Happily Ever After Begins Here -- An Oct. 2012 TR Updated! 11/17!

Wow, beach club is absolutely stunning!
I always wanted to get an ice cream at beaches & cream but I just never get over there. Next time for sure!

All caught up! Congratulations, again, on your engagement. Sooo exciting! Love, love love all of those amazing Beach Club photos. Beach Club is my favorite resort (and DVC home resort) and a virtual trip there this morning was just what I needed. ::yes::

I am right there with you on your goal of having enough points for a 10 day F&W trip in a 1 bedroom. :thumbsup2

I'm surprised they haven't expanded Beaches 'n Cream also. So yummy. But I have a confession... I've never actually had ice cream there. :scared1: I stuff my face too much with burgers, fries, onion rings etc. :laughing: Will have to make it a point to remedy that next trip...

Yay for wedding planning, I'm glad everything is coming together. Are you guys getting married in the DC area?

Yum, beaches and cream! I love their food and of course the ice cream too! I've never had the brownie sundae, but it looks just perfect! I've only had the no way jose, but next time I'd like try the milky way one. Perfect start to your trip!

Hello friends! It’s been a long time, far too long! Life has been a little nutso. One month ago today Franklin proposed. Since then, we’ve come home from Disney, found wedding planners, set a wedding date and even have found a wedding venue! That’s right, we didn’t waste any time. You’ve got to remember, I’m an uber-planner, so my Disney trip-planning skills have transitioned nicely to wedding planning.

DSC_0304-L.jpg

DSC_0308-L.jpg

Tell me, have you eaten at Beaches and Cream? Which is your favorite sundae?

:love:

So are you sharing the wedding date with the public yet? Or at least the year?

I, of course, adore the Beach Club pictures! These two are my favorites. I need to figure out how I am going to incorporate Franklin's pictures onto the FAQ thread.

The other thing I would like to include your dining review of Beaches & Cream on the Dining Page of the FAQ thread. I can't fit all of the pictures I want, so instead I have have been linking to dining reviews of others (with permission).

I'm surprised at how crowded checkin was. Glad you were at the front of the line.

You already know my deep dark secret about Beaches & Cream! I have never had a burger or ice cream there! I did have breakfast once. During our first trip to the BC in 2009, they were testing out B&C as a quick service breakfast spot. I really wish the trial had worked out. That is one thing that the EPCOT resorts could use- a CS place offering Mickey Waffles!

I'll be interested to hear your comparisons between the BCV and BWV after your stay.

Delighted to see a new TR, and wanted to say Congratulations to you both. Can't wait to read the details.

Your reports are the best - the combination of your writing and Franklin's Photos makes for a great read. I hope the proposal didn't interfere with Franklin's time to get fireworks photos ;)

Oops I'm pretty late, but still here! Congratulations on your engagement! party: I'm sure your wedding will be gorgeous! The Beach Club is my favorite resort, it's so beautiful, as are Franklin's pictures! Can't wait to hear more :goodvibes

Beautiful lobby pictures! Can't wait to hear what you thought of the rooms/stay!

YAY BEACHES AND CREAM! It's such a fun spot. Yall's food and desserts look so great! I got the Kitchen Sink once... (NOT BY MYSELF) and man. THAT is a lot of ice cream. :lmao:

Congratulations on your engagement!! I am so super happy for you both :goodvibes I have followed your TR's in the past and always kept thinking to myself - when is Franklin going to propose?!!

I would love to stay at Beach Club Villas one day - we've always stayed at BWV and last two trips had views of YC & BC. We ate at Beaches & Cream on our last trip and we had the No Way Jose and you are right - their sundaes are huge! I agree they should expand the restaurant but maybe that's what makes it more popular. Can't wait to see pics of the pool (and what awesome pics Franklin took of the lobby :love:)

I think a lot of people were waiting for Franklin to propose. :rotfl2: It was funny, as we called/emailed/texted everyone after we got engaged, the two of us got very different reactions from people. Everyone was gushing congratulations to me, while Franklin kept being told "it's about time!" :lmao: It was pretty priceless.

Our home resort is BWV and our first stay there is rapidly approaching in January, but I was really glad to get to try out BCV on this trip (actually we will have tried four different DVC resorts in our first year-plus of ownership). The knock I'd always heard about BC and YC was that it felt loud and overcrowded because of everyone at SAB. The nice thing about the villas, was that the building is set behind the resort building, so it felt just distanced enough to have a feeling of quiet and calm. There are also lots of nooks and cranies in both the resort and the villas building to hang out and take a rest from the hustle and bustle.

I know Franklin was looking at the No Way Jose, but since I don't eat peanut butter, he knew he couldn't finish that himself! I can't wait for you to see the pool pictures, they are sooooo awesome!

Wow, beach club is absolutely stunning!
I always wanted to get an ice cream at beaches & cream but I just never get over there. Next time for sure!

Beach Club is simply BEAUTIFUL. I'm always struck by how Disney manages to have some many resorts that are all so different from one another, but they're all gorgeous in their own way. :cloud9:

All caught up! Congratulations, again, on your engagement. Sooo exciting! Love, love love all of those amazing Beach Club photos. Beach Club is my favorite resort (and DVC home resort) and a virtual trip there this morning was just what I needed. ::yes::

I am right there with you on your goal of having enough points for a 10 day F&W trip in a 1 bedroom. :thumbsup2

I'm surprised they haven't expanded Beaches 'n Cream also. So yummy. But I have a confession... I've never actually had ice cream there. :scared1: I stuff my face too much with burgers, fries, onion rings etc. :laughing: Will have to make it a point to remedy that next trip...

I had a lovely virtual trip back to BC last night when I was putting together this chapter, it really hit the spot.

We were a little worried that 10 days at Disney might be a bit much (after all, we'd only ever stayed for five days at a time). But we definitely loved the pace of a 10-day trip and want to make that a more regular plan. The crazy thing is even with 10 days, we still didn't see/do everything (we missed It's a Small World on this trip, for instance :scared1:). But we'll be back.

You have to try the ice cream at Beaches and Cream. Maybe one afternoon while you're at Epcot, you could take the short stroll over for a tasty afternoon treat. :thumbsup2

Yay for wedding planning, I'm glad everything is coming together. Are you guys getting married in the DC area?

Yum, beaches and cream! I love their food and of course the ice cream too! I've never had the brownie sundae, but it looks just perfect! I've only had the no way jose, but next time I'd like try the milky way one. Perfect start to your trip!

Thanks Marissa! Yep, we're getting married here in D.C. At the Newseum actually! When we got engaged at Disney, lots of people assumed there would be a Disney wedding in our future. But all our friends and family have been waiting a long time for us to finally get married, so we didn't want the expense of getting to Disney to get in the way of everyone being there. But there will be plenty of Disney touches in our wedding (and the first few days of the honeymoon will be at WDW!)

The brownie sundae was really the perfect size. It was just enough for both of us, I highly recommend it!

:love:

So are you sharing the wedding date with the public yet? Or at least the year?

No secrets here (we're one big Disney family, right?), our wedding date is October 19, 2013!

I, of course, adore the Beach Club pictures! These two are my favorites. I need to figure out how I am going to incorporate Franklin's pictures onto the FAQ thread.

The other thing I would like to include your dining review of Beaches & Cream on the Dining Page of the FAQ thread. I can't fit all of the pictures I want, so instead I have have been linking to dining reviews of others (with permission).

We were going to send you a CD of all his BC photos (there are way more than I could even use here on the TR).

Of course you can use the dining review of B&C on the thread, let me know if you want more details.

I'm surprised at how crowded checkin was. Glad you were at the front of the line.

Me too. We had even maneuvered to the front seat on the bus when that family got off at POR. I just wanted to get my vacation started already!

You already know my deep dark secret about Beaches & Cream! I have never had a burger or ice cream there! I did have breakfast once. During our first trip to the BC in 2009, they were testing out B&C as a quick service breakfast spot. I really wish the trial had worked out. That is one thing that the EPCOT resorts could use- a CS place offering Mickey Waffles!

I'll be interested to hear your comparisons between the BCV and BWV after your stay.

Seriously Dee, you and I will do a girls trip someday and we'll do all the things you've never gotten to do on your previous Disney trips. We'll start with lunch at Beaches and Cream, then see a bunch of shows and finish with watching Wishes from Main Street. :thumbsup2 Sounds good, right?

I totally agree about the Epcot resorts needing a real CS option. Here's the thing, I loooooooove breakfast. And nothing screams vacation to me like getting to eat yummy breakfasts. Franklin on the other hand, isn't a huge breakfast eater. So on this past trip, we came to pretty good compromise -- most mornings, we'll eat bagels in the room (maybe even microwave a couple of slices of bacon for some protein). Then a couple of days during the trip, I get to pick TS breakfasts. Captain's Grille was actually a great breakfast, and not as overpriced as other breakfast buffets.

Delighted to see a new TR, and wanted to say Congratulations to you both. Can't wait to read the details.

Your reports are the best - the combination of your writing and Franklin's Photos makes for a great read. I hope the proposal didn't interfere with Franklin's time to get fireworks photos ;)

Hi Sharon! :wave: I'm so glad to see you! Thank you so, so much. We have a blast putting these TRs together, so I'm glad you enjoy reading them. And don't worry, there are TONS of fantastic fireworks photos ahead. :goodvibes

Oops I'm pretty late, but still here! Congratulations on your engagement! party: I'm sure your wedding will be gorgeous! The Beach Club is my favorite resort, it's so beautiful, as are Franklin's pictures! Can't wait to hear more :goodvibes

You're not late at all, you're actually right on time. You picked quite a wonderful resort as your favorite, we loved it!

Beautiful lobby pictures! Can't wait to hear what you thought of the rooms/stay!

YAY BEACHES AND CREAM! It's such a fun spot. Yall's food and desserts look so great! I got the Kitchen Sink once... (NOT BY MYSELF) and man. THAT is a lot of ice cream. :lmao:

Oops, you snuck in while I was responding to the other posts! :rotfl: Beaches and Cream was so much fun, the CMs were great and the food was just awesome. Perfect way to start a trip.

Wow, how far did you get with the Kitchen Sink? I saw them assembling one and I couldn't get over how much STUFF gets put into it. :faint:

Gorgeous pictures of Beach Club, I'm so jealous :thumbsup2 I had no idea the Kitchen Sink was so expensive!

Great post! Loved the BC lobby pics, and your Beaches and Cream experience.

We were at B&C last March. We sat at the same counter seats. :)

We were too full after the yummy burgers so we declined dessert. Next thing we knew, they plunked a No Way Jose in front of us with three spoons, and said that they were training that day and dessert was on the house. It was soooo good!

You can see our B&C experience at the very bottom of this page of our trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44867794&postcount=91

Can't wait to read more!

Wow, how far did you get with the Kitchen Sink? I saw them assembling one and I couldn't get over how much STUFF gets put into it. :faint:

Hahah, we did not even come close to finishing it! There were five of us and I'd say we ate about half. OOF. It was so good though, there was so much stuff in it that you could just eat by itself... full brownies, Oreo cookies, etc. It was insane!

That was last December and I wrote about it in that TR if you're interested! :goodvibes

Hahah, we did not even come close to finishing it! There were five of us and I'd say we ate about half. OOF. It was so good though, there was so much stuff in it that you could just eat by itself... full brownies, Oreo cookies, etc. It was insane!

That was last December and I wrote about it in that TR if you're interested! :goodvibes

The Kitchen Sink as a meal? Someone should try that.

By someone, I mean me.

Ice Cream... the No Way Jose... but I'm thinking I may have to try that brownie sundae... :thumbsup2

Oh wow - your photos of the Beach Club are absolutely gorgeous... the colors are so vibrant...:goodvibes and I love all the details that you got in Beaches and Cream... lovely... I'm enjoying the preview since I'll be there in 16 days and the first time as a DVC member...::yes::

Oh wow...Your Wedding Venue is the Newseum... that is too awesome... It's one of my absolute favorite museums anywhere (between the history and the evolution of media...-wow... it's so well done...) that should be really amazing... :thumbsup2

popcorn::

Gorgeous pictures of Beach Club, I'm so jealous :thumbsup2 I had no idea the Kitchen Sink was so expensive!

Between a resort that gorgeous and a photographer as talented as my fiance, the pictures are bound to be pretty, pretty good. :goodvibes

I am jealous! I STILL haven't made it to Beaches & Cream... someday!

It is so worth it, really yummy food that isn't terribly expensive (kind of like the Disney Holy Grail!)

Great post! Loved the BC lobby pics, and your Beaches and Cream experience.

We were at B&C last March. We sat at the same counter seats. :)

We were too full after the yummy burgers so we declined dessert. Next thing we knew, they plunked a No Way Jose in front of us with three spoons, and said that they were training that day and dessert was on the house. It was soooo good!

You can see our B&C experience at the very bottom of this page of our trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44867794&postcount=91

Can't wait to read more!

The only thing better than an ice cream sundae is a FREE ice cream sundae! :lmao: Can't wait to go read the rest of your TR!

The Kitchen Sink as a meal? Someone should try that.

By someone, I mean me.

Oh good grief, I see how this will play out. Franklin will attempt it and then we'll be stuck back in the room the next day because he's sick as a dog. :crazy2:

Ice Cream... the No Way Jose... but I'm thinking I may have to try that brownie sundae... :thumbsup2

Oh wow - your photos of the Beach Club are absolutely gorgeous... the colors are so vibrant...:goodvibes and I love all the details that you got in Beaches and Cream... lovely... I'm enjoying the preview since I'll be there in 16 days and the first time as a DVC member...::yes::

Oh wow...Your Wedding Venue is the Newseum... that is too awesome... It's one of my absolute favorite museums anywhere (between the history and the evolution of media...-wow... it's so well done...) that should be really amazing... :thumbsup2

16 days?!?! I'm envious. I know it's crazy because we just got home a month ago, but I miss Disney already. Just 74 more days to go until we're back. How exciting that this will be your first trip as a DVC member... make sure to enoy that first "Welcome Home," there's nothing like it! :thumbsup2

I looooove the Newseum, it's easily my favorite museum here in D.C. (and that's saying a lot because we have some pretty fabulous museums). Plus the views are incredible. The Capitol will serve as the backdrop for our ceremony and reception. :cloud9:

We last left off with an amazing lunch at Beaches and Cream, but it was time for something I’d been waiting months to try... Stormalong Bay!

First we had to pop into the store to buy a couple of pool noodles. They had a whole Halloween display. I love this time of year at Disney, don’t you?

DSC_0349-L.jpg

And for those of you wondering, yes, the Oreo bon bons are off the menu at Cape May.
But you CAN get them at the Beach Club Marketplace in the refrigerated section.

DSC_0350-L.jpg

After we made our purchases, we headed outside to the pool. Have I mentioned how gorgeous this resort is? I mean seriously.

DSC_0353-L.jpg

DSC_0355-L.jpg

DSC_0357-L.jpg

DSC_0359-L.jpg

We wandered around for a bit to get the lay of the land and see where the different parts of the pool were. We talked to a couple of the lifeguards along the way. Apparently, someone had stolen to buoy that shows where the sinking sands starts, so they had to turn them off until the could get a replacement.

We walked over a couple of the bridges and settled into a couple of lounge chairs near the lazy river.

I hopped in the pool while Franklin took some more pictures.

DSC_0362-L.jpg

DSC_0363-L.jpg

DSC_0365-L.jpg

DSC_0366-L.jpg

DSC_0367-L.jpg

DSC_0368-L.jpg

DSC_0369-L.jpg

Eventually, he put his big camera in a locker and joined me.

PA030001-L.jpg

The sand bottom was such a cool sensation.

PA030005-XL.jpg

PA030012-L.jpg

While I was happily bobbing along, sitting on my noodle... I turned around to find Franklin frantically trying to keep his head above water.

PA030007-L.jpg

You see, while the rest of us naturally float...Franklin does not. He sinks. So the “lazy” river was actually a lot of work for him, which cracked me up.

PA030010-L.jpg

And that’s where we stayed for the next couple of hours, just bobbing along. And talking to other guests, it's always so much fun to hear about other people's trips.

Just after 2, I got the text that our room was ready. So we dried off and headed upstairs to check it out. I was a little worried because I’ve heard so many horror stories over on DVC boards about the condition the DVC villas can sometimes be in, but our villa was in amazing shape and totally spotless!

The only thing we didn’t love about it was that it was a handicap accessible villa. So there was the bench in the shower and no tub, so water got EVERYWHERE.

DSC_0382-L.jpg

DSC_0388-L.jpg

DSC_0389-L.jpg

The first thing any Disney lover does when they get to their room is turn on Stacy!

DSC_0391-L.jpg

DSC_0392-L.jpg

There was even a towel animal on the bed!

DSC_0395-L.jpg

We called for our bags and began to settle in. We both took showers and got dressed because we had a date with the Food and Wine Festival for dinner!

That’s where we’ll stop for now, but for those of you who have stayed at Beach Club before, what’s your favorite part of SAB?

OMG! I LOVE the pic of your toes in the sand!!

::yes::

More awesome photos of the Beach Club... and SAB ... I don't if it will be warm enough to swim when we're there in 2 weeks... but it is an fabulous pool...

and your studio (you had a studio?) looks really lovely ... I've heard some complaints (or read complaints) so I'm glad to hear everything was up to snuff...

Looking forward to Food and Wine...

Definitely the first thing we do is turn on Stacy!! ::yes:: By the end of my trip I am always narrating right along with her. It's like no other channels exist on my vacation... all Stacy, all the time. :lmao:

LOVE and ADORE your Beach Club photos. Please share all of them. Every. Last. One.

My favorite place on earth and I can't thank you enough for the virtual vacation.

Ok, who steals a buoy. Seriously. Who??? :confused3 Sorry that got in the way of your SAB enjoyment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter