hair wraps

tinker-kyle

Mouseketeer
hi ..
at wdw my dd loves to get her hair wrapped ... there are booths at the water parks and at most hotel pools ... what about at DL? does anyone know of a place where you could get your hair wrapped?

also i see club libby lu opened at downtown disney ... does anyone know appoximate price range for a "make-over"

maybe we'll do that instead of the hair wrap

thanks!
:cheer2:

OH definately do club libby lu!! If you go to my trip reports - you can see all about it. Also photos here...
http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=253966507

It is only $20 for the hair/makeup/nails and then you can add onto your package if you want. Also, in the $20 package (and any others), you get to choose 5 things from this big shelf of stuff (lip glosses, hair stuff,etc... - very 'claires' like stuff). You can also get a tank top for $10 if you get the makeover. Warning....this place is addictive! I could have spent about $300 in 10 mins! Thank goodness I left my traveller's checks back at the hotel! lol.

Tinker-Kyle,
They do have a hair wrap kiosk on the walkway from DLH to DTD. It is one of the first ones on the right. I see girls getting a few strands everytime I pass by there as it is on the way from the "free" DTD parking. Definately check it out :earsboy:

Of course, Libby Lu is already very popular, I would do both if you can, what the heck, it is vacation....and a DISNEY vacation at that :earsboy:

A hair wrap is when they take a few strands of your hair and wrap from scalp to tip with colorful thread and then attach beads to the bottom ... very tropical
its pretty, but a little costly usually 1-2$ per inch of hair wrapped + cost of beads but it is a very long-lasting souvenir (DD's have lasted 6-8 weeks)

i'll probably offer her the choice ... we've done libby lu for birthday parties but the "do" can only last a day or two (less if you're swimming)

my only complaint about hair wraps at wdw is that the beads are non-disney coz the booth are run by a private company -- so we've had dolphins and butterflies, etc ...but dying for mickey or tink! i'm pretty sure that pretty soon someone at disney will find out that there is a market for disney character hair wrap beads and we'll be set!

thanks for the info! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter