Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

Those are fighting words! :lmao:;)

I was shocked too. Maybe Hallmark got the NHL/Rangers permission to use their logo as showing an advertized product? Like when we see the Folgers coffee canister sitting way too obviously on the counter in the movie. I noticed in Christmas With the Darlings that the 2 leads ate Campbell's tomato soup by dipping in grilled cheese sandwiches, just like one of the Campbell's Soup commercials. Then the commercial break showed a different Campbell's Soup commercial.

I said up-thread that Disney should think about doing that on Freeform as a way to make their own Christmas movies. People naturally wear Disney/Star Wars/Marvel stuff all the time in real life and have memorabilia prominently all over the place.
You've been peeking at my house! Anything shot in any room would look like a promo for Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, etc.... :flower:

Well she’s actually 32 and this is her 3rd child, so she’s not exactly in her twenties. But I agree, hallmark needs to start finding some younger stars.

I was just shocked with this movie that they used a real NHL team. All of the past sports movies have involved fake teams. And even though I hate the Rangers, it was nice to see a real team represented.
I've been watching her a few years and didn't realize she'd passed 30, I did know it was baby #3. I still say she's more believable as an ingenue than CCB or Lacey Chabert. Don't get me wrong I love Lacey, but they really need to find their next crop of younger actresses. Maybe the sidekicks aging out of Disney XD and Nickelodeon...I wish Bailee Madison would do occasional Hallmark movies. She actually is young!

As a former west coaster I’m a Sharks fan, so could care less about the team selected. It was nice that it was a real team and not made up.

I like Alexa PenaVega because she actually is the right age for some of these roles, so I'm always glad when they don't cast Candace Cameron Bure in something that is clearly more appropriate for someone who is in their 20s.

Every time I see Candace in a role pretending to be in her 30s I roll my eyes. Danika McKeller too. Sorry but DJ Tanner and Winnie Cooper are older than me by a few years. I saw a commercial for a mystery movie that Candace us in that’s supposedly her 20th high school reunion. I just shook my head. She graduated more than 25 years ago. They need to start casting her in more age appropriate roles.

It’s an aside, but I just realized tonight Autumn Reeser was in “Lost Boys.” I know these actresses all had roles before Hallmark — but that one felt like a surprise 😂

The only Lost Boys that comes to mind is the original. Always forget that there was a sequel.

Exactly, that's why I had to look it up. I thought, "Autumn can't be that old?!?" :eek: :crazy2: If she was, she should be playing the grandma roles.
oldlady2.gif
:lmao:

It is fun to look back at some Hallstars earlier roles. Like the Hanukkah movie this year, the main female star didn’t look familiar to me at all, so I looked her up on IMDB and realized she was in Not Another Teen Movie as the sex-crazed/incestuous older sister of Chris Evans. First of all, she looked nothing like she did back then, but it was also just shocking to find that out. I mean, whenever I watch a Lacey movie I still just picture Eliza Thornberry and that’s why I though her role in Love on Safari was perfect as it was almost an ode to her time on the Wild Thornberrys lol.

I just watched “Taking a Shot at Love” and thoroughly enjoyed it! I know just enough hockey (one of my college roommates was our school team’s statistician) and ballet (the little girl I tutor is really into it) that I could relate to everything, and I like both actors.

I was please with the very natural inclusiveness, and my only beef was
you NEVER go to sleep amid a bunch of lit candles, power outage or not!!
Otherwise, I really liked it!

It is fun to look back at some Hallstars earlier roles.

Great topic! I recognize 3 Hallstars (great word! :thumbsup2 ) from old Criminal Minds episodes. Two of them, Victor Webster and Wes Brown were serial killers. :scared: Interestingly, each of them developed a mental illness that caused them to mentally blackout and kill in a moment of panic. They weren't the the type of serial killers who were just plain evil and liked to kill for fun.

I like to think that they are doing so many Hallmark movies now as a way of doing penance for all the people their serial killer characters killed. ;) Now, they are just spreading love.
4346d46c.gif

The third person, Rebecca Staub, was actually in the same episode with Victor Webster. She was one of his victims. :duck: Interestingly, they haven't been in any Hallmark movies together. Maybe she's staying away from him.
hiding2_smilie.gif
;)

New winter Hallmark movie tonight.

Tomorrow, HM&M kicks off it's new mystery season with a new episode of Aurora Teagarden. (Candace Cameron Bure.)

Now to wait for the skiing one next week. Lol

The skiing movie is tonight. ⛷ 🏂

Tomorrow is a new Jesse Metcalfe movie on HM&M.

(I know some people don't have cable and can't just flip channels to see what's on. And looking at various streaming apps may be inconvenient.)

I have been meaning to post a trick I learned about recording movies! The other day I had turned on Hallmark channel (after a movie had already started). I watched a couple minutes before a commercial. I flipped to other channels meanwhile. Eventually I did record the movie. What I did was set the start time to 15 minutes earlier than the original start time! That recorded the entire movie not just from where I had last turned it on! No clue whether this consistently works (I'll have to try it again some time and share) but I was quite pleased to have not missed any of the movie.

I liked last week's movie, A New Year's Resolution. For one, the actress, Aimee Teagarden, is actually around the age of the character and what she'd be doing around that age, especially when her friends nailed her on,"Whatever happened to your career goal of moving to Chicago, and not staying for years at a job that's great, but ultimately isn't where you want to be?"

I also liked that the two characters didn't meet under a "sparks flying" circumstance, where they don't get along at the beginning and we watch as coincidences happen where they are forced together and have to get over their dislike of each other. I'm really over people not getting along. We are seeing too much hostilities on the news and in real life. :headache: Some one else had mentioned, several pages back, that they hope Hallmark is doing kinder and gentler movies. :cloud9: I hope so too.

These two characters met under friendly circumstances and really showed from the start that they liked each other. I liked how they felt they could openly ask each other out, instead of always happening to coincidentally meet.

Last edited:
I watched the new Aurora Teagarden the other night and enjoyed that, and I also watched (over a couple of mornings) one of the Christmas movies I still had in the DVR - Swept Up by Christmas. It was a little predictable, but cute, and I liked the sub-plot of helping returning vets get back into jobs/civilian life. I gave it an "honest fluff plus".

I liked last week's movie, A New Year's Resolution. For one, the actress, Aimee Teagarden, is actually around the age of the character and what she'd be doing around that age, especially when her friends nailed her on,"Whatever happened to your career goal of moving to Chicago?"

I also liked that the two characters didn't meet under a "sparks flying" circumstance, where they don't get along at the beginning and we watch as coincidences happen where they are forced together and have to get over their dislike of each other. I'm really over people not getting along. We are seeing too much hostilities on the news and in real life. :headache: Some one else had mentioned, several pages back, that they hope Hallmark is doing kinder and gentler movies. :cloud9: I hope so too.

These two characters met under friendly circumstances and really showed from the start that they liked each other. I liked how they felt they could openly ask each other out, instead of always happening to coincidentally meet.
I liked this one, too! And I also loved that she was following her dreams, not setting them aside for a man she basically just met. This one felt very organic and the chemistry was good. Nice job casting ☺️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter