H20 Glow 2022 experience and photos

Are the tubes in the lazy river normally characters? I've been watching a video and have seen Wall-E, Kevin, Stitch, Minnie, etc. I'm wondering if this is a special event thing or a normal everyday thing. The fun tubes are a real added bonus for me lol

Are the tubes in the lazy river normally characters? I've been watching a video and have seen Wall-E, Kevin, Stitch, Minnie, etc. I'm wondering if this is a special event thing or a normal everyday thing. The fun tubes are a real added bonus for me lol
Special event items

Special event items
We were there tonight and they are SO CUTE!!!! We had a Nemo, Wall-E, Sully, Confetti Clear. I wanted the Dragon so bad but someone always beat me to it. Also saw the Minnie & Mickey but they were HUGE, too big to wrangle. Some clear and pink double riders, Kevin.

How long are the lines for rides? Lazy river full? Food line?
We had minimal lines for anything. Longest was Crusher but it was because we went there first and they had put up lots of the tubes and had to go pull them back out.

Family Raft ride never waited more than 5 minutes, same with everything else.

Lazy river not full at all, just grab a tube and go.

Food lines didn't exist, just walk up. Free food was soda you filled at dispensers or machines with paper cups, boxes of popcorn, ice cream Mickey Bar, Sandwich and Strawberry fruit bar.

HUGE PLUS = towels were included as often as you wanted.

Hopefully Disney sort out some of the issues. As the first night from reviews was lacking in Glow as Miss Tilly wasn’t even lite up.

Also the stupid bit that if you where already in the park you had to leave and go to the back of the line to get back in.

They had a table set up with a big sign in front of main store for you to get your bands inside the park. No need to leave.

Last edited:

I loved this party so much when I was there in 2019 (and I'm an old lady with bad knees who generally doesn't go to water parks) I'm seriously considering a trip just for this & the MNSSHP. I think for the price it is well worth it (the ticket price). I really enjoyed the lack of crowds, the fun floats in the lazy river, and not being in the hot sun lol!

I don't remember getting any free food or drinks in 2019 - I wonder if that part is new or did I forget it?

Anyone know how I would know if this event get cancelled tonight? It's gonna be raining /t storms till almost 8pm.

Ok so I wanna post my experience with the event last night. (From someone who has never been to typhoon lagoon)

It was closed till about 7:30 due to thunder storms in the area. So the 6-8 pre time was not useful.

Getting into the park was kinda a mess. Alot of folks not having tickets or something.. not really sure.

Only the front of the park lockers were being used (so don't attempt to go to the other ones)

Towels are at the merchandise shop

Plenty of changing rooms and showers, but the changing room curtains do not close all the way and leave the ends open to the world.

Due to the rain alot of the seating areas were flooded. But still plenty of spots to call home. The sand is nice and soft so no worries walking in it to your chairs.

Lazy river was great . The only downside was it seemed to have all the tubes in one area and they all got stuck before the giant water fall so untill many people went around the tube situation was rough.

The map was very confusing to me and my husband. We got lost multiple times trying to find the tube slides. Near the storm chaser body slides it had a sign for the tube slides and we wandered around for far to long till we realized the sign was just in a horrible spot.

Lines... Well they were all posted 5-10 min. But they were big big lies. Crushing gusher posted 10 min wait. To just get a tube was 15 min than the line up the stairs took an other 15. ( One of the slides was down tho) storm chasers was down due to someone losing glasses but thankfully was only about a 15 min down time. The tube slides (mayday and keehal) again posted 5-10 but that was just getting a tube and not the actual line up the stairs. Kinda disappointed because we only got to do these rides once each due to the wait times.

Walking and stairs.. so many stairs in the dark with no lights around. We got lost alot so we ended up walking laps around the park a few times to spot everything. We usually do 10-16 miles a day in the park but barefoot miles just feel different hah.

Buses: we use Lyft to the park. Didn't seem worth it to go to DS than take that bus to typhoon lagoon. (Lyft cost after tip was 20$.) On the way out they just use the DS busses to move everyone to the other bus port. Disney spring is open till 11:30 on these nights so not a huge worry about not grabbing a bus.

Tldr: storms ate into our time, lines were much longer than we had hoped, and wished we did more research on the park layout. We had alot of fun tho! And feel it was worth the money.

Attachments

• PXL_20220626_002609519.jpg
    PXL_20220626_002609519.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 33
  • PXL_20220626_020145588.jpg
    PXL_20220626_020145588.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 34
  • PXL_20220625_225932150.jpg
    PXL_20220625_225932150.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 33
Special event items

I was just hunting the Amazon Prime Day Deals for Disney AND I FOUND ALL THE FLOATS!!!!! Dory, Kevin, Mickey, Minnie, Wall-E, Nemo, Stitch, Sulley!

Disney Lazy River Fun Floats

Wanted to see if there is anyone else with experiences to share here? We are looking forward to our party in a few weeks!

Well tonight was a waste of an evening. yes Disney can’t control the weather, but the organisation’s and discussions making from the powers above was awful.

Was pretty obvious after the first lightning it wasn’t going to stop yet no one wanted to make a call on what to do.

Once they made the pool evacuation announcement there was no Cm’s telling people what was going or what to do.

If you visit guest relations you can get a refund. Despite what a senior CM was telling people at the park.

Well tonight was a waste of an evening. yes Disney can’t control the weather, but the organisation’s and discussions making from the powers above was awful.

Was pretty obvious after the first lightning it wasn’t going to stop yet no one wanted to make a call on what to do.

Once they made the pool evacuation announcement there was no Cm’s telling people what was going or what to do.

If you visit guest relations you can get a refund. Despite what a senior CM was telling people at the park.
I am so sorry! This is a fever of mine if the weather isn’t cooperating, how disappointing

Same thing happened on my night. Bad weather before the event so everyone was just walking around without a clue as to when we could do anything. Thankfully our night got better. I am sorry your event got rained out :(

We were there on July 23rd and had a great time! We did have 2 issues - 1) by the time we arrived all the handicap parking spots were taken by day guests. The parking attendant, very reluctantly, let me drop my mom off at the front before parking. The other issue was during the dance party - the characters would come out onto the sand 1 or 2 at a time to dance. CM's where trying their best to keep kids away from them and failing miserably (I would not have wanted that job!). We made our kids obey and had a few minutes of tears when other kids got to hug/high five Stitch and ours did not - it was a good teaching moment tho. Short lines for everything - I think the longest we waited was about 15 minutes for Crush n Gusher. We mostly hung out at the wave pool, lazy river and dance party. We did not intend to stay til the end, but ended up doing just that as everyone was having such a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter