Halloween on the high seas

For us, adults and kids are dressing up for both Halloween party night and pirate night. But our costumes are on the simple side - like themed t-shirt & tutu, or costumes we can create with regular clothes + accessories. We are trying to save on luggage space. :)

Does the Halloween Party take the place of Pirate Night on a 3 night cruise?

Does the Halloween Party take the place of Pirate Night on a 3 night cruise?
The Halloween events are in the late afternoon (for kids), Pirate night activities between and just after the two dinner seatings, and adult Halloween events after that.

Are scary costumes, like a zombie, ok?

Definitely not if it is a zombified Disney character. Years ago I saw them pull a Cinderella with fake blood dripping from her neck at Not So Scary (sis got us tickets) and the next time we saw her that was all cleaned up, so apparently she was told she needed to modify it.

I would not go super scary - but then I've never gotten the whole adult fascination with Halloween anyway.

This adult will be dressing up for Halloween on the 10/14 Magic out of NY. My husband who hates to dress up is wearing a t-shirt that complements my costume (he doesn't know it yet lol). Our 2 year old Granddaughter will wear a tutu in the same theme.

I am also dressing up for pirate night and will wear a t-shirt for Marvel day....a spider man t-shirt that has "Parker" on the back (my name is Mary Jane so its appropriate haha!).

MJ

This adult will be dressing up for Halloween on the 10/14 Magic out of NY. My husband who hates to dress up is wearing a t-shirt that complements my costume (he doesn't know it yet lol). Our 2 year old Granddaughter will wear a tutu in the same theme.

I am also dressing up for pirate night and will wear a t-shirt for Marvel day....a spider man t-shirt that has "Parker" on the back (my name is Mary Jane so its appropriate haha!).

MJ

Are we supposed to dress up for Marvel day too? So that's three 'costume' days then.

Brent the cruise director once dressed as a ghoul with full make-up....I have a pic somewhere I'll see if I can find.

MJ

Are we supposed to dress up for Marvel day too? So that's three 'costume' days then.

Of course you don't have to!! We are just wearing T-shirts (which we had already) but I thought I did see some promo about dressing like your favorite Marvel character. Can't remember if it was in an email or a promo.

MJ

We don't participate in Halloween or pirate night anymore. But enjoy watching folks that do. :)

I think it was last year on the Fantasy that I saw a group dressed as Ghostbusters and the Stay Puft Man. THAT was awesome and so creative. I always admire other folks and their creativity as I am very challenged in that area. lol

For our Star Wars cruises this year, my husband and son did dress in SW gear and that was pretty fun.

What sailing was it? We were dressed as that last year. My son was stay puft. Labor Day sailing.

It's my understanding that there is a whole adult Halloween party that night complete with costume contest.

There have been in the past....they were fun! One cruise it was held in Fathoms and another cruise it was held up on deck. I was Maleficent one cruise. People are very creative with their costumes.

MJ

If everyone dressed as their favorite Marvel character that would mean a lot of people in spandex. :scared1:

Just saw this on the Dis:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...-for-marvel-day-at-sea-on-disney-cruise-line/

In less than a month, Marvel Day at Sea will debut on select cruises departing from New York City.

Marvel Day at Sea will host an impressive combination of immersive entertainment that will encourage guests to uncover their “hidden superhuman abilities.” Take a look at some of the highlights that await your family on this special day of your cruise vacation:

• Family Costume Celebration
    Guests are invited to bring their most heroic (or villainous) costumes on the cruise. During this special celebration that will take place in the atrium of the ship, families are encouraged to dress up in Marvel-themed groups.
  • Super Hero Training for Kids
    For young heroes-in-training, Marvel-themed games, activities and arts and crafts will be offered throughout the day in Marvel’s Avengers Academy. Super Heroes like Spider-Man, Black Widow, Thor, and Hawkeye will teach kids the true qualities of being a hero. Kids can enjoy interactive experiences such as secret agent training, learn the path to becoming worthy with Thor, and hone their reflexes, speed, and intellect with Spider-Man.
  • Film Screenings
    Exclusive at-sea screenings of favorite films from the Marvel Cinematic Universe including the newest theatrical releases, as well as viewings of the Disney XD shows: Marvel’s Avengers Assemble, Marvel’s Spider-Man and Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy. The newest Marvel cinematic feature, Thor: Ragnarok, debuts onboard November 3, the same day as in theaters on land.
  • Marvel Trivia
    Kids and families are invited to show off their Marvel knowledge and enjoy friendly competition during trivia games, covering courageous heroes and fun facts from the Marvel Universe. If you’re new to Marvel or you just need to brush up a bit, join in a session that will cover the basics of the Marvel Universe so you can stay up-to-speed during the entire event.
  • Fun with Mickey and Friends
    Classic Disney characters are getting in on the action too! Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip, and Dale will be dressing up to honor their favorite Marvel Super Heroes, and young cruisers won’t want to miss this opportunity to have some fun and dance with the gang up on deck.
Additionally, there will be many opportunities for meeting-and-greeting with some of the most powerful Marvel Super Heroes and Villains such as an interactive show that will take place inside the Walt Disney Theatre with Doctor Strange. Guests will also be able to learn how to draw Super Heroes like Spider-Man, Captain, Iron Man, and Groot and even take a quiz to see which Marvel comic is the perfect one for you.

You can also meet and hear behind-the-scenes stories from some of Marvel’s animation, game, and publishing insiders. This action-packed day will feature an extraordinary evening deck show like you’ve never seen before. More details on that are coming so be sure to stay tuned.

Marvel Day at Sea premieres on select 7- and 8-night Disney Cruise Line sailings from New York this fall, and returns on select 5-night Western Caribbean cruises from Miami in early 2018.

MJ

View attachment 266501 My Family picks a different theme every cruise in 2015 we were Toy Story characters. This year each family will be different super heroes. Nothing to over the top-Just fun!
OMG I love your barbie!!

I'm fulfilling my dream of becoming Ariel, I hope I don't look like a gigantic dork but i don't care, that's why these ships are fun

I was curious about this too. Our cruise is in 9 days and my husband and I haven't gotten costumes and I'm not sure if I want to drop the money on them, plus neither of us is crafty enough to make our own. I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one not in costume. :rolleyes1
Hubby and I were Jake from State Farm and Flo from Progressive. You can find the name badges and all online(and ship it quickly), think it was like $12.00. He had a red polo style shirt and khakis, I had a "Flo" outfit. It was simple and easy to pack. The characters loved it and other passengers were taking selfies with us. LOL
Something easy and funny if you want to dress up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter