Hair dryer on Wonder

CisforCookie991

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know what kind of hair dryer is on the Wonder? I’m particular about hair dryers and usually bring a travel one so there are no surprises. I discovered last week that the one I brought on the Dream last year is non-compliant (planning fail). It has 1875 stamped on the side in huge font and no one stopped me. So now I’m wondering if I should get a different one. Thanks!

I don't know, but over the 20 years I have been on these boards the hair dryers have been VERY controversial. Frankly, it seems that some folks use a flame thrower at home to dry their hair. But I suspect the hair dryers provided won't exceed the safe power limits on the ship.

I don't know, but over the 20 years I have been on these boards the hair dryers have been VERY controversial. Frankly, it seems that some folks use a flame thrower at home to dry their hair. But I suspect the hair dryers provided won't exceed the safe power limits on the ship.
I tried a flame thrower once. Made my hair a little crunchier than I like. 😁

I tried a flame thrower once. Made my hair a little crunchier than I like. 😁
My wife and I have been cruising for 40 years. One of our favorite activities is to watch in the main dining room how many women have clearly spent time fixing their hair the first night or two. After that, especially on a Caribbean cruise with the humidity and wind, they give up because within 15 minutes, their hair goes back to it's nature state.

My wife and I have been cruising for 40 years. One of our favorite activities is to watch in the main dining room how many women have clearly spent time fixing their hair the first night or two. After that, especially on a Caribbean cruise with the humidity and wind, they give up because within 15 minutes, their hair goes back to it's nature state.
Haha I just want mine to dry but it can sometimes take a while even with my regular dryer. I have had to spend far too long with sad hotel hair dryers and I’d much rather be spending that time enjoying the ship.

I believe when we were on the Wonder last fall they still had Babyliss dryers. The KEY that people don't get (and I had to re-learn myself)-- the dryer they provide works fine, as long as you plug it into the designated plug for the hair dryer at the desk and plug it all the way in. I forgot one time, and plugged it into the regular plug at the desk and it felt like it was blowing weak. You have to plug it into the special outlet provided and it works great.

I believe when we were on the Wonder last fall they still had Babyliss dryers. The KEY that people don't get (and I had to re-learn myself)-- the dryer they provide works fine, as long as you plug it into the designated plug for the hair dryer at the desk and plug it all the way in. I forgot one time, and plugged it into the regular plug at the desk and it felt like it was blowing weak. You have to plug it into the special outlet provided and it works great.
I did the same thing one time. Thankfully I quickly realized my mistake.

I did the same thing one time. Thankfully I quickly realized my mistake.
I didn't realize until I had the stateroom attendant switch out the hair dryer and I plugged in the second one in the wrong plug. As soon as I figured out that's why it didn't work, I showed the attendant as well, in case he needed to know that to help future guests.

Thanks! This is helpful. I think I did use that correct outlet with my contraband dryer, mostly because it was the most convenient space-wise.

DCL supplies a perfectly good hair dryer in the drawer of the vanity. It has a special 2 prong circular plug that you can only plug in at the vanity. It had full power and I had no issues.

This is a picture from the Dream, but it is the same plug on the other ships.
20230507_135556.jpg

The “hairdryer outlet” is a standard German outlet. This is the one 220 Volt outlet in the room. You can plug any European device into it because they are made for that voltage. I love it because I can use it for my chargers and stuff charges quicker because of more Volts coming through. However, the other outlets are done in a way that can take European devices, too, without an adapter. Like the hairdryer. So the rule for the hairdryer is: use the outlet that you cannot use for any American plug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter