"Haley" now telling us about the closing

I know it's not big and it's not clever, but there is a certain sense of satisfaction in slapping the annoying girl around the face with my cursor.

I'm getting real tired of hearing the
'VMK was a PROMOTION for the 50th celebration' junk.

Yes, I saw the press release about VMK being intended for a limited time. I saw that press release LAST WEEK.

I did NOT see it at the kiosk in DLC Tomorrowland when my wife and kids and I stopped to ask about it, or when we spent hours in Innoventions trying to create characters so that we could have BIP status (and more cool free stuff), nor did I see it after we spent several DAYS out of multiple family trips to do the in-part quests.
I did not see it when we changed our travel dates last summer and paid for annual pass upgrades from the multi-day park hoppers we bought, so that we could get to the park in time to do the in-park quests again before they were gone, or when I called to complain about the removal of those quests.
Not a soul, in dozens of those interactions ever mentioned that VMK was a 'limited-time promotion' and would be going away.

I didn't read the press releases on the opening of Tower of Terror at DCA or the release of The Game Plan on DVD either.

Who does?

And again, SO WHAT IF IT WAS a promotion?
'It's a Small World' was designed as a limited time attraction (have you seen the portable canal setup in the ride?) and we loved it so much that they xeroxed it and gave it a home in the parks.

By the way, this limited time attraction (It's a Small World) is closed for a major overhaul - they could do a major overhaul of VMK and not have to 'close the ride' to do it.

So the honesty part:

Other 50th celebration events (fireworks, parades, etc.) have continued.

Calling it a promotion is a smoke screen. They could 'convert' a promotion to a permanent fixture (as many of us percieved VMK to be all along) any time they chose to.

They've done it before.

Jake has had just about enough of her....

haley-12.jpg

ah hahahahahaha!!! OMG Mouse.he that is hilarious! That visual is priceless... :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Yes, I saw the press release about VMK being intended for a limited time. I saw that press release LAST WEEK.

I did NOT see it at the kiosk in DLC Tomorrowland when my wife and kids and I stopped to ask about it, or when we spent hours in Innoventions trying to create characters so that we could have BIP status (and more cool free stuff), nor did I see it after we spent several DAYS out of multiple family trips to do the in-part quests.
I did not see it when we changed our travel dates last summer and paid for annual pass upgrades from the multi-day park hoppers we bought, so that we could get to the park in time to do the in-park quests again before they were gone, or when I called to complain about the removal of those quests.
Not a soul, in dozens of those interactions ever mentioned that VMK was a 'limited-time promotion' and would be going away.

I didn't read the press releases on the opening of Tower of Terror at DCA or the release of The Game Plan on DVD either.

Who does?

'It's a Small World' was designed as a limited time attraction (have you seen the portable canal setup in the ride?) and we loved it so much that they xeroxed it and gave it a home in the parks.

By the way, this limited time attraction (It's a Small World) is closed for a major overhaul - they could do a major overhaul of VMK and not have to 'close the ride' to do it.

So the honesty part:

Calling it a promotion is a smoke screen. They could 'convert' a promotion to a permanent fixture (as many of us percieved VMK to be all along) any time they chose to.

They've done it before.

AMEN! Very very well written! Have you sent that to Disney?

Hey so odd question. I realize they called it a promotion, but if it was just that, shouldn't they have let the cards expire? Some or all of them say like September 30, 2006.

Hey so odd question. I realize they called it a promotion, but if it was just that, shouldn't they have let the cards expire? Some or all of them say like September 30, 2006.

Well, remember, these are the same people that said the word "participation" means 33 people.

Who does?

So the honesty part:

They've done it before.

Exactly!

Remember Lights, Motors, Action?

Remember YEAR OF A MILLION DREAMS?

COME ON!

Yeah, but it also says subject to restrictions and change without notice. :sad1:

The replies to this thread are the best ever, each and every one of them makes me laugh so much!! :rotfl:

This one is totally golden:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Jake, you're my hero! Are you taken?

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Of COURSE they wouldn't have told us that it was a promotion when it came out. Who would spend money on a game that would close in a year or less? VERY LITTLE!!

So, in other words, they jipped us...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!