Halloween on the high seas

Tricia romano

Earning My Ears
does everyone get
Dressed up like they do on pirate night?
Do they have photos with the characters dressed up?

I was curious about this too. Our cruise is in 9 days and my husband and I haven't gotten costumes and I'm not sure if I want to drop the money on them, plus neither of us is crafty enough to make our own. I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one not in costume. :rolleyes1

I was curious about this too. Our cruise is in 9 days and my husband and I haven't gotten costumes and I'm not sure if I want to drop the money on them, plus neither of us is crafty enough to make our own. I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one not in costume. :rolleyes1
There are people onboard who don't "do" the Halloween thing. So there are plenty of people who don't wear Halloween costumes.

We enjoyed a Halloween celebration day on the Dream in September last year. While there were some adults in costume, most were not. Of those that were, they ranged from simple to simply outrageous - stage quality type costumes. It was just my wife and I, no kiddies, and we enjoyed the excitement.

Next cruise in spring with a Star Wars Day.

The majority of the kids were dressed up. Adults definitely not as much! The characters are the greatest in their costumes!

For my upcoming cruise I've got three costumes (well four if you include the mermaid leggings for my Disney Parks day)! I love costumes. My girls and I are going as the kittens from Aristocats for Halloween. I've got a simple pirate night outfit. And for Marvel day I'll be Medusa.

I just had matching t shirts made. Goofy I know, but I wanted something we could wear again at Disney or on another cruise. We're adult cruisers so this was for the adult halloween party.

On our one and only Halloween cruise, I was in awe at how good and well thought out some of costumes were. Definitely a lower amount of dressed up adults but the ones we say were definitely well costumed.

I look forward to seeing more of the same on our cruise next week.

Cruise 1 we did not, Regretted that. Year's on absolutely yes. This is coming from a NANA. A Sr Mom :)

We're going as the Frankenstein family. DW, DD1 & DD2 are all riffing on the Bride of Frankenstein while DS & I are going as Frank & Frank Jr. Easy to pack costumes!

Do not go "Overboard". But have an eye patch and a bandana ,,, :)

Our group of 4 adults will be in low key costumes. Matching shirts with homemade designs and accessories.

Yes usually an adult costume party with prizes

Last edited:
We don't participate in Halloween or pirate night anymore. But enjoy watching folks that do. :)

I think it was last year on the Fantasy that I saw a group dressed as Ghostbusters and the Stay Puft Man. THAT was awesome and so creative. I always admire other folks and their creativity as I am very challenged in that area. lol

For our Star Wars cruises this year, my husband and son did dress in SW gear and that was pretty fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter