretty ridiculous. I think I passed the amphitheater three times. I was pretty proud of myself afterward about how much ground I was able to cover without getting winded. My trainer later said that the story meant he could start pushing me harder. :eek:

I could really use a zebra dome right about now too. Just 46 days away, just 46 days. Man that seems too long right now.

NO WAY...:faint: That is seriously one of the more Awesome Dis experiences... a Snack Attack Party with preferred Illuminations viewing? Does this happen the same time every year...:rolleyes1

It looks fabulous... even better than the traditional Wishes Dessert Party because those are all the things you read/ see and want to try or have and loved...::yes::

The party is an annual thing and I think AJ tries to do it at pretty much the same time each year. Though I may have to lobby pretty hard to get her to move it to later in October next year, like sometime during our honeymoon. :rolleyes1

The party was so much fun and so unlike anything else we'd ever done at Disney. Lots of good food and lots of awesome Disney talk.

Darn and I wanted to try that Carrot Cake Cookie when we hit the Writer's Stop but I was too full from lunch and and an earlier cupcake from Starring Rolls... the Red Velvet... which was quite good...

It is so good, you really must try the cookie on your next trip! It has this hint of cinnamon taste that blends perfectly with the carrot cake. DHS is a park made for snacking. :thumbsup2

Favorite snack... well this last time... I'd have to say the Peanut butter and Chocolate Cake from the Boardwalk bakery... or the No Way Jose inspired sundae (they made me a two scoop one...)... The Strawberry Cupcake from the Boardwalk Bakery was quite nice as well...:thumbsup2

Peanut butter and chocolate cake? That's definitely going on Franklin's to-do list. Though with Boardwalk Bakery closing for a refurb during our January trip, it may have to wait until May. :sad2:

So you said Yes to your Dress? :goodvibes- Do you ever watch that on TV... It's one of my guilty pleasure tv shows... I've come to prefer the Atlanta version over the New York one however...

Can't wait to see the Dress pictures sometime down the road...:bride:

:surfweb:

I said yes to the dress! It was very exciting and felt a little like the show. I looooove those shows. Though I now find the bridesmaids ones a little dismaying because my bridesmaids have all been so supportive and easy-going about their dresses.

I like the two cities' versions for different reasons. I just could never pick between Randy and Monty! :rotfl2:

Two chapters in one week?!??! What's gotten into me? :scared1:

There aren't many words I need to add to this post, so without further ado... I give you Illuminations!

DSC_0524-L.jpg

DSC_0525-L.jpg

DSC_0534-L.jpg

DSC_0535-L.jpg

DSC_0539-L.jpg

DSC_0540-L.jpg

DSC_0541-L.jpg

DSC_0542-L.jpg

DSC_0543-L.jpg

DSC_0544-L.jpg

DSC_0545-L.jpg

DSC_0546-L.jpg

DSC_0550-L.jpg

DSC_0554-L.jpg

DSC_0555-L.jpg

Beautiful right? I don't know how Franklin keeps topping himself with fireworks photos but every time he shoots is better than the last.

After the show ended, I was beat. I'd had a medical treatment the day before that knocks me out a little bit for a few days afterward. I was just happy that I'd made it through the day! I wasn't going to push things and stay through evening EMH.

Franklin, however, had major photographic plans for EMH, so I told him I'd see him back at the resort. I then made that looooooong commute back to Beach Club, where I collapsed into bed to update my trip journal and then pass out. Franklin's night was just getting started, but I'll let him tell you all about it in the next chapter!

Those photos of Illuminations are amazing!!! I'm always impressed by Franklin's photos, and those are particularly incredible. Illuminations is our favorite Disney show by far - our boys absolutely love it. If you see three goofy boys doing an interpretive dance to the show in January . . . you've found us! I'm no photographer, but maybe a better camera would help. If you have any suggestions for a novice photographer / mom who would like better photos but is intimidated by anything more than a point/shoot, please let me know! Heading over to the BC thread to thank you for the Captain's Grille photos. :)

WOW. :eek: There are just no adequate words for how amazing Franklin's IllumiNations photos are!!!! He should work as a promotional photographer for Disney World. :thumbsup2 His photos might actually be prettier than seeing those fireworks in person!!

I'm shocked the TM let you into WWoHP, they were really strict about entry times the first time we went!

She didn't let me in the first time Ben and I came around. But when we came back with our time tickets I was pacing like a cat, obviously agitated, and she took pity on me. When there was nobody else around, she pulled back the rope and said "Quick! Go ahead!"

Congrats on your dress!!! We don't watch Say Yes to the Dress, but I will provide you with a little secret. My DH and I do watch 4 Weddings- where 4 brides attend each other's weddings and rate them. Mark stated watching it first.

Searching, searching for the right adjective... I think I am going to go with

MIND-BLOWING!!!

with a wee bit of WOW! thrown in there.

:worship::worship::worship:

Yeah, you just can't beat that trip back to the Beach Club after Illuminations!

Joining in. First off, I wanted to say congratulations! Next I want to tell you how much I love the pictures. The firework shots are just amazing! Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

WOW... those are just seriously... WOW... Absolutely Lovely...:thumbsup2

Franklin is very talented... I have to go back now to the beginning and read... is he something visual/creative professionally? Those are really very impressive...

I'm no photographer, but maybe a better camera would help. If you have any suggestions for a novice photographer / mom who would like better photos but is intimidated by anything more than a point/shoot, please let me know! YES YES-me too...::yes:: Heading over to the BC thread to thank you for the Captain's Grille photos. :)

There's a BC thread? Seriously?

popcorn::

Franklin really outdid himself with the Illuminations pics - breathtaking!! beautiful!! and awesome!!!

I love the long walk back to the Epcot resorts ;) But all joking aside, it can seem long especially when you are traveling from Mexico attraction or Test Track. Am truly enjoying your TR!

Those photos of Illuminations are amazing!!! I'm always impressed by Franklin's photos, and those are particularly incredible. Illuminations is our favorite Disney show by far - our boys absolutely love it. If you see three goofy boys doing an interpretive dance to the show in January . . . you've found us! I'm no photographer, but maybe a better camera would help. If you have any suggestions for a novice photographer / mom who would like better photos but is intimidated by anything more than a point/shoot, please let me know! Heading over to the BC thread to thank you for the Captain's Grille photos. :)

Thank you so much! Illuminations is pretty impressive itself and taking photos of it has its challenges.

As for a camera suggestion, I would recommend the Canon S110. It's a very capable point-and-shoot that isn't too intimidating. It packs in more high-end features, like manual controls and RAW format, than bling features. It has a 5X zoom which is more than most people would need. My "everyday lens" on my big camera zooms the same distance and then I'll switch to lenses that don't zoom at all. Zoom with your feet! The main reason I like this camera is its amazing image quality. It "only" has 12 megapixels, which is an advantage in small cameras. High megapixel cameras, like 16 or 20MP, just shove more pixels in the same space which actually reduces image quality. It's that darn physics getting in the way. But people don't need more than 16MP anyways, unless they are printing 20x30 posters all the time.
Here's a review: http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/canon_powershot_s110_review/

There is also last years model, the S100. Same image quality but is about $70 less and the main difference is that it doesn't have a touchscreen and wifi.

Great update! I'm hoping Franklin's photos will inspire me - we'll be at Epcot later this week.

Thanks! I didn't realize I could be so inspiring. Just remember to turn off your flash and prop the camera up on something stable. I used a tripod and the camera in manual mode with 5+ second exposures.

I posted fireworks tips in this thread a while back, 6th post down. It's a little specific to the camera I had but there are still great general tips in there too.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2922349

WOW. :eek: There are just no adequate words for how amazing Franklin's IllumiNations photos are!!!! He should work as a promotional photographer for Disney World. :thumbsup2 His photos might actually be prettier than seeing those fireworks in person!!

Thanks for your compliments! If one of us finds a job we can't refuse around Orlando maybe I'll do something for Disney.

She didn't let me in the first time Ben and I came around. But when we came back with our time tickets I was pacing like a cat, obviously agitated, and she took pity on me. When there was nobody else around, she pulled back the rope and said "Quick! Go ahead!"

Congrats on your dress!!! We don't watch Say Yes to the Dress, but I will provide you with a little secret. My DH and I do watch 4 Weddings- where 4 brides attend each other's weddings and rate them. Mark stated watching it first.

I obviously haven't seen the dress yet. And I've only been watching those shows because Missy has them on. Though it is interesting to see how crazy some of these weddings can get.

Searching, searching for the right adjective... I think I am going to go with

MIND-BLOWING!!!

with a wee bit of WOW! thrown in there.

:worship::worship::worship:

Yeah, you just can't beat that trip back to the Beach Club after Illuminations!

Thank you so much! I'm ecstatic everyone is enjoying them. :cool1:
After Illuminations? Evening EMH for me! That's in the next post. But yeah, so awesome just to stumble home.

Joining in. First off, I wanted to say congratulations! Next I want to tell you how much I love the pictures. The firework shots are just amazing! Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

Thanks! There are plenty more to come. This is only day 1 of 10.......

WOW... those are just seriously... WOW... Absolutely Lovely...:thumbsup2

Franklin is very talented... I have to go back now to the beginning and read... is he something visual/creative professionally? Those are really very impressive...

Thank you! I work for an architecture firm doing space planning for medical facilities. Not that creative, unfortunately. You could say Disney is my outlet.

And if you haven't found the BC thread yet: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3025785

Franklin really outdid himself with the Illuminations pics - breathtaking!! beautiful!! and awesome!!!

I love the long walk back to the Epcot resorts ;) But all joking aside, it can seem long especially when you are traveling from Mexico attraction or Test Track. Am truly enjoying your TR!

Thanks for the raves!

The Snack party sounds awesome! I've never tried so many of those snacks! It's quite appalling.

Franklin's IllumiNations photos are, once again, AMAZING. I can't wait to see what he got the rest of the evening!

Franklin- thanks for giving the link to the BC/YC FAQ thread- I also have the link in my signature.

There's a lot of info and pictures on the first page and a bunch of resort experts who hang out there, ready to answer questions or entertain.

Missy & Franklin sent me some photos to add to the thread from their recent stay :woohoo: I just need some time to add them.

And if you haven't found the BC thread yet: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3025785

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!