H&V, Fantasmic Package Gone Up to $33.95??

soluc

Mouseketeer
I was informed by DU that the Fantasmic dinner package at Hollywood and Vine is not $22.99 but $33.95 per adult? Is this correct? It seems like a HUGE increase in price?
TIA...

I sure hope not. I sure as hell am not paying that much to eat someplace just so I don't have to eat at my seats while I wait for the show to start.

I had checked a few days ago and was told it was $22.95 NOT including drinks or tax but included tip.

I guess I'll bother DD later and call again to ask about the package.

I booked the H & V fantasmic package yesterday for 2 adults and 2 children. I was quoted $22.99 for adults and $10.99 for kids. After booking it I was told the total was $108.00. Wait, where did the extra 40 bucks come from? It turns out she had booked H & V but charged me for the Hollywood Brown Derby. The real total including tax was $72.

I was also told by one CM that I had to pick up the vouchers at MGM Guest Services, and by another CM that I could pick them up at my hotel. Other posters have been told that there credit card would be charged right away, but I was told I could pay cash when I get there. In short, this is a new program and the CMs don't totally have their act together yet, so make sure you confirm everything when you book!

I called myself and at first was told I could only book 60 days out. I asked her to double check and she apologized after realizing her mistake.
I booked Hollywood and Vine for 22.99 per adult and 10.99 per child.
I was told to pickup our vouchers at MGM guest services and that my CC would be charged at time of booking.
Thanks, :)

Tier 1 - Hollywood & Vine
Adult $22.99 / Child $10.99
Includes full buffet, including dessert.
Beverages NOT included for adults, IS included for child.
Price includes 15% gratuity, Sales tax NOT included.

Tier 2 - Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
Adult $32.99 - Includes one wood-fired Flatbread to share, family-style salad, choice of entree, and Fantasmic! Tiramisu for dessert. Beverages NOT included.

Child $10.99 - Any meal from the child's menu. Includes entree, dessert, and child's beverage.

Prices include 15% gratuity. Sales tax NOT included.

Tier 3 - Hollywood Brown Derby
Adult $39.99 - Includes choice of soup, salad, or appetizer, entree and dessert. Beverages NOT included.

Child $10.99 - Any meal from the child's menu. Includes entree, dessert and child's beverage.

Prices include 15% gratuity. Sales tax NOT included.

We did the Fantasmic package at the Brown Derby last night, we were prepared to pay seperately for our beverages. We were told by the waiter that the price did include a cold or hot non-alcoholic beverage, so we didn't have to pay anything extra.

Yesterday was the first day of the new packages and they were very confused! Also, Fantasmic was cancelled last night due to bad weather. Luckily we had seen it earlier in the week:D . We did enjoy the dinner, though.

Angel

Oooh! You went last night! What was on the limited menu? Did they have Cobb salad? Did they have grapefruit cake? I must know!

BTW, I'm thinking that the mix-up with the beverages has to do with the interpretation of the term "adult" beverages. IMO, Disney is using the phrase adult beverages to refer to alcoholic drinks, while people who are reporting the informaiton are taking adult beverages to mean any beverage that an adult might consume (including soft drinks).

The grapefruit cake was on the menu, my husband had that. The other family that was with us had the cobb salad for two and I think they had to pay extra for it. Also, they were having surf & turf (it was good) but we did have to pay the $10.00 extra for the lobster.

I think those were the only things the waiter pointed out that would be extra.

I understand that if Fantasmic is cancelled, you don't get to go at another time? Is that correct? I would hate to pay for a package deal and have this happen. Sorry for you.:(

That's correct, it's good for that night only. It was kind of disappointing but dinner was good anyway.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter