Halloween Question

IrenicMom

DIS Veteran
I think I remember someone saying last year there were costume parties on sailings throughout October.

Due to a change in the school calendar (grrrrr), we'll be doing the 3 day, 10/28-31. So, my question - did they do costume parties on the 3 day last year? Would they likely have one since we're disembarking on Halloween?

We went this past October and yes they had costume parties and a "trick or treat" thing for the kids. Nothing major but just enough to realize it was October and Halloween time. We were on the Wonder for the actual Halloween date but hey did the trick or treating night during the same programming time as they did through out the entire month of October. Basically DCL plans stuff for when it works for the general programming and it didn't matter when Halloween actual fell. Enjoy!

We will be on the Magic from October 23rd - 30th, and when I called DCL they said there will be no recognition of Halloween because we won't be on-board on the actual holiday. Is that true? Halloween is DH's favorite holiday!

I think they did the Halloween stuff in 2010 as an after thought because we all got letters a week or two before we cruised telling us about the Halloween "celebration". But nothing was noted at the time we booked October earlier in 2010. Like I said there wasn't a whole lot to it but it was kinda neat for the kids and I can't imagine it cost DCL hardly anything. I'd be surprised if they didn't do something along those lines again but you just never know with Disney!

We did Halloween 2008 on the Magic. Like an above poster said they had stations where they gave out candy for the kids. They did have a costume contest. Can't recall who won but one guy who didn't win was dressed as Brent and kept saying G'Day to everyone. The staff loved it and signed a photo for him and left some goodies for him in his stateroom.

I was a little disappointed in the halloween celebration. We were on the ship over halloween and it wasn't a big deal. Yes they had the trick or treat and a deck party which wasn't all that great. I was hoping for activities, dance party or something like that.

We will be on the Magic from October 23rd - 30th, and when I called DCL they said there will be no recognition of Halloween because we won't be on-board on the actual holiday. Is that true? Halloween is DH's favorite holiday!

Hi, TKH. Welcome to Disboards. I will be on this cruise as well. If you would like, go over to the cruise meets thread and join our cruise meet. This cruise seems to be pretty full already. I say the more, the merrier.

I have posted the link to our cruise meet here for your convience.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1988141

The link below is a list of Halloween activities from 2005:
http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/photos/personal-navigator/pages/scan0015.htm

We were on the 2009 3-night cruise and the activities were very similiar. They all occured on Nassau day (not on Halloween). The decorations on the ship were minimal, a few carved pumpkins at different public locations, but I thought the activities were fun. The parade at the end was a great way to allow everyone to participate and everyone's costumes were awesome. It seemed to wrap up around the time the main dinner seating started though. Dinner was then a fun mix of pirate and Halloween costumes.

Pages 21 & 22 of our trip report from last year have photos of the parade and the carved pumpkins:
http://home.earthlink.net/~runskyhy/TR20091124Asmall.pdf

FYI, The 2009 Halloween activities letter from DCL can be found in post #1 of this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286623

Have a great time on yoru vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter