HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Runners go through DTD on both the 10K and the 1/2 Marathon. I would think that the ice rink in the middle would make it a tight fit as RunDisney tries to keep DTD for the race AND for guests either getting to the Parks or spectating. Just my thoughts.

Runners go through DTD on both the 10K and the 1/2 Marathon. I would think that the ice rink in the middle would make it a tight fit as RunDisney tries to keep DTD for the race AND for guests either getting to the Parks or spectating. Just my thoughts.

2tinkerbell --

Aha! Thank you so much for speaking about that. That makes more sense now, as the MiceAge rumor said that Disney is planning to put the ice rink in DCA this year, with a Frozen mini-land in that area too. I was thinking it was a bad idea to take the rink out of DTD because it brought more people into DTD to ice skate (not to mention the fact that Frozen doesn't fit in Hollywood Land).

However, since the Avengers marathon weekend is taking place on what I assume will also be the first weekend of the holiday season, you're right -- it would be a tight fit in DTD if the rink returned. They'd either have to put the rink up after the marathon was over, and after the season had already begun...or move it indoors.

Good insight! Yep, it sounds like there won't be a rink in DTD this year!

2tinkerbell -- Aha! Thank you so much for speaking about that. That makes more sense now, as the MiceAge rumor said that Disney is planning to put the ice rink in DCA this year, with a Frozen mini-land in that area too. I was thinking it was a bad idea to take the rink out of DTD because it brought more people into DTD to ice skate (not to mention the fact that Frozen doesn't fit in Hollywood Land). However, since the Avengers marathon weekend is taking place on what I assume will also be the first weekend of the holiday season, you're right -- it would be a tight fit in DTD if the rink returned. They'd either have to put the rink up after the marathon was over, and after the season had already begun...or move it indoors. Good insight! Yep, it sounds like there won't be a rink in DTD this year!

I don't know if I should discuss this here or over on the holiday thread, but do you think they'll have the ice rink be a free event or a paid one? I know it was a pay event in DTD and obviously they have "extras" in the park you pay for, but I wonder what the plan for this would be (if the rumor is true of course).

I don't know if I should discuss this here or over on the holiday thread, but do you think they'll have the ice rink be a free event or a paid one? I know it was a pay event in DTD and obviously they have "extras" in the park you pay for, but I wonder what the plan for this would be (if the rumor is true of course).

You have to pay to skate at DHS with an ice rink inside the park. So I'd be shocked if you didn't still have to pay if it moved into DCA.

My instinctive guess is that it would still be a paid for event even if it was located inside DCA. The closest example we have (that I can think of) is the ice skating rink over at DHS (part of the Frozen Summer Fun event). They charge for that (based on 30 minute increments and it includes the skate rental) and it's located inside DHS. If they do have a mini-Frozen land of some sort in DCA, I would think it would similar to what they have in DHS.

You have to pay to skate at DHS with an ice rink inside the park. So I'd be shocked if you didn't still have to pay if it moved into DCA.

See, I didn't even know there was one at DHS! (I honestly don't pay much attention to WDW). Then, yes I would agree it would be done the same.

See, I didn't even know there was one at DHS! (I honestly don't pay much attention to WDW). Then, yes I would agree it would be done the same.

It's been a pretty big deal there. It started this summer and has been extended a couple times already. It began as "Frozen Summer Fun" but is extending through October.

They added a small opening deal (which has really bottlenecked things at rope drop. Late morning they do a short little processional/parade that includes Kristoff on one float and A/E riding in on a sleigh. But they pilfered a variety of elements from the Christmas parade, so nobody knows what they'll do from November forward because they'll need those parts back (presumably).

They also included a sing-a-long and Frozen themed fireworks (the park previously did not offer regular fireworks). It has been a huge hit. No meet and greet at that park though. They are only in the MK to meet.

And after you have recharged your batteries with the Pumpkin Spice Monster Trail Mix I mentioned here earlier this morning...stop in at Dunkin' Donuts to pick up a Pumpkin Crème Brulee Latte or a Pumpkin Mocha!!!!!!!!

The Pumpkin Domination continues!!!:rotfl2: I am not even a fan of pumpkin flavoring, but I love that the pumpkin (and caramel apples, and candy corn, and maple) is taking over, and everything -- even unexpected things such as gum -- is getting a Fall/Halloween flavor makeover! It means summer is almost gone, thank the heavens!:cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::yay::yay:

:dance3::woohoo::dance3:

Jamie --

You're not the only one who didn't realize that there was an ice rink in DHS!:rotfl: I only pay attention to certain WDW-related things, such as specific holiday things or Halloween things, and I even pay attention to the Flower and Garden Festival, but I pay no attention to summer stuff at WDW.

I was aware that there was a Frozen Summer Fun thing happening, but I didn't look at the details of the event at all. :rotfl2:

I'm glad that Janet and figment_jii were able to answer your question, and now that I see that there is a rink in DHS, I agree that an ice rink in DCA/HL would probably be run like the one in DHS (if an ice rink is coming to DCA/HL, that is -- but all signs seem to be pointing in that general direction).

*waves from Sydney Australia *
Husband and I are having are first visit to WDW this Oct. We have our tickets for the Mackey party.
Just waiting on the date we want for the other Halloween party :)

Thank you for this thread it is great Sherry
Ps I have read the beginning and the first twenty pages

darn see what happens when you do something at midnght

Ok we are going to disneyland in Anaheim. Sheesh and my wonderful spell checker didnt like Mickey :badpc:

:rotfl: Oh, when TulipsNZ said she wanted to take the teapot pumpkin home, I thought she meant the candle holder (it was the wanting one that threw me!). I'm pretty sure the Mrs. Potts pumpkin is a window display (i.e., not something sold in the stores). Although...with a few of the foam pumpkins and a foam gourd from a craft store...some glue...and some paint...one might be able to re-create it!

Oh I know it's a window display it's just so cute! I love Beauty & the Beast though.

I'm getting so excited for our trip, only 3 weeks to go! Here's a couple of pics of the man-eating wreath that my husband made me, I absolutely love Haunted Mansion Holiday. :)

And after you have recharged your batteries with the Pumpkin Spice Monster Trail Mix I mentioned here earlier this morning...stop in at Dunkin' Donuts to pick up a Pumpkin Crème Brulee Latte or a Pumpkin Mocha!!!!!!!! The Pumpkin Domination continues!!!:rotfl2: I am not even a fan of pumpkin flavoring, but I love that the pumpkin (and caramel apples, and candy corn, and maple) is taking over, and everything -- even unexpected things such as gum -- is getting a Fall/Halloween flavor makeover! It means summer is almost gone, thank the heavens!:cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::yay::yay: :dance3::woohoo::dance3: ).

I wished there was a Dunkin' Donuts in my area! I am all about Pumpkin everything. The kids are back in school, I think it is time for summer to be over and bring on the fall, especially the weather! :-)

I'm getting so excited for our trip, only 3 weeks to go! Here's a couple of pics of the man-eating wreath that my husband made me, I absolutely love Haunted Mansion Holiday. :) http://s51.photobucket.com/user/bri...e-4f99-ac49-474b308a580b_zpscd9ddce6.jpg.html http://s51.photobucket.com/user/bri...d-4fd8-a769-b55ada4c341d_zpsa3de6c7c.jpg.html

That is really cool and so creative! My 4 year old has recently become obsessed with NBC and cannot wait to see Zero fly during MHP.

I wished there was a Dunkin' Donuts in my area! I am all about Pumpkin everything. The kids are back in school, I think it is time for summer to be over and bring on the fall, especially the weather! :-)

Did you ever end up using your Sprinkles Cupcakes gift card, Vintage Mousketeer? I meant to tell you before that I think you can use it online, on their website, though I could be wrong. There is a store in Newport Beach too, so maybe that one is more convenient for you??

There is pretty much pumpkin, caramel apple and candy corn-flavored/scented everything hitting the shelves right now, and I think it will probably increase (more items will appear) over the next month. I have been waiting for summer to end since it began!

Did you ever end up using your Sprinkles Cupcakes gift card, Vintage Mousketeer? I meant to tell you before that I think you can use it online, on their website, though I could be wrong. There is a store in Newport Beach too, so maybe that one is more convenient for you?? There is pretty much pumpkin, caramel apple and candy corn-flavored/scented everything hitting the shelves right now, and I think it will probably increase (more items will appear) over the next month. I have been waiting for summer to end since it began!

I have yet to use it..... It is always a case of I forget when I am in an area of one of the Sprinkle stores or I do not have the energy to fight for parking since it seems like they're not centrally located. Lol

Will you be in the parks at all for the first weekend of Halloween/ Dapper Day ? I would love to meet you :-)

I have a question about watching the MHP fireworks from main street. If we arrive about 20-25 minutes before the fireworks could we get a spot near the back edge of the hub (not necessarily in it) towards the main street photo store and would me and my short kids be able to see there?

Also I thought I read a suggestion to arrive about 30 minutes before 3pm (for a 6 pm party) to get in quicker for the party. Is that correct?

I don't know how it went for everybody else watching the MHP Fireworks last year, but if we had waited until only 20-25 minutes before they began, to find a spot on Main Street, we would have been out of luck for any kind of decent viewing:sad2:!

We had to stake out a spot a full hour ahead(as it was already getting crowded on Mn. St.), and it wasn't that great---adequate, but not great. We were there the week of Oct. 6th--12th.:)

In the last couple of years have they been selling Minnie Mouse Witch Hat? The last time I went at Halloween (2009) it's all I wanted but could never find one to buy. I'm not sure if it's a normal idem they carry annually in the resort or if I should find one online?

So this morning as we were running backstage during the 10k I saw this and knew I had to stop and take a picture for you guys!

image_zpsa1e01201.jpg

Davidg83 --

I love that behind-the-scenes shot! I love seeing the giant Mickey pumpkin outside of his usual post in Town Square!:rotfl2:

Might I add, the Mickey pumpkin looks better in Town Square. For some reason...he is not as impressive backstage!:rotfl:

quick question, do most of the people dress up at the halloween party? What would you say is the percentage of people that dress up? 10%? 90%!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter