Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

I've stopped watching Christmas movies for the season, but saved two or three in the DVR for "Christmas in July" binging.

I'm down to my last few Christmas movies for the season. I'm saving Hanukkah on Rye as my last movie, since it's supposed to be good, but I might not make it to it.

While channel surfing, I accidentally re-watched part of an old special on Downton Abbey. That got me re-binge watching that for the past several days. I may go back to some Christmas movies, but by then, I'll have the last two Wedding Veil movies to see AND The Way Home.

Along with taking down all the Christmas decor, it will be time to take "Christmas:" off the thread title until Christmas in July.

Last edited:
A Lifetime movie I am recommending is Reba McEntire's The Hammer. It's more like a mystery on HM&M than one of Lifetime's stalker type movies.

I (and other people on the web,) thought this was going to be a TV series. But, when we tuned in we found out it was only a single movie.

I have a sneaking suspicion :scratchin it was possibly going to be a series, but when Reba got cast instead, on ABC's Big Sky, that plan went out the window. It has all the bones for a long running series, great, smart writing, strong, intelligent female lead, great supporting cast which includes Melissa Peterman. It's set in the southwest, perfect environment for Reba.

It's not gory or bloody. Only one shot at the beginning of a dead body. And when Reba receives a box in the mail, don't look in the box. But, that's it.

It re-airs: Thur 1/26 at 11:03pm ET
And it's On Demand on Lifetime on Spectrum Cable.

Last edited:
I have a sneaking suspicion :scratchin it was possibly going to be a series, but when Reba got cast instead, on ABC's Big Sky, that plan went out the window. It has all the bones for a long running series, great, smart writing, strong, intelligent female lead, great supporting cast which includes Melissa Peterman. It's set in the southwest, perfect environment for Reba.
Thanks for the tip! I just set The Hammer to tape.

(I also watched Big Sky because I love Reba.)

Reminder for tomorrow, Saturday:

The Hallmark Channel is airing a Wedding Veil marathon
. It starts at 10am ET with the first movie, goes though all 5 current movies and ends with the premiere of:

The Wedding Veil Journey (#6) on at 8pm ET.

Re-airs: Sun 1/22 at 7pm ET
Sat 1/28 at 6pm ET

Starring: Alison Sweeney, Victor Webster, Lacey Chabert and Autumn Reeser.

This movie centers around Tracy and Nick, (Alison Sweeney and Victor Webster's) characters.

Description: Tracy and Nick agree to set aside work to make time for a long overdue honeymoon to Greece. However, when a travel delay costs them their hotel room, they wind up on a secluded island nearby. Is it possible the veil is once again working its magic and bringing them exactly where they need to be? They end up confronting their life choices.

:teacher: Fun Trivia:

It was filmed partly on location in Greece. 🥰 Victor Webster said in an interview, “It was an exceptional journey. I’ve never been to Greece before, but it has been on my bucket list forever. We went over there in the winter and it didn’t feel like winter at all.”

“There were no people there in the winter, the streets were empty, the shops were closed, and we had the whole place to ourselves. It was just us and the cats, it was great,” he said with a sweet laugh. “It was so beautiful in Greece and I loved the food.

Alison said, "First of all, I've never gotten to do a travel movie like that before, so I was pretty excited for that in general. I just never thought it was really going to happen, and I have that in my nature, maybe like Tracy. Like, 'Yeah, yeah. We'll see when they buy the plane ticket. I'll believe it when I'm actually there.' And then we were really there. We were in Greece, and it was spectacular and beautiful, more beautiful than you can imagine."

Alison told ETonline, "I was so thrilled to have the opportunity to make the first three [movies,] and when they did so well and the fans reacted so strongly, Hallmark reached out and said they wanted to do more movies. When Lacey told me, I was over the moon. So excited to get the chance to work with Lacey and Autumn again, to revisit these characters with new stories."

About whether there is interest in a third trilogy, Alison said, "Are you kidding? We would have dinner together and pitch each other ideas for what the next movies could be. So yes, there's definitely room for more Wedding Veil magic and I'm here for it," Sweeney confirmed, adding that "more is better." "If they want to do it, sign me up."

Last edited:

I'm looking forward to the last Wedding Veil movie tonight, I really enjoyed them all. I like the sequels, seeing what happens after the wedding is interesting and fun to me. Makes the stories more relatable. Having all the stories interconnected is something I have enjoyed as well. This next one, being in Greece, looks like fun! I do like when they take place somewhere like that, some place I'd love to visit.

The Way Home, episode 1 re-airs tonight at 10pm ET, following The Wedding Veil #6.

It is also On Demand on Spectrum Cable. (Not sure about other services and how On Demand works with them.)

The ratings for the first episode, according to deadline.com:
"The Way Home On Hallmark Becomes Sunday’s Second Most-Watched Program On Cable
Sunday’s debut of The Way Home starring Andie MacDowell and Chyler Leigh helped the Hallmark Channel to become the most-watched entertainment cable destination of the week and weekend in total day and primetime among key demos, according to Nielsen results.​
The show, which marks the network’s first new original series in almost seven years, also ranked as the second most-watched entertainment cable program on Sunday and the third most-watched of the week, reaching 2.4 million unduplicated total viewers."​

The series follows three generations of Landry women who embark on a journey to find their way back to each other while learning important lessons about their family’s past. The cast of the multigenerational family drama includes MacDowell (Maid), Leigh (Supergirl), Evan Williams (Blonde), and Sadie Laflamme-Snow (The Apprentice).

It premieres on Sunday nights at 9/8c. This is a 6 episode series.

Reminder for tomorrow, Sunday:

The Way Home, episode 2
(of 6) premieres on the Hallmark Channel at 9pm ET.

Re-airs: Fri 1/27 at 10pm ET

(Episode 1 does NOT air right before.)

Starring: Andie MacDowell (Cedar Cove,) and Chyler Leigh (Grey’s Anatomy,) Sadie Laflamme-Snow and Evan Williams.

Description: The Way Home follows the lives of three generations of Landry women who embark on a journey to find their way back to each other while learning important lessons about their family’s past.

From an article in Prevention.com Andie MacDowell said about playing a younger version of her character, Kat Landry:
"And instead of using a stunt double to portray her past self, MacDowell, 64, enlisted the power of makeup and Hollywood magic to film flashbacks. In a recent appearance on The Kelly Clarkson Show, she opened up about what it felt like to transform into her past self on screen.​
The 64-year-old admitted that the on-camera transformation was slightly intimidating but ultimately rewarding as an actress. “I had to play myself in 1999,” she said, which put her character at about 40 years old. She continued: “And that was a little scary because, you know, I’m an older woman, And we did some stuff with makeup and I wear a wig and everything, and they use a hustle blend lens, which is a portrait lens that gives kind of a diffused, matte—it gave sort of a magical feeling.”​
Even then, the line delivery and body language required particular focus from MacDowell. “I had to think about how I sounded and what is my body like? Because you walk different. And I really was, like—my arms, you know,” she said, hugging herself to show insecurity, “because they change [as you get older]. And all those kinds of things.”​
She added that she felt especially moved by the opportunity to play a grandmother because she recently became one. “This is something that I feel like I’ve earned,” MacDowell says. “I’m really proud of where I am in my life. Also, I want to help promote the idea that we are beautiful at every age, that we should be comfortable where we are. That we don’t need to be ashamed of where we are. We’re valuable. There’s a huge value to grandparents.”​

I found this video, a couple weeks late, about going through a post-Christmas transition. Even so, I like the idea of planning a few items to help move forward to the new year and spring.

It also amazed me that a whole Christmas tree breaks down and fits into a big duffle bag. o_O

Reminder: On Tonight, Saturday

Love in Glacier National: A National Park Romance at 8pm ET on the Hallmark Channel
Starring: Ashley Newbrough and Stephen Huszar
Description: An avalanche forecasting expert brings her new technology to Glacier National Park where she faces push-back from the Director of Mountain Rescue who's trained in intuition and common sense.

:teacher: Fun Facts:

• If this movie is based on the real Glacier National Park, the park is in northwestern Montana. (Meanwhile the majority of this film was actually shot in Fernie, British Columbia, Canada at Whistler Blackcomb Ski Resort. :ssst: )

• The first national park, Yellowstone, in Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho was established on March 1, 1872. It has so many iconic features it's almost impossible to list them all.

• Documentarian Ken Burns created a wonderful series on the history and development of the U.S. national parks and national monuments called The National Parks: America's Best Idea. 🥰 It usually airs in the spring on PBS-TV.

• The difference between a national park and a state park is the governing body that oversees them. State parks are operated by state governments and national parks by the federal government. State parks also often have more amenities to offer than national parks.

• 20 states don't have any national parks at all. These include Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Wisconsin.

• Of the other 27 states, America’s 58 National Parks blanket an amazing 84.6 million acres of American soil. That’s a full 3.4 percent of the United States. The largest, St. Elias National Park, takes up a vast 8.3 million acres in South Central Alaska. The smallest, Hot Springs in Arkansas, covers a mere 5500 acres.

• Sequoia National Park in California is home to General Sherman, the largest known tree in the world. While General Sherman isn’t the tallest or the oldest tree on Earth, at 52,500 cubic feet in volume, it is the largest. To put its size in perspective, an Olympic sized swimming pool has a volume of 88,500 cubic feet—that means General Sherman is a little over half the size of a swimming pool. At a mere 2000 years old, however, it’s just reaching middle age. Scientists say it’s still growing.

• In Colorado’s Great Sand Dunes National Park, visitors can not only view the highest sand dune in North America, they can sled down it. Called the Star Dune, the giant 755 foot dune is perfect for adrenaline junkies with a need for speed. Great Sand Dunes National Park allows visitors to race down all its dunes on custom made sand boards and sleds.

• Seventy miles from Key West, Florida, Dry Tortugas National Park can only be reached by boat or airplane. Most of the 100-square-mile park is open water, though it also encompasses seven tiny islands. Known for its amazing scuba diving and snorkeling, the park features hundreds of shipwrecks visitors can explore. It’s also home to five species of sea turtle.

• Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado is the largest archaeological preserve in the United States, with thousands of archaeological sites. These include 600 cliff dwellings, where the Ancestral Pueblo people lived thousands of years ago.

• While all of the National Parks are full of breathtaking views and amazing historical monuments, Great Smoky Mountains National Park—which straddles the border between North Carolina and Tennessee—seems to be the most popular. Last year, it had more guests than any other park, attracting 307.2 million visits.

(Some of the National Park facts are from a Geico article.)

I'm from Maryland and I didn't understand that MD was on the list above. I did a search and this was what I found:

How many national parks are in Maryland?

Image result for national parks in maryland

There are 18 National Parks in Maryland that tell so many amazing stories! These parks include epic Assateague Island National Seashore, Harpers Ferry, Clara Barton National Historic Site and so many more!

Just odd that Maryland was on the other list.

I may watch tonight's movie. I like Ashley Newbrough a lot. My favorite is her Christmas movie with Kristoffer Polaha, Small Town Christmas (I think that's the title).

There are 18 National Parks in Maryland that tell so many amazing stories! These parks include epic Assateague Island National Seashore, Harpers Ferry, Clara Barton National Historic Site and so many more!

Just odd that Maryland was on the other list.

I snipped that list from somewhere on the web. After I posted it, I also noticed their addition is off as, after they listed the 20 states that don't have a national park, they said, "Of the 27 other states. . ." Did we lose a few states somehow? Maybe during the pandemic? :eek: :lmao:

I may watch tonight's movie. I like Ashley Newbrough a lot. My favorite is her Christmas movie with Kristoffer Polaha, Small Town Christmas (I think that's the title).

That's my favorite movie by her too. :thumbsup2

Reminder for tomorrow, Sunday:

The Way Home, episode 3

Re-airs: Fri 2/3 at 10pm ET

Starring: Andie MacDowell (Cedar Cove,) and Chyler Leigh (Grey’s Anatomy,) Sadie Laflamme-Snow and Evan Williams.

Description: The Way Home follows the lives of three generations of Landry women who embark on a journey to find their way back to each other while learning important lessons about their family’s past.

New and classic songs are featured in The Way Home.

You can play tracks from each episode. Check the link below, each week, as new songs from each episode are added.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/the-way-home/music-from-the-way-home

There are no premieres scheduled for Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

To those of you who are watching, how is The Way Home? I haven't watched it yet but the commercials look interesting. Thanks, friends. I hope all of you are staying warm and well! Have a good evening with sweet dreams, too.

Reminder: On Tonight, Saturday

Love in Glacier National: A National Park Romance at 8pm ET on the Hallmark Channel
Starring: Ashley Newbrough and Stephen Huszar
Description: An avalanche forecasting expert brings her new technology to Glacier National Park where she faces push-back from the Director of Mountain Rescue who's trained in intuition and common sense.

:teacher: Fun Facts:

• If this movie is based on the real Glacier National Park, the park is in northwestern Montana. (Meanwhile the majority of this film was actually shot in Fernie, British Columbia, Canada at Whistler Blackcomb Ski Resort. :ssst: )

• The first national park, Yellowstone, in Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho was established on March 1, 1872. It has so many iconic features it's almost impossible to list them all.

• Documentarian Ken Burns created a wonderful series on the history and development of the U.S. national parks and national monuments called The National Parks: America's Best Idea. 🥰 It usually airs in the spring on PBS-TV.

• The difference between a national park and a state park is the governing body that oversees them. State parks are operated by state governments and national parks by the federal government. State parks also often have more amenities to offer than national parks.

• 20 states don't have any national parks at all. These include Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Wisconsin.

• Of the other 27 states, America’s 58 National Parks blanket an amazing 84.6 million acres of American soil. That’s a full 3.4 percent of the United States. The largest, St. Elias National Park, takes up a vast 8.3 million acres in South Central Alaska. The smallest, Hot Springs in Arkansas, covers a mere 5500 acres.

• Sequoia National Park in California is home to General Sherman, the largest known tree in the world. While General Sherman isn’t the tallest or the oldest tree on Earth, at 52,500 cubic feet in volume, it is the largest. To put its size in perspective, an Olympic sized swimming pool has a volume of 88,500 cubic feet—that means General Sherman is a little over half the size of a swimming pool. At a mere 2000 years old, however, it’s just reaching middle age. Scientists say it’s still growing.

• In Colorado’s Great Sand Dunes National Park, visitors can not only view the highest sand dune in North America, they can sled down it. Called the Star Dune, the giant 755 foot dune is perfect for adrenaline junkies with a need for speed. Great Sand Dunes National Park allows visitors to race down all its dunes on custom made sand boards and sleds.

• Seventy miles from Key West, Florida, Dry Tortugas National Park can only be reached by boat or airplane. Most of the 100-square-mile park is open water, though it also encompasses seven tiny islands. Known for its amazing scuba diving and snorkeling, the park features hundreds of shipwrecks visitors can explore. It’s also home to five species of sea turtle.

• Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado is the largest archaeological preserve in the United States, with thousands of archaeological sites. These include 600 cliff dwellings, where the Ancestral Pueblo people lived thousands of years ago.

• While all of the National Parks are full of breathtaking views and amazing historical monuments, Great Smoky Mountains National Park—which straddles the border between North Carolina and Tennessee—seems to be the most popular. Last year, it had more guests than any other park, attracting 307.2 million visits.

(Some of the National Park facts are from a Geico article.)
Glacier is truly a bucket-list park. We were fortunate enough to visit in 2021.

Reminder: 3 premieres this weekend:

Saturday:

Sweeter Than Chocolate at 8pm ET on the Hallmark Channel
Starring: Eloise Mumford and Dan Jeannotte
Description: A TV reporter goes to investigate a local bakery which is rumored to have the secret recipe to finding true love on Valentine's Day.

Dan-Jeannotte-Teases-Hallmarks-Sweeter-Than-Chocolate.jpg

In an exclusive interview with Us Weekly, Dan Jeannotte said, “When I first read the script, it immediately struck me as a different kind of story than some of these rom-coms tend to be. Because we weren’t just focused on the love story between the two main characters. You also get to see these snippets of a lot of different kinds of love stories.”

The Canadian actor, who plays journalist Dean Chase in the “Loveuary” film, added: “I thought that was so cute and fresh and it just brought energy to the movie and it makes it extra loving, extra sweet.”

Fun Trivia: (especially for @Worfiedoodles who loves reading books :coffee: )

Sweeter Than Chocolate is also a novel by Liz Shane put out by Hallmark Publishing.

You can find out more about it here:
https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/hallmark-publishing/sweeter-than-chocolate

Reminder for Sunday:

Curious Caterer: Grilling Season, (movie #2)
at 7pm ET on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries

Starring: Nikki DeLoach and Andrew Walker.
Description: Professional caterer Goldy Berry and detective Tom Schultz are back!
Cheer.gif

They reunite when a realtor is murdered.
Cheer_huh.gif

Goldy throws a lavish barbecue event for her childhood friend, acclaimed realtor Susie Craig. Later that night, she is shocked to discover that after the event concluded, Susie's grill exploded and killed her. Goldy's professional reputation is put under fire when people realize that she was the last one to use the grill.

On a mission to clear her name, Goldy teams up once again with detective Tom Schultz to figure out who was behind this mysterious explosion. As they weed through manipulative party guests, heated gossip, and dark secrets, the suspect list grows with familiar names, ranging from business partners to ex-spouses. Goldy and Tom realize that the murderer might be closer to them than they initially imagined.

Fun Trivia:
This new HM&M mystery series is based on the mystery novel series, nicknamed the "Goldy Culinary Mysteries" by Diane Mott Davidson. The movie Grilling Season is loosely based on Book 7 in the series.

https://www.amazon.com/Goldy-Schulz-17-book-series/dp/B075V8NLWT

Also on Sunday:

The Way Home, episode 4

Re-airs: Fri 2/10 at 10pm ET
and Sun 2/12 at 9pm ET

Also all 4 episodes are On Demand on Spectrum Cable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter