Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

I wish we did get GAC, Imzadi. Did you/anyone like A Christmas Treasure? That movie is on tomorrow night.

I didn't watch A Christmas Treasure. It may be for a totally petty reason. I watch TMZ all the time so that I am not totally clueless about pop culture. I had never ever heard of the female lead, Jordan Sparks, except on TMZ. Every time they spoke about her, it was in relation to the Kardashians. She was a BFF of one of them, then she wasn't. Then it was found out she slept with one of their boyfriends. She may finally be friends again with them, who knows, who cares? :rolleyes:

I don't know if she has any real talent or singing ability. I just thought that if Hallmark cast her as they want to attract the Kardashian fan base, and would start doing superficial movies to would attract them, I was having no part in helping bump the viewer rating of that movie.

I just looked at the IMDb.com ratings for that movie. It only got a 5.6. The lowest I will watch is a 5.5, and those turn out to be really bad Lifetime movies. Even the few reviewers who liked the movie gave it only a 6 out of 10. So, it doesn't seem like it would have been any good, had I watched it. :crazy2: I say pass on this one.

I didn't watch A Christmas Treasure. It may be for a totally petty reason. I watch TMZ all the time so that I am not totally clueless about pop culture. I had never ever heard of the female lead, Jordan Sparks, except on TMZ. Every time they spoke about her, it was in relation to the Kardashians. She was a BFF of one of them, then she wasn't. Then it was found out she slept with one of their boyfriends. She may finally be friends again with them, who knows, who cares? :rolleyes:

I don't know if she has any real talent or singing ability. I just thought that if Hallmark cast her as they want to attract the Kardashian fan base, and would start doing superficial movies to would attract them, I was having no part in helping bump the viewer rating of that movie.

I just looked at the IMDb.com ratings for that movie. It only got a 5.6. The lowest I will watch is a 5.5, and those turn out to be really bad Lifetime movies. Even the few reviewers who liked the movie gave it only a 6 out of 10. So, it doesn't seem like it would have been any good, had I watched it. :crazy2: I say pass on this one.
I don't think that's right. Jordin Sparks won American Idol many years ago, and has been married for 5 years and has a child.
I've seen her live twice, she has a TON of talent.

Jordin Sparks is famous for winning American Idol. She’s to date the youngest winner, I believe. Her father is also a famous football player. She’s also been on Broadway in a lead role, so she does have a lot of talent.

I’ve never heard of her in any context with adultery, I’m pretty sure she’s happily with her husband and little one,..

I don't think that's right. Jordin Sparks won American Idol many years ago, and has been married for 5 years and has a child.
I've seen her live twice, she has a TON of talent.

Jordin Sparks is famous for winning American Idol. She’s to date the youngest winner, I believe. Her father is also a famous football player. She’s also been on Broadway in a lead role, so she does have a lot of talent.

I’ve never heard of her in any context with adultery, I’m pretty sure she’s happily with her husband and little one,..

Wow! :eek:

Okay, just Googled :surfweb: and it was a Jordyn Woods who did all the Kardashian hob-nobbing and cheating.
smack.gif

Whoops! Sorry Jordin Sparks, for accidentally smearing you and mixing you up with someone else. :blush:

And I'm glad Hallmark didn't hire someone just to help her rehabilitate a trashy reputation, and that they are not trying to attract the Kardashian fan base.

So, did you guys watch the movie? The IMDb still gave it a low rating. Is it worth watching, especially since Jordin Sparks isn't Jordyn Woods after all? :teleport: :lmao:

Thanks everyone! I'll let you know what we think should I end up DVR-ing it. It doesn't sound all that interesting I admit!

The name mix-up has actually made me feel old. :lmao: There is a recent thread on the DIS that was about popular names of your generation. Other than Michael Jordan and Jordan Fisher, (Broadway actor and Dancing With the Stars winner,) I don't really know of many people/celebs named Jordan (and the various spellings.) It hadn't occurred to be there would be another famous female Jordan with a single syllable last name when I saw who was starring in the movie. :lmao: Jordin, Jordyn and Jordan Fisher are all around the same age, so it's apparently popular for their generation.

Last edited:

Imzadi, to me Jordan will always be a male name!

I did DVR A Christmas Treasure last night and am also recording The Christmas Cottage later (any thoughts on that one)?

Have a wonderful and safe rest of the weekend, everyone :)

The name mix-up has actually made me feel old. :lmao: There is a recent thread on the DIS that was about popular names of your generation. Other than Michael Jordan and Jordan Fisher, (Broadway actor and Dancing With the Stars winner,) I don't really know of many people/celebs named Jordan (and the various spellings.) It hadn't occurred to be there would be another famous female Jordan with a single syllable last name when I saw who was starring in the movie. :lmao: Jordin, Jordyn and Jordan Fisher are all around the same age, so it's apparently popular for their generation.
I mean this in a spirit of camaraderie as I’m also not a spring chick, but maybe consider another outlet for news than TMZ? My DS is 24 and he wouldn’t watch it…

And I agree, lots of variants of Jordan, Jordin, Jorden, Jordana…

Imzadi, to me Jordan will always be a male name!

Yes! That's also why it didn't occur to me there would be another female Jordan.

am also recording The Christmas Cottage later (any thoughts on that one)?

I love The Christmas Cottage. It's one of my favorites. Although, it took to seeing it a second time before it grabbed me.

Have a wonderful and safe rest of the weekend, everyone :)

You too! :goodvibes

I mean this in a spirit of camaraderie as I’m also not a spring chick, but maybe consider another outlet for news than TMZ? My DS is 24 and he wouldn’t watch it…

:lmao: It's only for some pop culture. But I know what you mean. Some celebs I still have no idea what they really do. They mention Cardi B this and Cardi B that. I know she's a singer, but wouldn't be able to name anything she's done. :lmao:

Yes! That's also why it didn't occur to me there would be another female Jordan.

I love The Christmas Cottage. It's one of my favorites. Although, it took to seeing it a second time before it grabbed me.

You too! :goodvibes
My husbands cousin has an adult daughter named Jordan. My dd also went to school with a Jordan, who was an evil little girl, but still a girl.

Christmas Cottage is recording as I type, thank you, Imzadi :)

As far as names go, maybe I'm just old or old fashioned or both lol and think of names as being for one gender or another. A couple other examples off the top of my head are Ryan and Charlie (both boy's names to me) and then Tracy and--I'm blanking on another example--only being girl's names.

Some names like Jesse (boy) and Jessi (girl for Jessica) to me go both ways.

Sorry to go off our🎄topic! I hope all of you are having a great Sunday.

Christmas Cottage is recording as I type, thank you, Imzadi :)

As far as names go, maybe I'm just old or old fashioned or both lol and think of names as being for one gender or another. A couple other examples off the top of my head are Ryan and Charlie (both boy's names to me) and then Tracy and--I'm blanking on another example--only being girl's names.

Some names like Jesse (boy) and Jessi (girl for Jessica) to me go both ways.

Sorry to go off our🎄topic! I hope all of you are having a great Sunday.

I remember when Madison and Taylor became popular as girl names.

Madison to me, Imzadi, is so similar to Madeline that I do think of it as a girl's name. Taylor to me is a last name! I know it can go either way and lol that (more often last names used as first names) is a whole different discussion!

We started watching A Christmas Treasure. Do any of you else think the characters speak SUPER fast? That was our first impression. We will watch more of the movie later.

Be safe and Happy 4th, friends :)

Finished watching A Christmas Treasure. Best part was the singing of my very favorite carol of O Holy Night. Wish it had been sung in full. I also thought that song should have been sung on Christmas Eve at the time capsule ceremony instead of This Christmas. To me those selections should have been switched in their movie placement. This was a movie that for me semi dragged until the end when it just ended! At that point, I would have enjoyed more to come. On a funny note, both my dad and I t thought Marcie's cousin chef Kyle was named Colin at the beginning of the movie before becoming Kyle later on. Will watch The Christmas Cottage this weekend. Have a good Thursday, everyone.

Reminder:

The first of three brand new Christmas movies airing during Christmas in July is premiering tomorrow, Saturday night. 🎄

My Grown-Up Christmas List premieres at 8pm ET on the Hallmark Channel.
Re-airs: Sun 7/10 at 6pm ET
and Thur 7/14 at 6pm ET
and Sun/17 at 12pm ET

Starring: Kevin McGarry, who is in a real-life relationship with Hallmark actress Kayla Wallace. Hallmark is making use of their real-life relationship as Kayla stars with him in this movie too.

(They starred together in Feeling Butterflies back in March. And they are on When Calls the Heart together, although they aren't a couple in that show.)

Description: My Grown-Up Christmas List is based on the Amy Grant/David Foster holiday song of the same name. It is a touching love story of Taylor Nichols and Luke Malone -- two people who form an immediate bond after a chance encounter. Told over several Christmases, the film explores how the couple navigates timing and distance to make a relationship work.

It was those two elements that struck a chord with Wallace. "When I first read [the script] I thought how different it was from a lot of [other] Hallmark movies," she explained during an exclusive interview with MediaVillage. "These characters meet off the top, and pretty quickly start a relationship. Then by the second act, the whole movie is watching their relationship evolve.

"That's a totally different take on the usual meet, spend some time liking each other, then not liking each other, then kiss and get married," she added. "That different formula intrigued me, and I also thought, 'What a beautiful story to tell for anyone who's had to go through a long-distance relationship or has family or friends in the military, and all the emotions that come with that.' This script just grabbed me."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter