Hanging up my running shoes

Spending some time this morning before a 10.5 mile run catching up on journals. Some thoughts:

1. I've been very anti-cruise for some time now. My family went together when I was 13 or so and I had a blast, but ever since I've been very uninterested. But those photos... I might be sold on going on another one day. But only if I can get that view. I could use some adventures and warm weather and beaches...

2. Looking forward to reading your recap! I'll have to mosey on over there :)

It's 521 Miles to Chicago. It's Dark and We're wearing Sunglasses - HIT IT! A 2018 Training Journal Con't

h4uVUQs.gif

Hello, Friends!!!

I've been neglecting my journal for my trip report (plus, we haven't run since returning from our Dopey weekend), but I figure it's a new year with new goals and it's time to HIT IT!!!

M82FEYm.gif

New year also means new title. I love doing that because it messes with people's heads. :D

Sort of like my new avatar!! Sticking with my plan to change my avatar to match my big race goals.

Because this year, this journal is all about Chicago, baby!!!

giphy.gif

We are not planning on any Disney races this year. :sad: But, it is all focus on the Chicago Marathon. Woohoo!!

Last year ended up being a great year for us. We worked hard on increasing our training mileage. We ended the year with 917 miles which is WAAAAY more than we've ever run in previous years and I think that increase had a lot to do with our success. I ended up with new PRs in both the half and full marathon distances which made me really happy and proud of the year we had.

And, of course while it officially happened in 2018, we were able to cap off all of that with a successful Dopey Challenge completion! YAY!!!

So, what's up for this year? The A goal is completing the Chicago Marathon with a new PR that starts with a 4:xx:xx. I was working hard toward that this year, but some unexpectedly hot weather in November derailed that plan, but I remain convinced it's achievable for me.

The other new thing this year is we are officially going to give a should-be-patented @DopeyBadger plan a try. We've used Galloway training plans (with our own modifications in 2017) for 5 years now and after reading of all the successes of other people in using a DB plan, we want to give it a shot. I'm waiting on the official plan from Billy right now, but we'll be kicking off quite soon.

As most of you know, we've always been interval runners and we plan to continue that, but we also want to experiment with putting in some continuous runs as well and see how that works for us. We've already got a couple of other races planned as well, but I'll save the race schedule and planning for another post. Lots of excitement ahead for this year, and it means a lot to me for those of you who follow along, so I hope you'll stick with me in 2018 as we try to reach that elusive sub-5 marathon goal!

PoG82bu.gif

I haven't run either but we will have some good weather this weekend so maybe I will get out.

Love the new avatar but it will take some getting used too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter