Halloween at DL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to figure out how to add photos just for this thread. My little way of giving back for all the great advice I've pilfered from the DIS the last 2 years.:)

OK, so I've got the photos in Photobucket ... now what? I can put a link in here but not the actual photo.

PHXscuba

Okay...somewhere underneath or next to each photo you will see a series of 4 codes. Look for the "IMG" code (usually the last one). Click on it to highlight, then copy (Ctrl C) and paste (Ctrl V) it over here directly in the post. Don't leave out any part of the code, just copy and paste the entire thing once it's highlighted.

I think I figured this out (sort of):

I loved the Mickey pumpkins everywhere!
HalloA.jpg

HalloB.jpg

HalloC.jpg

At the entrance to California Adventure:
HalloD.jpg

Candy Corn Acres (note Heimlich peeking out of the giant candy corn)
HalloE.jpg

Being from Arizona, we were particularly fond of the candy corn cactuses (cacti?)
HalloF.jpg

I could have stood at the window of Marceline's (in DTD) watching them make Mickey apples all day!
HalloG.jpg

Sorry the pix are so big ... I'm still learning how to do this.

PHXscuba

Excellent, PHXscuba - you mastered Photobucket (and you see my photos were super-large before it occurred to me to change the size prior to uploading them, so it is a common thing to do!) and came through with photos, all for the sake of our little Halloween Superthread in the making!!!:thumbsup2 I especially love the ones of the pumpkins above the turnstiles at DL - we needed those to be seen in this thread! For some reason, I can never manage to get any photos of those. When I have tried during the daytime, there are too many people everywhere, pushing and knocking me to try to get past. At night, forget about it. I have not figured out the settings on my camera well enough to know how to take a good nighttime shot, and my friend tried to get those pumpkins at night and all we saw was a big blur!!:rotfl2: I keep telling myself that, one of these days during Halloweentime, I am going to get on the DLR property super early and walk around to take photos of that stuff at the entry before anyone else arrives!!

I reduced my photos to 4x6 in Picasa before I uploaded them, but maybe I need to export them smaller. Oh well, I like seeing the details. I have some other photos, but they have my kids in them and I'm not nuts about putting photos of them up publicly. :)That is the back of us you see in the foreground of the Golden Gate bridge shot.:)

If there's anything in particular someone wants to see a picture of that I have, I'll post it with the kids' faces blurred. But that's a lot of work to do it in 10 more shots!

PHXscuba

Speaking of the entrance pumpkins, I tried to take a photo of it lit up at night but it came out blurry...however, I caught a ghost in the left hand corner! Oooh, it really IS Halloween! :laughing:
DSCN0188.jpg

Here's a Donald and Daisy display at World of Disney. I just love it when I see Daisy somewhere, it's so rare!
DSCN0815.jpg

Oddly enough, I didn't take very many pictures at Mickey's ToT Party. I did get a couple from the Trick or Treat on the Street calvacade though.

Character float
DSCN0820.jpg

Witchy dancers. :)
DSCN0821.jpg

I reduced my photos to 4x6 in Picasa before I uploaded them, but maybe I need to export them smaller. Oh well, I like seeing the details. I have some other photos, but they have my kids in them and I'm not nuts about putting photos of them up publicly. :)That is the back of us you see in the foreground of the Golden Gate bridge shot.:)

If there's anything in particular someone wants to see a picture of that I have, I'll post it with the kids' faces blurred. But that's a lot of work to do it in 10 more shots!

PHXscuba

I didn't know you could change the size in Photobucket, but I really like the large pictures anyway. I like how you can see so much detail, too.

Enjoying the pictures, everyone! Bring on some more! :)

Wonderful thread... Next year I believe my family and I will be there for all the halloween decorations. (14-21, October) It looks amazing!

I found some more photos which I hadn't posted yet:

image0516.jpg

image0601.jpg

I knew I had forgotten a character. ;)

image0714.jpg

I guess this board must be hoppin', because it is time to bump this thread again!:goodvibes So no one has come through with too much in the way of TOTP photos yet, I see. There are special decorations that go up just for the TOTP. Also, it would be cool to have photos of the food items, like the pumpkin muffin with the Mickey pumpkin stuck in the top, the pumpkin cupcake, the pumpkin fudge, the various Halloween cookies and apples (like the ones sold at Pooh corner), etc., etc.

And I have to get on with taking pictures of some DLR Halloween merchandise to add to this thread as well, so folks have an idea of what kinds of things to look for, even though I am sure some of the items won't be sold this Halloweentime and will be replaced by a whole new collection of goodies!!

Here are some pics that were already on my Photobucket, so I thought I'd share these.
This is from 2006 (the real 1st year of HalloweenTime).

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_2831.jpg

IMG_2832.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2844.jpg

IMG_2845.jpg

IMG_2847.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

IMG_2848.jpg

IMG_2860.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

This is also from 2006 during Mickey's Halloween Treat (before it changed to Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party).
The decorations are pretty much the same as the recent parties, except for the name. :thumbsup2

IMG_2868.jpg

IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

IMG_2914.jpg

IMG_2888.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

IMG_2870.jpg

IMG_2867.jpg

IMG_2932.jpg

IMG_2920.jpg

Those are fantastic, Disneylvrforever!!!:cool1::banana: You have been holding out on us this whole time when you had such amazing photos to share! :rotfl: What great additions to this thread!!

For anybody interested, I've got two sets on Flickr that contain pictures from my trip at Halloween 2008. I'm afraid it's a little late here for me to be linking / posting individual photos, so I'll just link the two sets below for now.

I'll warn you now though - this was my first trip so there's lots of "generic / non-halloween" DLR photos, but there's definitely some halloween specific ones there as well...

Set one

Set two

Agreed with {Kat}. We are looking into planning our first October trip to DL and this threat has been great! Keep up the good work everyone!

TXHMF

Agreed with {Kat}. We are looking into planning our first October trip to DL and this threat has been great! Keep up the good work everyone!

TXHMF
It is wonderful for knowing what the park could look like while you will be there, isn't it?

Good! I am so glad to know that the efforts to keep this thread afloat are working to portray DLR at Halloweentime for those planning a future trip.:goodvibes For some reason, our similar Christmas super thread was much easier and faster to catch on. Well, I shouldn't say "for some reason." I know why - it's because DLR at Christmastime is very immersive, and pretty much every inch of the Resort is sprinkled with holiday magic. If you can't see it, touch it, smell it or taste it, then you can hear it! No corner is left unattended to. It is very detailed. So because of that immense attention to detail and the sheer variety of things to see, do, eat, buy, hear, etc., during Christmastime, people have more things to take photos of. Hence, the quick replies to and popularity of our "Disney at Christmas" thread. Halloweentime, while great, is not as all-encompassing and thorough as Christmastime is at DLR. I think DLR is working on trying to get it to that point, but I don't think it will ever quite be a total, all-around Resort transformation like you will find during the Christmas season.

Still, Halloweentime deserves its own Superthread. We need to see what kinds of food items there are to be had; what kinds of merchandise there is to buy; what kinds of decorations and characters are out at the Trick or Treat Party; what kinds of PhotoPass pictures people took, etc., etc.... so we must carry on and keep this little thread a-rockin' and a-rollin'!!:cool1:

Ok, I am in the extremely initial stages of planning our fall trip. My wife would love to see Disney at Halloween time as we havent been there when its all done up.

Im sorry if this has already been answered here but.....What date exactly are all the decorations up? I have heard sept 26th but I dont know if that is when they get started putting them up and arent done till oct 1st or are they...bam....all there on spt 26th? Or does it take that week or so to really get everything up and you wont get the full experience till oct 1st? Also when does The Haunted Mansion open for Halloween? Is it sept 26th or oct 1st?

The reason I ask is if you get the whole shabang on the 26th we might plan on doing the 5 for 3 deal. If it doesnt really get started till oct 1st we may just wait till then and pay the normal rates.

We are planning a fall trip - right now I have hojo's booked for October 3 - 9. I really want to see disney at halloween so I am quite excited. My DD and DH really want to ride Star Tours again so hopefully it is closing in late October not early or our dates may be changing! I love this thread

Ok, I am in the extremely initial stages of planning our fall trip. My wife would love to see Disney at Halloween time as we havent been there when its all done up.

Im sorry if this has already been answered here but.....What date exactly are all the decorations up? I have heard sept 26th but I dont know if that is when they get started putting them up and arent done till oct 1st or are they...bam....all there on spt 26th? Or does it take that week or so to really get everything up and you wont get the full experience till oct 1st? Also when does The Haunted Mansion open for Halloween? Is it sept 26th or oct 1st?

The reason I ask is if you get the whole shabang on the 26th we might plan on doing the 5 for 3 deal. If it doesnt really get started till oct 1st we may just wait till then and pay the normal rates.

Yes, I mentioned the dates in a couple of posts earlier in this thread, but I will mention them again!:goodvibes

This year, unless there is a drastic change in how they do things at DLR, Halloweentime should begin on Friday, September 24th. It is almost always the last Friday in September when it begins, except for in 2007, when it was the next to last Friday that it began.

The Trick or Treat Party itself usually begins on the first Friday in October, so exactly one week after Halloweentime starts at DLR. This means the TOTP should begin on Friday, October 1.

So this means Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy (if that returns this year) will be up and running on 9/24, as will any Halloween fireworks and decorations, but the TOTP will start the following week - again, unless there is a change in the DLR schedule and in how they do things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter