• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ham and cheese in France

The ham and cheese croissant and chocolate mousse are a MUST for us every single trip. DD9 asked that we go twice this trip because it's her favorite meal. I managed to work it in THREE times! Now I can finally try the ham and cheese baguette! I never want to give up the croissant to try the baguette, but now I can have my croissant on the first visit, try the baguette on the second, and have an encore of whichever I want on the third. :cool1:

16 days and counting...Croissants, baguettes, chocolate mousse, and napoleans here I come! :love:

the cheese used is emmental, and mild nutty cheese its easily recognizable as a hard cheese with holes;)
traditionally the croissant should be served warm, enough to make the croissant soft, not hot as to make the edges hard, a real croissant is soft..

the cheese platter is also very good if ur looking for a different cheesy experience...

i would recommend the napoleon or a strawberry tartlets...
i lived in france for a long time, dh and my boys are french citizens and the food is very similar to the stuff you d get in a real boulangerie (except the mickey ears;))

scojos said:
the food is very similar to the stuff you d get in a real boulangerie (except the mickey ears )
I only vacationed there, but i agree that its very similar to the boulangeries in paris.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I only vacationed there, but i agree that its very similar to the boulangeries in paris.

esp the bread, french men get very funny about their bread, dh brought a baguette (just the bread, no cheese, butter, just bread) and ate it walking out of IG on the way home... we got some wierd looks!!::yes::

scojos said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by goofyintoronto

esp the bread, french men get very funny about their bread, dh brought a baguette (just the bread, no cheese, butter, just bread) and ate it walking out of IG on the way home... we got some wierd looks!!

LOL! thats funny. I dont blame your hubby. id do the same. im a huge sucker for a good baugette!

scojos said:
the cheese used is emmental, and mild nutty cheese its easily recognizable as a hard cheese with holes;)
traditionally the croissant should be served warm, enough to make the croissant soft, not hot as to make the edges hard, a real croissant is soft..

the cheese platter is also very good if ur looking for a different cheesy experience...

i would recommend the napoleon or a strawberry tartlets...
i lived in france for a long time, dh and my boys are french citizens and the food is very similar to the stuff you d get in a real boulangerie (except the mickey ears;))

Exactly what was on our tray last visit...ham and cheese croissant, cheese platter, Napoleon and strawberry tartlets. I dare to say it was the best meal we had the entire trip, and we were on the dining plan with a TS every day. Can't wait to repeat that exact meal in November...maybe twice.

In all my trips to Disney how have I missed this! I have to get one of those (yes, I mean one of everything mentioned)!:lmao:

Thanks for the cheese info! I am usually not a big cheese person; I dislike cheese cold (which is why my love for my "cold" sandwich in Paris surprised me so!)

It sounds like they do a very good job fitting your description; that's how my sandwich was today. DH will try a Napoleon tomorrow then probably; I'm afraid I don't care for strawberries. :(

And I would absolutely eat a baguette plain walking out of IG too! :)

Thanks for the cheese info! I am usually not a big cheese person; I dislike cheese cold (which is why my love for my "cold" sandwich in Paris surprised me so!)

It sounds like they do a very good job fitting your description; that's how my sandwich was today. DH will try a Napoleon tomorrow then probably; I'm afraid I don't care for strawberries. :(

And I would absolutely eat a baguette plain walking out of IG too!
:)

do it!!!!!!!!!:cloud9:

Can't wait to share one of these with DH in a couple of weeks! Yum! What an amazing snack credit!

And yes, we've shared in the past...though maybe not this time. ;) Since you all have me drooling already! I might smack his hand away...

I've been eyeballing that ham & cheese croissant for years! This thread settles it! It's on the list for our next visit!! Can't wait to try it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter