Haloween Specials

Enright78

A bit of a lurker!!
Can any one help me with advice on special events at MK or US at Haloween? Links or tips would be helpful. Thanks :)

Hi Fiona :) There are the Hallowe'en Horror Nights in Universal and Mickey's Not So Scary Hallowe'en party in the Magic Kingdom, here is a link to the info we have - the dates for this year have not been announced yet.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/halloween.htm

Here is a description of Universal's HHN - ".......... They have hundreds of scareactors all across the park - in the streets, on rides, and in the five haunted mazes. The lights in the park are left off, or replaced with black lights and strobe lights. All the streets are covered in thick fog. The event is very intense. Scareactors will jump out at you, shake cans of rocks in your face, and chase after you the entire night. It is a very popular event, and on weekends especially, lines will be long."

Whilst Disney's MNSSHP as it is known, is a very gentle affair much more suitable for younger children and also lots of people dress up for the occasion. You cannot dress up for Universal's HHN since the actors need to be distinguishable from the public.
Both require separate admission, but if you are in Universal you can upgrade your park admission to a "Stay & Scream" !!

Well, I've done MNSSHP at the MK and thought it was wonderful...worth every penny of extra entrance fee. Special parades and fireworks, Trick or Treating (for kids or adults ;) ) fancy dress if you want, but no worries if you don't...and an all round wonderful party atmosphere. I'd definately do it again if I was there at that time of year and recommend it! :)

Penny :)

Hi

We have done both HHN & MNSSHP, they were great. I feel the HHN is a more 'adult evening' although there was plently of kids there - it may just be me - a proper scary cat :D We are going to both again this year. MNSSHP was brilliant - the costumes were fabulous. We went on Buzz Lightyear and there were so many little Buzz and Woody's queueing to go on - it was great.

I would recommend both to you :D

Kaylee

I just thought as well...BoardWalk Resort also put on some nice smaller Halloween entertainments on the 31st, and they are free. Might be worth considering as a cheaper alternative...or even an 'as well as' option :)

Penny :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter